Undead Flower

Undead Flower

A Chapter by Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse
"

Ever heard of the legendary flower planted under the ground capturing the souls of an ancient tribe waiting to be free? Join 15 year old Detective Janet Jones and Monsieur D. Whiskers solve this case.

"

Undead Flower:

           

 I remember the day I wanted to become a great detective, I would read many stories of special cases like the Murder in the Rue Morgue, The Lost City of Atlantis and stories of Sherlock Holmes. These became my inspiration but I wanted to become the world’s best chick detective. My partner was no other than Monsieur D. Whiskers the name of my feline friend the D. was for Detective, my side kick would come in handy in the moments I couldn’t find objects and his acrobatic skills give him a kick as a partner. His golden bell on the red collar would ring every time he would find an interesting clue for me be it murder scenes, mysteries or robberies. The rat he had found had the silver bullet hidden in his mouth, that clever cat, and guess whose fingerprints were on it? Yup, that no good Lucci who killed the old lady. Good thing I caught him before he could do more damage out there. After some time off I came across a very old legendary mystery, Tribal Myths. Now this was a challenge! See, the thing about myths is that there is already a story of which is supposed to be believed, but we are missing facts, something that will lead into truth, of course back in the days you could only rely on legends, fables and myths and probably recorded history, but where are the facts?

            

Yet, this myth… the myth of the soul trapper… this was long ago forgotten. Do you really believe in a flower that grows under the ground? And then it traps souls? But the real icing on the cake is that no one can go into that sacred place and the island has disappeared as well. This is a joke, but you know what? I believe I could find it, I Janet Jones and Monsieur D. Whiskers will solve this unsolvable case and become the greatest detectives on Earth.

            

The next morning, time to wake up, tome to go, time to become famous! Those words spun around in my head as I laid eyes shut, open mind on my messy bed. I wake up and do my morning usual. My black hair was looking pretty crazy today so I covered it with my grey beanie matching my grey pants and threw on my red jacket screaming excitement while the black shirt under smelled like fear. Yet, I was walking on white clouds in my shoes, I packed my bag with all sorts of goodies especially kit-kat bars, how I love them! I also packed Monsieur D. Whiskers food and charged my phone, my journal was ready to be written in and my heart is racing. I am ready, determined and excited to go!

        

    I ran over to a ferry and hopped on to arrive to the closest Island to “Isla Hara.” There I was and Whiskers right next to me, a world of adventure ahead! We stopped at Black Heart Island, this place was supposed to be a child island of Hara, a story as China and Japan where envy grew and a separation, I hope I can find information of my investigation. “Excuse me sir.” I would stop strangers to ask about the Myth but no one was able to help me, the Sun grew tired and began to walk away and slowly as the Moon stood up to take care of him while he rested. Whiskers and I sat in front of a herb store until a young boy came out and asked.

            

Guna- “Why do you sit outside when the store is inside?”

Such a clever boy, sarcasm.


Janet- “I am not here for the store, I am here for Vida    Flora.”


The boys eyes opened wide and he quickly puts his finger on his mouth to shush me of such thing. He signaled me to follow him so I followed, we were in an ally.


Guna- “I know of what you speak, but you must not mention it here, these people were envious of that tribe, it was something so sad for brothers to become rivals.”


My cat began to purr, I tried to make it be quiet and there a shadow appeared, it was thin and moved quickly, I was cautious and looked around for any signs of the shadow.


            Janet- “We cannot speak here, there is someone following us.” I whispered.


Guna took out a sling shot, I guess it was his weapon, the Indian boy had strange markings on his arms in a light blue color. What could they mean? I reached to touch his arm but he pushed back.


            Guna- “No you can’t!”


            Janet- “What are those? What do they mean?” he turned around and ignored me.


Guna- “I was one of them. The White Feather Tribe. We were peaceful but the zealous Black Hearts decided to destroy them only because of one thing… The power of a King.”


The shadow re-appeared and I took out my BB Gun, the shadow quickly disappeared again.


            Janet- “Let’s get out of here, this is creeping me out.”


Guna ran out of the ally onto the dirt road and the sunny sky quickly turned, a storm was approaching, I could sense it. Whiskers was already shaking, I know how much he hated the rain. There we heard a great Thunder Clap and rain immediately began to fall. We were running but the dirt road becoming mud made it hard for us. The shadow appeared on the floor and then I saw the Indian boys arms light up, the symbols were glowing. He was shocked with a pale face.


            Guna- “It is him!” he said pointing at the distance


            Janet- “Who is it, boy? Who is him?”


I heard very light footsteps almost as if they were light taps on the floor and I saw what I believed could never be possible, a straw hat, blue shirt and black shorts with no body… a skeleton! Monsieur D. Whiskers jumped into my arms and the Indian boy was petrified.


Dosha- “Guna, Guna, do not be afraid. You know it is I, you know it is your brother, help me find the rest!”


Guna, the boy’s name? And this skeleton, how is it alive?


Guna- “Dosha! How are you alive? I saw you drop dead when you returned form the forbidden path of light planting the Vida Flora to save our tribe.”


Dosha- “The Chakra family granted me a new life, this body is not what you think.”


Dosha stepped into the mud and we observed detail by detail how his bones began to take the form of the Earth under his feet. He looked like he had a real body only made out of Dirt, his ghostly wind like voice once again blows into my ears saying


Dosha- “The Spirits have granted me the powers of the 5 elements, Fire, Earth, Water, Air and Ether, that great spirit is named Panchamahabuta hence receiving my powers to save our people. (he points towards the road) now come! Let us go to the Tree, the Silver Spirit Tree and release everyone from Vida Flora!”


            Guna- “You know I cant go in there!”

The rock skeleton got close and touched the center of his chest, a green symbol reading “Heart Chakra” appeared.


            Dosha- “Now with this crescent you may enter.”


            Janet- “What of us? Whiskers and I have to go as well, we could help.”


The skeletons blank look and expressionless face glared at me, he got close and measured my body, he looked all around, he took out a pendulum, a moon stone, and ran it up and down my body until it stopped on my stomach, the skeleton gasped.


            Dosha- “I see, such energy lies in you, I present to you the Solar Plexus.”


He slapped my belly and I felt a weird rush inside, when I looked down a yellow symbol with the name solar plexus was imprinted on my skin, then he touched my cat’s forehead and between his eyebrows was an Indigo symbol named Third Eye.


            Dosha- “Now that we have been blessed by the spirits we can enter the holy ground.”


He began to run down the dirt road and we followed until we reached the edge of the Island right to the beach, he pointed to a creek platform into what looked like a hidden cave. Marma Cavern. We all followed into the crystalized cave and then saw another opening on the other side we ran as fast as we could, when we reached the surface I understood. I look across and there was Black Heart Island, we were right in front of it but for some reason the Island we were currently on could not be visible from there, what was it?


Dosha- “This is Hara Island and it is not visible because I created a barrier, I coated it with a special coating from the Silver Tree for no one to find it, the only way in is through the Cavern, so behold… Island Hara.”


Island Hara, the lazy clouds rested on its floors and the stars hanged from the building’s roof top. Platinum covered the waters as gold coated the streets, what a beauty! In the distance I saw 2 fields full of white trees that were chopped down, the trunks were all that was left.


            Dosha- “Let's go I must show you.”


I was excited and we followed the mud man until his feet touched the clouds, he transformed into air, he floated along the clouds until we reached 2 giant stones, there was an entrance sealed with a pillar of fire, he Dosha floated right into it absorbing all of the fire and he looked back smiling with ruby gleaming eyes. He crossed to the other side and the fire burned out leaving a curtain of ashes to walk through and crossing to the other side, the fire reappeared. I looked forward and I saw nothing but darkness and a bright road leading to a gigantic Silver Tree that had golden leaves sprouting from its branches. The skeleton touched the floor of the road and turned into a bright leading light. Whiskers and I put on our black detective hats on, we walked slowly and Guna had his sling shot ready for anything, we get closer and closer to the Tree and Guna’s tattoos were shining again, our marking did as well. I looked closely and Dosha had a blue one right on his throat and when I look, way up top of the tree a purple gem emitted its color. We reached the Tree and behind it was an Ocean of white where voices echoed from the deep, the voices of spirits.


            The ancestral King, Queen, Princess and Prince, as I look closely to the waters I saw something moving and 2 beautiful Orcinus Orca’s were swimming in it, one had a red light and the other an orange one glowing under it. When they reach the surface they shift into human figures, one man, one woman. The Woman had the Orange glow and the Man the Red.


            Dosha- “Now we are all complete. These two are the guardians of the Vida Flora. Venus with the spleen chakra and Saturn with the Root chakra, I carry the throat chakra and the tree embeds the crown chakra. (he points at the white Ocean) look!”


The white Ocean amazingly changes into a rainbow emitted by each of our gems, Dosha then submerges into the water, his body taking the form of it, Venus and Saturn follow as Orcas.


            Dosha- “Come! Let's release our family.”


            Guna- “Yes let's go, brother.”


I followed them and put a tube for air on me and Whiskers. We went under water and in the water bed I found an opening too small for me, D. Whiskers went through it and found a trigger to open the sealed door, smart cat. When it opened I could not believe what I saw! A beautiful flower under the roots of the tree, its petals were too many to count but each of them had a color from the rainbow.


            Venus- “Each one of these petals contains a sleeping soul of the lost tribe.”

        

    Saturn- “And now it is time for them to awaken.”


We each went to the petals of our corresponding color and when we touched them they would turn black, I didn’t know what was going on, we got all of them out and Dosha cuts the flower off the roots to shrink in his palm the size of a leaf, black and crumpled. We swam back up and reached the surface we heard laughter, screams, joy, happiness, sadness, tears and I saw them all. The White Feather Tribe was revived, and under the tree 4 blue spirits roamed around it, the King, Queen, Prince and Princess of the Original Chakra Family.


            King- “You have revived the tribe and restored our kingdom and for that I will grant you with the crests of the chakra family.”


The seals of the chakras were embedded on our skins forever and then I saw Guna’s tattoos turn red.


            Janet- “What did those mean Guna? Tell me!”


            Guna- he smiles and sais “I was the map, the only living resource of the Tree, the symbols color represents the life of each person. When they were blue it meant they were only spirits, its glow meant the visitation of one and now that they are alive it has turned blood red.” He laughed and hugged the King his father.


The skeleton has turned back into a human and I have closed the unsolvable case of the nonexistent tribe. This was the reason of a flower, to live, to die, replant and revive. As I was about to close my journal I hear a distant drum beating, unfriendly sounds interrupted the joy. The Black Hearts have arrived and a battle was about to abrupt…  



© 2017 Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse


Author's Note

Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse
this is based on chakras and hindu culture for those who know about it then it will be fairly easy to understand for others it could be something new to read about. you should look up the meaning of the names, Dosha, Guna and Panchamahabuta as it will make it easier to understand.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I haven't yet looked at the names you suggested so I got part way through and thought it might be a good idea to so I get the full benefit of understanding. what I have read so far is brilliant..i want the cat..we can swop coz mine is usless lol. you have an amazing mind for story telling, full marks although im yet to fully understand it

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hcarson

8 Years Ago

I think you have a fantastic style of writing that i envy very much, your intelligence really comes .. read more
Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

8 Years Ago

Thanks alot!!!! That really became a confidence booster, I was kind of scared by this story not bein.. read more
hcarson

8 Years Ago

Thank you, im real glad you are goung to go with it, nothing better than a story you can learn from,.. read more



Reviews

I wasn't aware of this particular hindu culture but it was certainly interesting to read.
I'll be looking up these names to better understand the context. A flower that traps the soul sound so mythical though...


Posted 7 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

7 Years Ago

I was hoping you would read this one and another Hindu based writing titled Romance of Sun and Moon... read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

I haven't checked that one yet. Will be sure to 😊
It's always a pleasure reading your wor.. read more
Really like this idea you have, Drift.
A flower that traps souls. The chakras. The tribes you've created. I really think you should get yourself an editor and think about publishing some of your stories. Your children's stories are especially good.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

7 Years Ago

Papaya! Im so glad you are around. I have been thinking of it, Id love an illustrator too. thank you.. read more
Ana Papaya

7 Years Ago

My door is always open (to my poems). :)
Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

7 Years Ago

:D of course, I guess ill be going inside then [your doors (of your "poems")]
Tribal writing and a flower that was planted underneath the ground! Who would have thought! A tribe sleeping in its petals and the instructive chakra in this story are just wonderful! My Favorite Writer thus far in so many diverse styles of writing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

7 Years Ago

I appreciate the detail you put into reading this. You've captured alot of its facts.
A simple and mind-blowing read. I don`t have adequate knowledge on Hindu culture but I have studied chakras before. The personas of Janet and her feline sidekick were executed charmingly, a very unique pair. I love the cultural element you adapted into this story. Overall a nice read. Keep it up!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the read. I was trying to to write something a little different. I'll be doing new stu.. read more
You have penned another intriguingly unique tale ... I will share more via email ...

Posted 8 Years Ago


wow..as i now see you are once again proven to be an amazing writer! haha ..i loved it and at some points got me guessing such as the first part when
"brothers became rivals"...great job!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

8 Years Ago

thanks and im sorry it was such a long read! I am going to make a second part to it to end the rival.. read more
Writing Angel

8 Years Ago

neither can i ..i believe it will be great
I haven't yet looked at the names you suggested so I got part way through and thought it might be a good idea to so I get the full benefit of understanding. what I have read so far is brilliant..i want the cat..we can swop coz mine is usless lol. you have an amazing mind for story telling, full marks although im yet to fully understand it

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hcarson

8 Years Ago

I think you have a fantastic style of writing that i envy very much, your intelligence really comes .. read more
Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

8 Years Ago

Thanks alot!!!! That really became a confidence booster, I was kind of scared by this story not bein.. read more
hcarson

8 Years Ago

Thank you, im real glad you are goung to go with it, nothing better than a story you can learn from,.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

519 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 3, 2016
Last Updated on May 10, 2017


Author

Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse
Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

Worcester, MA



About
My writing is strongly based on science, culture, myths and fantasy. I do enjoy poem writing but short stories are my passion, I am developing a few novels as well. I am looking for any critique that .. more..

Writing