Dear Jayme. 1st Letter.

Dear Jayme. 1st Letter.

A Chapter by zoEstrr

Emily 4 January 2003


I found you by the meadow, wrapped up like a gift. Your yellow blanket contrasted so greatly from the field of green that only a blind man would have not seen you. Curiosity overcame me and I had to go find out what the yellow bundle was, I realised it was God’s greatest gift to man; love.


I fully and truly believe that you, Jayme, were made out of love and not some unwanted child. You were made out of love and made to be loved. You are more precious to me than gold, more precious to me than anything else the world has to offer. You were mine and that was the start of everything new. You were the happiest child I know, always a smile on your face and you were always laughing.


I did not know what to say when you announced that you’ll be hunting for your biological parents. It broke my heart and I was grieved. How could I have not expected this day to come, it was too soon. I thought that I could fully substitute your real mother but oh, how wrong I was. I knew you wanted me to be happy, to smile when you broke the news. Bravely, I did, I clapped, I told you I was proud. Deep down, it felt horrible, after you left, I ran to the toilet and threw up twice. I wanted to help you with your search but I could not bring myself to it. 


So, as you gathered your information, I sat and watched as you transformed before my very eyes. Jayme, I still love you.



© 2010 zoEstrr


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey, this sounds like a really good start to a story. Most of this is very eloquent but there are some parts that feel awkward for me and you may or may not choose to revise them:

Your yellow blanket contrasted so greatly from the field of green that only a blind man would have not seen you.

It broke my heart and I was grieved. How could I have not expected this day to come, it was too soon.

Other than that it's great, I look forward to reading the rest and I wouldn't mind leaving you comments on every chapter if you want.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Added on January 7, 2010
Last Updated on January 7, 2010


Author

zoEstrr
zoEstrr

Singapore, Marine Terrace, Singapore



About
I'm Zoie Esther, therefore, by default, I'm awesome. Okay, right. Now on to more serious stuff. I'm only 17, go easy on me, haha. I don't mind critiques, just be reasonable. I would love to hear what.. more..

Writing
Lost Love Lost Love

A Story by zoEstrr





The Shadow On My Shoulder
There is an angel who sits upon my shoulder who goes by the name of Death...