Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

A Chapter by Zack Black

Raven is walking through the parking lot of the warehouse carrying April in her arms. April's body doesn't move. Her body is nearly lifeless, but Raven still stops every few steps to make sure her heart is still beating. Raven just keeps going, stopping to check on April, and then continues to go. Raven turns down an alley way to avoid as much public view as possible. She is too scared to teleport her and April because it may drain too much of hr energy and kill her. Sitting in the alley is a woman who looks almost as scared and confused as Raven. The woman appears about twenty-four years old, her long brown hair is a pony tail that hangs down her back just past her shoulder blades. She is wearing white Capri pants and a golden belly shirt.
"Can you help me ma'am? I'm lost, this doesn't look like the place I last fell to sleep." says the woman.
"Where are you from? You speak in broken English, it must be far." says Raven in concern.
"Cairo, it's a small town in the center of a country named Egypt. The Pharaoh's  name is Cleopatra." says the woman with a concerned face.
"Follow me, I'll take you somewhere safe. I promise." says Raven as she nods for the woman to follow her and keeps moving.
Emerald opens her eyes, still laying on the floor of the warehouse. She feels her head and the blood has dried. She can't tell how long she had been knocked out, but knew it had to of at least been a few hours. As Emerald stands she sees Matt standing on the other side of the room.
"No bother to get up, we lost. Just a matter of time before the Angels are here to kill us too." says Matt.
"What do you mean, us too?" says Emerald.
"I didn't see it but Robert was with that little brat April. I think she found his book from the shelf and burnt it." says Matt.
"Well we can bring him back to life right?" says Emerald beginning to cry.
"Emerald, he's ashes. We would have to have every ash. He's been here for hours, the windows are open. More than likely some have blown away. Then we would have to find someone who could do it. It was his time Emerald." says Matt.
"He was thirty-four. Thirty-four Matt. He never got to have a girlfriend, a wife, kids, anything. He never got to have a life because of us." says Emerald still crying.
"He could have left anytime. We didn't force hint to stay with us." says Matt.
"So what do we do?" asks Emerald as she wipes her tears.
"I'm gonna gather what ashes I can and were going to take him back to his Coven." says Matt.
"They kicked him out, they don't want him." says Emerald.
"But we know something Elder Sarah doesn't know." says Matt with a grin.
"The location of the last known Psychic." says Emerald with a smile.
Raven, still carrying April, and the mysterious woman make it to Marsha's house. Raven tells the woman to knock on the door. The woman starts pounding on the door.
"Can I help you?" says Marsha opening the door slightly annoyed at the pounding.
"I'm sorry." says Raven as she starts crying holding April in her arms.
"April, April, can you hear me?" says Marsha as she drops to her knees at the door.
"I'll make space" says Shelly in the kitchen as she clears off the whole kitchen table and notions for Raven to lay April there.
"What happened?" says the woman.
"I wish I knew, I was in my own struggle." says Raven with tears falling down her face to the floor.
"Your sister?" asks Marsha.
"Sadly." says Raven trying to stop the tears. 
"I was double-crossed by that stupid Pagan." says Raven
"Not to really interrupt, but my name is Emily, and I'm a Genie, or a Djinn, whatever you may know my kind as. Now I understand this may come as a shock but I promise I'm real." says the mysterious woman who calls herself Emily.
"Oh my God it makes sense now. You said you're from Egypt. You said the Pharaoh was Cleopatra. It makes sense, you're a Genie!" says Raven who begins to smile.
"So we just make a wish and you do it?" asks Marsha.
"That's not how it works. It's kinda like making a deal with a demon, except I don't take souls and you don't go to Hell in ten years. How do you guys know about this stuff. asks Emily.
"My husband was an Angel." says Marsha.
"I'm a Demon." says Raven.
"So basically we make a deal, you offer me something." says Emily.
"Well what do you want? Money?" asks Marsha.
"I have no need for money" says Emily.
"Jewelry? " asks Raven.
"All I wear are my ruby earrings." says Emily.
"What I really want is to go home to see my Queen. See my people, my family, my son." says Emily.
"Do you know what year it is?" asks Raven.
"I do not, I was put in my bottle to save me. My parents said they would open my bottle when it was safe." says Emily.
"It's the year 2014. Your people are long dead honey." says Raven.
"But we can be your friends." says Marsha.
"Promise?" asks Emily as she starts to cry.
"I promise." says Marsha nodding.
"Then i'll save her." Emily says with a smile.
Emily walks over to April's nearly lifeless body that lies on the table. Emily waves her hand in front of April's face and then snaps. April sits straight up and gasps trying to breath. Emily puts her hand on April's forehead. Emily's eyes turn gold and a purple mist flows from Emily's mouth into April's. April falls back onto the table.
"Think of it as hibernating. I'm letting her body restore itself." says Emily.
"I wanna thank you, but I want to talk to you, about who you are." says Raven with a mysterious look.


© 2014 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on December 28, 2014
Last Updated on December 28, 2014
Tags: supernatural, angel, demon


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black