Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Zack Black

Marsha starts making dinner for April, Shelly, and Raven. The girls are studying because they are going back to school the next day. Raven is sitting in the guest bedroom looking out the window before she walks back down stairs to join Marsha.
"I'll be leaving tomorrow. I feel iv'e over stayed my welcome." says Raven.
"No, never. Actually I was hoping you would stay longer. More permanently actually." says Marsha.
"I couldn't do that to you guys, after all my sister knows everything now. It won't be long until they find this place. What if they kill you three? Do you know what that would do to me?" Raven says.
"If they kill me, I'll be reunited with my husband. If they kill my girls, they'll be reunited with their father. Death isn't a fear anymore. Death is only a fear when you'll be alone." says Marsha.
"That was deep." Raven says with a chuckle.
"Now take a seat, you aren't leaving this family to be a nomad. Besides my father is coming in town today. I get nervous when he comes into town." says Marsha.
"What about your mother?" asks Raven.
"They divorced when I was young, neither one remarried. They always hated each other but knew they weren't meant for anyone else." Marsha says with a smirk.
April walks across the hall to Shelly's bedroom to talk to her about the events that happened today.
"Can we talk?" asks April.
"Depends, about what? If your asking me how to lose your virginity again, you might as well leave." says Shelly as she applies her make up in the mirror.
"What? No, no. God no. It's about today." says April as she sits on Shelly's bed.
"Okay shoot then cowboy." says Shelly.
"I saw Dad today," says April.
"Like in person?" says Shelly still applying her make up.
"I hugged him Shelly." says April.
"Have you lost your damn mind? Dad is dead April." Shelly says as she turns around to look at April.
"He passed over earlier today. He was with a woman. I didn't ask her name, but she seemed like she had to take him." says April.
"Maybe it's that magic mumbo jumbo Raven said Dad was into. If you wanna get through life you can't question everything you see. Like today for example I saw a rainbow. I didn't question why there was a rainbow, I just accepted it's beauty." says Shelly.
"But I can explain a rainbow to you. I can't explain why I saw our dead father." says April raising her voice.
"But I don't want it explained. Part of the fun of being young is being dumb. Not knowing everything. Not knowing why things are the way we are. Worrying about it turns you old." says Shelly.
A couple hours later Marsha is cleaning the kitchen, waiting for her father to come. Raven is up in the guest room when April walks up to join her.
"Raven, can I talk to you?" asks April.
"Is it about what happened today? Is it about how you saw your father again?" says Raven.
"How did you, how did you know?" asks April.
"I overheard you talking to your sister earlier." says Raven.
"He told me the only person I should have told was you, until everyone else was ready." says April.
"I understand, I can be appeared as intimidating. The first Demon's usually are, but the fact is you've probably met a few of my kind and just didn't know it." says Raven.
"What should I do?" asks April.
"Well what happened?" asks Raven.
"Everything stood still for what seemed like twenty minutes, but when I sat back down, no time had passed at all and it seemed like no one noticed any time change." says April as she starts panicking.
"Calm down, calm down. It's normal for this stuff to happen. Well not for natural humans. You've got a gift little girl." says Raven with a smile.
"A gift? Like what? I can see dead people?" says April confused.
"That's how it starts, but sadly most people with your gift don't take it any farther than that. If you practice with your powers, your powers are nearly limitless. You my dear are a psychic." explains Raven.
"So I can see dead people and see the future. How lovely, now I'm a side show freak." says April.
"Ignorance is bliss child. Don't ask so many questions, especially when you don't need the answer right now." says Raven.
"Don't give me that whole, time will reveal all bull crap." says April.
"If I had all the answers I would give you the book. Now stop being a little brat. I promise, I'll do what I can. Just like I told your father I would do." says Raven


© 2015 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on December 21, 2014
Last Updated on January 23, 2015
Tags: supernatural


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black