Money & Doubts

Money & Doubts

A Chapter by Zephyr
"

Two things that can destroy....

"

Well if you are under the impression that Jim is a hunk, then you got it wrong.


He was plain ordinary but what made him stand out is his Heart.


A golden one he had.


The one that I broke into a million little pieces.

    …………………………………………………………. 

 

Jim had been in my life for a brief two years but his memories have been with me all these years.


I tried to forget. To start afresh. But every time I do so, with startling intensity, memories rush back to me.


Memories I would rather not forget………

 

The District Central Park was buzzing with people.


And everybody seemed to be happy. Except me. I just failed another interview. And we badly needed money. I was crying my heart out holding Jim close.


“I am…. so….sorry” I whispered between a deluge of sobs. “I tried…..I tried my best….you know….. And I was so close……”


“Its okay sweetie……..It’s okay……..We will find a way……We will” Jim tried his best to console me.


I was shaking violently with blood shot eyes. Jim held my face up, wiped my tears and whispered softly.


“There is always a way out. We just need to find it. Crying won’t get us anywhere.We will make it work”


Saying this he planted a warm kiss on my forehead. Somehow that oozed out all my worries.


“I have you and you are way more precious than money.” Jim said with a wink.


 These words are etched in my heart forever.

                            ……………………………………………………………………………………

 

I was never satisfied with anything. I always grumbled about how Jim failed to give me a good life. 


And all these coupled with the doubts surging through my veins, I blindly believed that Jim was living his heart out while leaving me in the dark. 


Now I scream with shame every time I think about the pain I have inflicted on Jim. He slogged and slaved just to see me smile.


Walking out of his life I made money, the one thing I didn’t have, but lost Love, the only thing I truly owned.



© 2017 Zephyr


Author's Note

Zephyr
Never let money & doubts rule you.
Please say how you feel about this

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your story conveys strong imagery and a powerful message. Great writing.
You are the only one that can make you happy.... exterior possessions and relationships that rely on other people for happiness are always temporary.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Neetha, you have a way to churn out emotions through your words.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Anjali:)
Am happy to hear your words.
I forgot to review this, though it is emotional and powerful..very well penned

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Farhan:)
Am glad you did!
Ahhhhh i love this !!
Love reading your work neetha


Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Pia;)
happy to read the review!
so much emotion and power i can feel in the story,nicely penned!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much dear:)
Always happy to read your reviews.
this story holds so much power, wonderfully written

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Rassoul:)
Glad to read the review!
this story has imparted a great learning... we need to distinguish between right and wrong at the very appropriate time...otherwise things will get slipped from your hand.. I enjoyed reading this.. great work neetha... keep it up :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much:)
Am glad you enjoyed!
This was a very good writing, it reminds me of the message I always tell anybody about this issue.

Thank you for sharing this eye opening piece.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

You are welcome:)
Happy you enjoyed!
Never let them rule....
Many spoil their relations on doubts but after the damage had done no use in sobbing....
Over all it portrayed the feeling of loss of a beloved person...I enjoyed it...:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Surya:)
Glad you enjoyed!
We realises a person's value only after we lose them...that's what you have portrayed very beautifully here. She is recollecting her memories spent with Jim and also at the same time misses his presence and realises her mistake.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Yeah you are right:)
Thank you so much Najam!
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

You're welcome.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

352 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2017
Last Updated on May 27, 2017
Tags: Money, Doubts, Love


Author

Zephyr
Zephyr

India



About
21. Seeking the calm in the chaos. more..

Writing
Blooming Life Blooming Life

A Story by Zephyr


Monsters Monsters

A Poem by Zephyr


The Visit The Visit

A Story by Zephyr



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Today Today

A Poem by Saumya


Goodbye... Goodbye...

A Poem by Zephyr


Webbed Webbed

A Poem by Saumya