Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

A Chapter by Zack Black

Raven glances through her closet looking for her battle uniform. She hasn't worn in it many years. It's been many years since Raven herself has seen a battlefield. Since living with Marsha, Raven hasn't thought much of her true reason for being in the house and that is to regain her composure before rejoining her army to fight The Dark Emperors. The Dark Emperors are the married couple that rules Hell currently and they are Gods of the Underworld. They are two evil rulers who took reign after Raven's mother was voted unable to continue carrying the crown only three months after Raven's father's death. The heir's to the throne went to the oldest child, Raven being the oldest, but she was was excommunicated. Emerald and Christan not being Demons automatically disqualified them. That left one sister. She was called upon by the Council for review. The Council would look at her, see her qualifications, and most importantly vote if she would become the new Goddess of Hell. The young woman's name was Christine. Christine was a strong labored, she left home after she finished school to join the wood mill. Christine was called upon by the Council, but she did something that turned out to be the biggest betrayal in the history of Hell. The soon to be Dark Emperors approached Christine with an offer. If Christine gave would give up her heir to the throne they would give her anything she wanted. Christine wanted enough money for her and her husband to retire and take care of their children. Christine took the deal, took the money, and ultimately took the final blade to her family's heir. 
The deal was signed and agreed upon. The Council voted and agreed the happily married couple soon to be known as The Dark Emperors would be the best to keep Hell at it's now peaceful glory. Raven's parents were the first Gods in Hell's history to make a peace treaty with Heaven and actually follow through with it. Feeling shame from her family Christine took in her now wheelchair bound mother. Now that their mother is no longer a Goddess all the years are slowly catching up to her and the diseases hit hard and quick. 
Raven pulls a suit of armor from the back of her closet and puts it on over her usual black dress. She takes off the black rose that symbolized her family. She walked downstairs, grabbed April's hand, and hugged Emily,Marsha,and Shelly goodbye.
"How long will you be gone?" asks Marsha crying.
"Until this is over Momma." says April with a smile as she wipes her mother's tears with her thumb.
"I want to come." says Emily speaking up from the back of the room.
"No point in me sitting here twiddling my thumbs when I could be fighting. I know this battle may have nothing to do with me, but I was a scrapper back home and I heard you are down on men. I could learn to use a bow, I'm a quick learner. Promise." says Emily.
"I would never deny anyone the right to fight." says Raven nodding.
"I'll miss you little sis." says Shelly hugging April with a smile.
"I'll kick some a*s for you." says April with a grin now wiping her sister's tears.
"Well we should get going. I want to thank you for everything Marsha." says Raven with a nod to Marsha.
"You're welcome back anytime Raven. You were there for me, now I'm here for you." says Marsha with a smile.
Raven,April, and Emily walk out the door. The travel gave them time to think. Emily thought about her family. April also thought of her family, how she could never see her mom or sister again. Raven thought of taking back what rightly belonged to her family. After Raven,April, and Emily get a ways into the forest away from anywhere people could be to see them they find an old shack. They all walk inside with candles set up in a circle. Raven looks at Emily and April,nods, and walks inside the circle. One by one Raven lights the candles in the circle. When she lights the last candle, a ring of light forms above them and transports them to a room April and Emily have never seen. 
"Where are we?" asks April.
"This is home base. Where for the past number of years we've been forced to stay. An old abandoned jail from when my parents were in power." says Raven.
"Where is everyone?" asks Emily.
"They stay in hiding until time of war. Once I raise the flag, they'll be back." explains Raven as she begins raising the flag.
Just as Raven said five demons came within the hour. More after them, and a few more after that. About fifteen Demons enter the jail.
"This is it?" asks Raven with a concerned face.
"My lady, it's great to see you again but many aren't coming back. They've lost faith in the cause." says a man stepping forward.
"What's your name?" asks Raven.
"My name is Rick, this is my wife Maven." says Rick pointing to the lady behind him.
"I am a great archer and a good teacher. I could teach anyone to use the bow with the supplies." says Maven.
"How many of you are good with a bow?" asks Raven as she watches four people raise their hands. 
"Okay, Emily you'll be on the bow." says Raven grabbing another bow and giving it to Emily. 
"So if we have five on bows that leaves us three and ten soldiers to fight up front." says Raven.
"Who is this girl?" asks Maven.
"She's on of the Forgotten Five, are you dumb?" says one of the men in the back.
"She is indeed, and our new weapon that could win us this war. We take a few battle wins here and there and we have this thing." says Raven.
"Where do we start?" asks Rick.
"There's a small barrack camp right outside the walls. Tomorrow I'm meeting The Dark Emperors. You guys will attack, get some much needed supplies and take it over. Understand?" says Raven as everyone nods.
The door opens and everyone turns and draws their swords preparing for a sneak attack, but who turned the corner was the last people they expected.
"Miss me?" says Emerald with a smile.
"What do you want?" asks Raven.
"We came to help." says Matt.
"No really." says April.
"We don't want them in power either, and since the Pagans aren't willing to step in to stop them and frankly you, I guess we have to cut our losses and let the girl live." says Emerald.
"I don't understand." says Emily.
"You've got two new soldiers. Take us or leave us, up to you."says Matt.
"Add two more to that." says Christine as she and her husband walk in the door around the corner.


© 2015 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
Added on January 6, 2015
Last Updated on January 6, 2015
Tags: supernatural, angel, demon


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black