Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by yourz4ever

“Oh hi sissy.” Ashley looked up and hugged me tightly.
“Where’s Mommy?” She asked.
“She at the house talking to a person that is one of her co workers. She is finally getting a full job.” I smiled.
“That’s good.” Ashley commented as we were walking out the building.
    I lead Ashley to a different road than our usual path.
“Why are we going this way?” Ashley asked, surprised.
“We are going to pick up Tyler. Shane, the guy with Mom is taking us to a dinner.”
“Are we going to In and Out?” Ashley asked again. Since we ever tried In and Out, Ashley became obsessed with it.
“I.... I doubt it. We are going to a restaurant probably.”
     We lived on a two story house in the neighborhood. My neighborhood was pretty safe so my mom lets me walk around by myself except at night. Ashley, my little sister takes a ballet class everyday. They pick her up from school.  
    I headed to a building that said The Ballet Academy. Kind of a dumb name if you ask me.
Ashley was sitting at the lobby, staring at the floor. She still had her two braids in her brown hair that I did for her this morning.
“Hey, what’s up, Ash? I am so sorry I am late!”
d in front of the high school gym that Ty always go to.
    These high schoolers were hanging out in the entrance, drinking soda.
“Whatcha here for?” An African American dude asked me.  I glared at him and replied,
“Picking up my brother.” I squeezed Ashley’s hand. I ignore their stares and opened the gym’s door. The cheerleaders were practicing at a corner in the gym and the boys were playing full court basketball game. I made Ashley sit on the bleachers and I stared at my brother, angrily. Ty made a three pointer perfectly without touching the rim and the cheerleaders cheered on him.
“Go, Tyler!!!”
“Nice shot!”
“Awesome!”
“Good job!”
“Nice work!”
    Tyler turned around to their direction and smiled. The girls went wild. I just secretly glared at them too. Is he even noticing me? I thought. I had no choice but to yell,
“Tyler!” The girls looked at me like I was a weirdo and Tyler was either ignoring me or didn’t hear me.
“Tyler!” I yelled louder with Ashley. He still didn’t look this way. The girls started to stare at me more and more. I felt my cheek getting hotter. I breathe out silently and saw a tennis ball at the corner of my eyes. I headed there and grab the ball. I threw the ball around a little and threw at my devilish and hateful brother with all my might. Bam! It hit exactly in the middle of Ty’s head. He turned around surprisingly and had who-would-dare-to-do-that-to-me face. He saw me kind of smiling and glaring him at the same time. He told his friends something like time-out. He headed towards me and shoved me a little,
“What the fu-”
I looked at Ashley and he realized she was there and changed his sentence,
“What the heck was that for?! Yo embarrassed me in front of the girls!” He asked angrily.
“Oh, you are mad at me? Who was the one who told Mom this morning ‘No problem, I will pick Ash up today.’ Huh? What is more important, your stupid friends and basketball games or your little sister?” I asked furiously.
“ No big deal. I was going to pick her up right after this.” He shrugged. Oh my god, I hate him so much right now. I thought .
“She has been waiting for an hour, you dummy! Also, you said you will come late. So you were going to pick Ashley up still, walk her home, and then go back with your friends?” I continued irrationally, “If I didn’t realize it, Ashley might have stayed until it got dark! Tyler, don’t say it was just one time because this is your freakin millionth time saying that! Do you even love your little sister? You are so irresponsible!!!” The whole gym was silent and everyone was looking at us right now.
“Is, I am so sorry and I promise you I will never forget. But you know if I could get a scholarship for being on the team. We also have this really important game and-” He was interrupted by one of his friend.
“Yeah, don’t lecture your bro so much. He is like the beast here! People make mistakes ya know.” He was dribbling the ball slowly and I was amazed. So now does it become my fault or something? Do these people ever mind their own business?
“Ty, let’s get back to the game! We need to practice.” This bald white dude called him out. The friend who was dribbling the ball shot from the half pointer and missed. I smirked as my brother was actually about to go and start the game. The friend looked at me and asked,
“Did you just laugh at me?” I was so furiously how people were acting like jerks to me just because I am an eighth grader,
“Maybe I did.” I glared at him.
“Is, stop it.” Tyler said. I thought when did I ever start listening to my own brother? Never. I ignored him and stared at the friend. He threw the ball at me and said,
“Why don’t you try to make the shot?”
“Al, really.” I heard my brother say it. So his nickname is Al, huh? What an ugly name.... I thought as I walked up to the half court.
“Ty, if I make this, promise me that you will never make this ever again.” I turned around to him.
“Fine.” He replied, making the face that said I-will-never-make-the-shot. Was he even a brother? He should be actually supporting his own sister.
“What if you don’t make this?” The white bald dude asked.
“Ooooohhhhh.” The whole gym said.
“I won’t bother him anymore and never come back to this gym again.” I said thinking who would want to come here anyway?
I dribbled few times a little and rolled the ball in the air. I bent my knees a little, my right foot in front and my hand got use to the feeling of this ball. I only opened my dominant, measuring the distance and stuff. I breathe out a little opening my other eyes. Concentrate..... Concentrate..... I thought to myself. Then knees pushed up and my hands went forward and I flick my right wrist.  Swish! The aim was right and the ball went straight into the hoops without touching the rim or the back court. I put my hand down satisfied and turned around to the stupid high schoolers. Except for the  guy who challenged me and Ty, everyone was making the Oooowwww sound. I smiled at the stupid boy and glared at Ty,
“Come on let’s go.” I headed to Ashley and she smiled,
“Nice shot, Is!”
“Thanks!”


© 2013 yourz4ever


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Other than the confusing bit in the beginning where she's having a conversation with Ashley and then it switches back to before the conversation, it was great!There are the same couple of formatting errors from before, but they didn't distract the reader. Very nice storyline, I love your use of characters and descriptions. Great job! This is a great story!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Other than the confusing bit in the beginning where she's having a conversation with Ashley and then it switches back to before the conversation, it was great!There are the same couple of formatting errors from before, but they didn't distract the reader. Very nice storyline, I love your use of characters and descriptions. Great job! This is a great story!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
1 Review
Added on January 5, 2013
Last Updated on January 5, 2013
Tags: realistic fiction


Author

yourz4ever
yourz4ever

About
Hey! Just a little things about myself. I am a Korean tomboy who loves to watch anime and read manga~~~ I also love to write and read. My favorite sports are basketball, swimming, ice-skating, and .. more..

Writing
At school At school

A Chapter by yourz4ever