Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by Zack Black

It's the year 1834. September 16,1834 to be exact. Raven's new sibling is about to be born within a matter of hours. Raven is the oldest of soon to be four children. She has two younger sisters. Raven is just fourteen years old, which for a Demon is still fairly young. Raven is dressed in a white satin dress with diamond rings covering almost every finger on both hands, leaving her left ring finger open. She always told her mother she refused to wear a ring on that finger until she found a man worth her time. She may seem a little dressed up to simply be babysitting her sisters, but she is a princess. Next in line for the title Queen of Hell. A soon to be Goddess. So casual for Raven, is what seems to be a rich person's night out. Just because Raven's parents have money and rule Hell doesn't mean she is a spoiled, rich brat. Raven cares for the Demons that inhabit Hell. Raven's father is a great war commander and her mother is a fabulous care taker. Raven's parents are far too busy to care for the daily needs of the Demon people, so Raven has taken it upon herself to help them as much as she can.
Suddenly a loud scream comes from the room where Raven's mother is giving birth. She's heard that scream twice before, when her younger sisters were being born so Raven thought little of the scream. A Pagan with the special ability of childbirth walks out of the room. Raven knows the Pagan well because he had delivered both of her younger sisters. 
"Congratulations, you have a younger brother." said the Pagan.
"Really? What did they name him?" replied Raven
"Christan" Raven's father interrupted while entering the room.
A unique name for a Demon one may think. But baby Christan is a rare case. Christan is not a Demon. He was born an Angel, but of two Demon parents. 
Fast forward to the year 1901. The youngest girl has become a problem child. Getting into trouble, failing school, and on occasions running away from home. Yes, even Demon society is organized, where do you think humans got it from? Raven tried her best to steer her in the right direction but to no avail. The events of the youngest sister came to a climax one night in October. October 31,1901, to humans it is Halloween, to Angels it's a day of insecurity and fright, to the Demons and monsters it'a night to walk Earth freely without fear of persecution, but to the Pagans it is a night of recruitment. Pagans can cast spells and chants in order to change people, Angels, Demons, or anyone, into anything they want. One night Raven's youngest sister is sitting in a forest deep in Hell sleeping in a cave. A group of Pagans kidnap her and take her to their Coven, a camp just a mile or two outside the gates of Hell's kingdom into the wild and untamed part of Hell. When she awakes a Pagan tells her the spell has already been cast and that she is a Vampire. A creature that must feed on the blood from the creatures of Earth. Panicking, she begs for a way to reverse it. A woman steps forward identifying herself as the Elder, or leader, of the Coven. She introduces herself as Elder Sarah, and she is the oldest member of the Coven, putting her in charge. Elder Sarah instructs her that the only way to reverse it is to dine on the blood of her patriarch and to bring back his head. 
After thinking for a few minutes she decides that killing her father is the only option. What does it matter to her, her father is always too busy to care for her and his other children. So she sneaks back into her family's castle with a large blade that she used to survive while she was by herself. Her father rests alone in his throne, his wife already in bed. When the King sees his daughter his face light sup with joy.
"My daughter, you have returned. You have been gone many, many moons. I missed you my child." said the King.
"I missed you too Daddy" she said with a faint smile.
Her father stands and walks down to the main court to hug his prodigal daughter. Without blinking twice she swings the blade and cuts her father's head off with one clean cut. She drops to the floor and starts drinking the blood hoping to reverse the spell. She starts feeling her mouth and realizes that fangs aren't there. But she didn't remember them being there before. Just to be sure it is gone she takes her father's head and sneaks back out. The guards find the King's body fifteen minutes later during their usual rounds. 
When she gets back to the Coven she gives the head to Elder Sarah, Elder Sarah throws it in their large fire. The youngest sister passes out almost instantly and begins screaming. Her nails begin growing into claws and some of her teeth become fangs. Feeling tricked and unknown of what she has done. Elder Sarah explained to her that no one will remember her real name, and that the only way to reverse the charm would to utter her real name. Elder Sarah decided to give her the name Emerald and released her back into the world. Emerald found her way back to the castle. Raven forced her to leave before anyone could find her. 
The next morning Raven was called before the Royal Court of Hell. Made of five of Hell's most powerful Demons, in which included her parents. She knew of her father's death and was saddened like anyone would be. So with only four on the Royal Court she thought they were asking her to be on the court, but just the opposite indeed. The four members of the Royal Council voted that Raven is to be excommunicated from Hell. Even Raven's mother voted for her excommunication. They blame her for Emerald killing the King because Emerald was under Raven's supervision at the time. Devastated, Raven was given two hours to gather her belongings, say her goodbyes, and leave Hell, for what could be forever.


© 2014 Zack Black


Author's Note

Zack Black
PLEASE LEAVE ME SOME REVIEWS LET ME KNOW HOW I'M DOING!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
Added on December 16, 2014
Last Updated on December 16, 2014
Tags: supernatural


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black