Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

A Chapter by Zack Black

It is now about eight in the morning. They have yet to sleep. Raven gets a map from her cedar chest. She comes back downstairs to the kitchen and spreads it out on the table. She points to location on the map called "Hill of Hell."
"This is where she'll be waiting for us." says Raven.
"How do you know?" asks April.
"She loves it there, all the great battles have taken place there." explains Raven.
"Battles?" asks April.
"Heaven and Hell have been waging a war almost since their creation. They call it the Hill of Hell because well, the grass is red." explains Raven.
"From the bloodshed?" says Marsha.
Raven can only nod in disappointment. Raven grabs her Demon Blade and puts it on the inside of her trench coat pocket and buttons it to cover her dress. Raven grabs Robert by the rope that ties his hands and picks him up.
"You aren't going alone." says April.
"I am not putting you in danger." says Raven.
"I'm putting myself in danger. I have to learn how my powers work somehow." says April.
"Marsha, is that okay with you?" asks Raven.
"They aren't my powers to learn Raven, if she wants to learn who am I to stop her?" answers Marsha.
Raven grabs April's hand, April grabs Robert's hands that are tied by the rope, and Raven snaps her fingers and teleports them to the Hill of Hell. Just as Raven said the grass is stained red with blood. Raven touches the ground and a tear drops. She stands back up, looks at April, and nods. In the distance she sees two people standing, or at least what seems like people. At the top of the hill is Emerald and Matt waiting for Raven just as she had predicted. Raven and April grab Robert and walk him up the hill with them. When Raven and April lock eyes with Emerald and Matt the scene becomes very tense.
"Could you be any more predictable Emerald?" asks Raven.
"What? I like it here." says Emerald.
"Only a freak would like to be here." says April.
"I see Raven brought her new BFF" says Matt with a grin.
"I see my sister brought her Chihuahua, all bark and yet no bite." says Raven with a grin.
"Alright lets make this easy, give me the Pagan and we all leave unharmed." says Emerald.
"I want my knife." says Raven.
"Not your knife sweetie." says Emerald.
"I'm giving it back to the proper owner. It doesn't belong in the hand of thieves." says Raven.
"Ever heard of finders keepers?" says Matt with a snide look.
"Ever heard of not entering a battle of wits unarmed?" says April with a grin.
"Look, give me the Pagan and we all leave happily ever after." says Emerald with a smirk.
"I'm not leaving without the knife and you know it." says Raven shaking her head.
"That's a shame. Well for the knife, I want both the Pagan and the Psychic." says Emerald.
"You won't touch her!" says Raven as she wraps her had around Emerald's throat.
"Let her go!" exclaims Matt as he pulls an Angel Blade out of his belt loop and points it at Raven.
"Stop!" exclaims April.
As soon as April yells the knife in Matt's hand flies across the field. Raven and Emerald are separated by a force that throws them away from each other. Matt looks at April and charges at her. He picks April up and puts her over his shoulder and runs for his knife. He picks it up from the ground and runs to Emerald and helps her up off the ground. They start to run with April still over Matt's shoulder. Raven gets up and looks at her knee that got scratched up.
"April are you okay?" not seeing what happened said Raven.
"April?" says Raven again.
"April!" she starts yelling.


© 2014 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on December 23, 2014
Last Updated on December 24, 2014
Tags: supernatural


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black