Am I Really Kidnapped? (5)

Am I Really Kidnapped? (5)

A Chapter by Celeste Park

Christian broke down the door, which actually broke from its hinges though somehow still standing. But that wasn’t part of his worry. He saw Alice’s dress on the ground and she was being pinned down by Dave with tears in her eyes. At that moment he felt as if his mind was going to explode. He told them in the beginning a thousand times not to touch her. Boy, were they going to regret it.


Without thinking Christian threw Dave out the doorway. He didn’t even once look at him. He kept his eyes on Alice the whole time. He was going to deal with Dave later. Alice was more important. Christian quickly sat down beside Alice and wrapped his arms around her. He didn’t know what else he could do.


“Alice,” Christian whispered.


“I-I can’t believe it. You planned this.” It wasn’t a question. She knew it was Christian’s idea. That was why he was trying to get close to her and even became her bodyguard.


“Sorry. I told them a thousand times that no one was supposed to lay a finger on you.”


“Why?”


Christian took a deep breath. “Things are complicated and I-I need the money…”


“You have a job.”


“That’s not good enough. I’m not rich like your parents,” Christian said, coldly.


Alice flinched. “You could have asked my dad. He would have understood. And you’re a great worker.”


“I’m sorry. This wasn’t supposed to happen. After spending a week at your house I couldn’t go through with the plan. I was going to cancel the kidnap but those f*****g idiots took action without me knowing. When your parents came back all depressed without you, I knew. You won’t believe how angry I was. Then I come here and find you almost naked! I swear to god I’m going to f*****g kill them.” Christian felt her shiver and didn’t know what to do or say. He was such an idiot. But now that it was already done he couldn’t go back.


“I-” Alice tried not to cry.


“Shh… It’s okay. I’m here. I won’t let anyone harm you.” There was a long silence. “Um…we need to get some clothes on you. If not I might attack you,” Christian said, half jokingly.


Alice smiled a bit. “You wouldn’t dare.”


Christian let go of her and walked to the closet. All there was were boys’ clothes and they were all probably too big for her. Christian grabbed the smallest sized shirt and threw it at her. She slipped it on and it went down to her knees.


“That’s definitely not going to work,” Christian said.


“It’s fine.” Alice sat on the bed with her legs crossed.


“Are you trying to seduce me or are you actually innocent?”


“Huh?”


Christian smirked and sat on the bed next to her. “You really don’t know what I’m talking about?” Christian rubbed his nose against her neck taking in her scent. She shivered. In a good way. At least, that was what Christian thought.


“C-chris…”


“Yes?”


“That feels weird.”


“Does it?” She gasped when he found her sensitive spot and kissed it.


She pushed away from him, blushing. “D-don’t do that.”


“Okay. Get some rest. I’ll guard the door.” Christian chuckled. She’s way too cute! He loved the way she reacted to him. There was no way he was going to let another guy touch her ever again.


Christian watched Alice as she slowly fell asleep. It was funny because she tried to stay awake but couldn’t. So, she fell asleep sitting with her arms wrapped around her legs. I guess I had made her lose some trust in me. It was his fault though. He regretted it but he was determined to gain her trust back no matter what. He just had to. It made him feel uneasy with her like this. A girl has definitely never made him feel this way before.


After Christian was positive that Alice had fallen asleep, he laid Alice in bed then gave her a kiss on her forehead. He pulled the blanket over her and went to grab a chair to sit by the bed.



Alice woke up to the smell of McDonalds. Christian was no longer in the room. She was alone. That lying b*****d, he said he was going to guard the door. It wouldn't be the first time he lied to her though. She walked out of the room and didn’t see a single soul. But she did hear some noises. She followed the noise into the kitchen. Four guys, including Christian and Dave, were sitting at a round table eating McDonalds. Christian saw her and signalled her to come over. She did. Christian offered her his chair and he left the room to grab another one. When he came back he introduced his friends to Alice.


“Well, you already know Dave,” Christian said, coldly.


Yesterday Dave looked fine but now he had bruises and cuts all over. It was like he had a fight with some gang. And yet he was still smiling.


Alice tried to smile politely. What else was she to do after what had happened last night?


“The blonde over there is Eric. The brunette is Jon.”


“Hi,” Alice said, shyly.


Christian gave Alice an Egg McMuffin.


“T-thanks,” Alice said nervously.


“You don’t have to be so nervous. No one is going to hurt you. We’ll let you go after we get the money.”


“You’re not afraid I’ll tell?”


Christian looked Alice in the eyes. “You won’t.” He really did believe her. She could tell.


“Dude, you sure about that?” asked Jon.


“I’m sure,” Christian replied in an instant, not once looking away from Alice.


Alice blushed and had to look away. He was staring at her to intensely. “I-I’m going to eat in the room.” Alice grabbed her Egg McMuffin and hurried back to the room. She would have locked it as well but Christian had broken down the door last night. Alice was surprised that the door actually flew out of its hinges. He must be really strong to do that. He did look quite muscular...and tall...and handsome. Alice shook her head. No. No. No. He kidnapped you, she thought to herself.



Christian stayed seated with his friends in the kitchen, debating in his head whether or not to check up on Alice. She still wasn’t used to him. He didn’t mind it at first but now she couldn’t even stay in the same room as him. Was he that horrible for kidnapping her? He didn’t harm her nor did what Dave had done.


Christian banged his head on the table in frustration. His friends looked at him as if he was on drugs or something.


“You all right, Chris?” asked Jon. Everyone else was too afraid to ask, especially Dave.


Christian sighed. “Yeah.”


“I know! We should go catch a movie and relax a bit,” Dave suggested.


“That sounds good. There’s a new movie I want to watch,” said Eric.


“What about the girl?” Jon asked. “We can’t bring her with us. Someone might recognize her. And we can’t leave her here on her own either.”


“You guys go ahead. I don’t feel like watching a movie. I’ll stay and watch her,” Christian said.


“You sure man? You’re probably going to do much more than just watch,” said Dave.


“I’m not you, dumb f**k.” Christian glared at him.


“Chill out. I told you I just kissed her.”


“Shut it before I do it for you.”


“Okay, okay. Let’s go. Christian definitely needs to chill.”


After they were all gone, Christian finally went to check up on Alice. He only decided to after a whole hour of thinking about it. But He still hesitated as he walked to the room.


Christian knocked first. Of course there was no door so he knocked on the wall.


“Come in,” said Alice.


Christian walked into the room. “Um. You okay? If you’re still hungry I’ll go grab something for you to eat.”


Alice sat up from lying on the bed. “I’m good.”


“Do you want to watch TV or something? The guys are out so it’s all yours.”


“No thanks.”


“Are you sure there’s nothing you need?”


“I’m sure.”


Christian was getting tired of the short replies Alice was giving him. “Look, I told you I didn’t mean for any of this to happen.”


“Then let me go.”


“I can’t do that.”


“And why not? You’ll get the money either way.”


He couldn’t answer her. What would he say? That he wanted her to himself? That he didn’t want them to end this way? Like he could say any of that.


“Listen, it’s complicated. I can’t explain everything to you right now.”


“Fine. If you have nothing else to say then get out.”


Christian went to sit on the bed next to her and stared at the ground. He wasn’t sure how he was going to explain his situation. He didn’t like talking about his personal problems. But if it meant that Alice would trust him, Christian would just have to use another lie to cover up a lie.


“Listen. M-my little sister is hospitalized,” Christian took a deep breathe and went on, “I’m starting to run out of money to take care of her and myself. The doctor also said that she needs this surgery or else she’ll die. She doesn’t have long to live and she’s only 10. That’s why I decided to kidnap you to get money fast.” Christian looked up to see Alice’s reaction. Different emotions played on her face. There was shock, sadness and confusion.


Alice clenched on to the blanket. She wasn’t too sure of how to react after what Christian had told her. All she could say was, “I-I’m sorry. I didn’t know...”


“It’s fine. There’s no way you could have known.”


And then there was silence. Neither Christian nor Alice knew what to say next. Nothing else could have been said. Alice still didn't trust him.



© 2011 Celeste Park


Author's Note

Celeste Park
Please ignore any grammar problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

First off, this is a great plotline. There's a lot of stuff you could do with a basic concept like this. Also, in the last word 'know' I think you meant 'known.'

Christian is an interesting character. But he doesn't show any depth. When he was talking about his sister, he just stared at the ground. Was he trying to be brave, or trying not to cry? If he did start bawling, that would show more about his character. If he got angry about the whole thing, then that would show even more. But he just stares at the ground. Try to give him more emotion.

'Alice tried to smile politely even though he did try to rape her last night' That's an awkward sentence. How about:

Alice forced herself to smile politely, as she had been taught to do during introductions. Though an ice cold hatred ran through her body at the memory of him trying to rape her. She wanted to spit on him. Instead, she said,"Yeah...."

More words, but better description. That, my dear, is where you're lacking. Put more description! Was the McMuffin tasty, scrumtious, mouth watering? Or was it dry and crumbly? Did the room seem poor and old? Or fancy and spacious.

All in all, this is a good read. Keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I was NOT expecting that! Christian was actually the "boss" of the operation. Its amazing how you just slipped that in there! I loved it. I feel sorry for Christian's sister and Alice. Poor Alice. I can't wait to read more. Can you possibly let me know when you add a chapter.

~Skulli

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is pretty good(:
If you add on message me please(:

Posted 13 Years Ago


More please? I'm getting addicted to the story line, keeps me wanting more because each chapter kinda ends with a cliff hanger


Posted 13 Years Ago


First off, this is a great plotline. There's a lot of stuff you could do with a basic concept like this. Also, in the last word 'know' I think you meant 'known.'

Christian is an interesting character. But he doesn't show any depth. When he was talking about his sister, he just stared at the ground. Was he trying to be brave, or trying not to cry? If he did start bawling, that would show more about his character. If he got angry about the whole thing, then that would show even more. But he just stares at the ground. Try to give him more emotion.

'Alice tried to smile politely even though he did try to rape her last night' That's an awkward sentence. How about:

Alice forced herself to smile politely, as she had been taught to do during introductions. Though an ice cold hatred ran through her body at the memory of him trying to rape her. She wanted to spit on him. Instead, she said,"Yeah...."

More words, but better description. That, my dear, is where you're lacking. Put more description! Was the McMuffin tasty, scrumtious, mouth watering? Or was it dry and crumbly? Did the room seem poor and old? Or fancy and spacious.

All in all, this is a good read. Keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

765 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 6, 2010
Last Updated on February 9, 2011
Tags: Romance, Kidnap, Money


Author

Celeste Park
Celeste Park

Canada



About
All stories are on hold until I get my life back together. I am starting to blog though. Please feel free to message me with advice/comments/anything really. more..

Writing