Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

A Chapter by Zack Black

April is awoken the next morning by Ace's voice. April sits up in the bed and looks around the room. This is the first time she's been away from home longer than that week she spent at summer camp when she was twelve. 
"Sorry to scare you if I did but Aldemar is ready for you and Brandon." says Ace standing in the doorway.
"Brandon?" asks April.
"The other Psychic." says Ace.
"How long has he been here?" asks April.
"I'm not sure, I left a year ago when you appeared on our radar. So sometime before yesterday and after a year ago." explains Ace.
"You've been looking for me, for a year?" asks April.
"Yes, it's my sworn duty to Aldemar and my family to assist Aldemar in finding and assembling the Forgotten Five." explains Ace.
"Let me get dressed and I'll be out." says April as she stands up from the bed.
"Very well, we will be in the courtyard." says Ace as he walks away.
April gets dressed and brushes her hair for the first time in days. She puts her long hair into a ponytail like she usually does. She takes a deep breath in and slowly lets it out. She wipes her eyes because she starts to cry thinking about how her life is about to change forever. How could a simple teenage girl from Ohio have an Angel for a father, become best friends with a Demon and a Genie, and find out that she is a Psychic, making her one of the most important people in any of the worlds. All eyes could be on her in a matter of months. She could change the way everything runs. If she helps Raven over throw the Dark Emperors, Hell will finally have a leader interested in being peaceful with Heaven again instead of hostile like most of the rulers. 
April makes her way to the courtyard. It's a simple place. A ground of dirt like everywhere else. The courtyard is surround by a gated fence with a fountain and a bench sitting right in the center. Ace and Aldemar are sitting on the bench, while another man who April assumes is Brandon is standing in front of them. April walks over to them nervously and introduces herself to Brandon and he introduces himself to April.
"Now that we all know each other, let's begin." says Aldemar as he stands up from the bench.
"Usual first test sir?" asks Brandon.
"Yes Brandon." says Aldemar.
"Brandon, you're first so be ready." says Ace as he stands and draws his bow back with an arrow in it.
"What are you doing?" asks April in panic.
"Quiet yourself child." says Aldemar sternly to April.
"I'm ready" says Brandon who is now about fifteen yards away from Ace.
"Fire!" yells Aldemar as Ace shoots the arrow upon command straight toward Brandon as April watches in panic.
In April's eyes the arrow seemed to be going in slow motion, but the arrow shot at Brandon just as fast as physics would allow it. As it approaches Brandon he sticks up his right hand palm facing the arrow. The arrow makes a dead stop just as the point gets as close as it can to his hand without touching it. Brandon waves hand and the arrow turns to face up at the sky and shoots as if it just came from a bow. April looks on in amazement at what she just witnessed. As if she wouldn't believe it had she not just seen it. Just as soon as April thought she had seen it all the arrow come back and lands back in Ace's quiver. 
"How did you do that?" asks April in amazement.
"I've been training for well over six months. I still struggle at some things but telekinesis came easy to me." says Brandon.
"Psychic's posses five basic powers. Each member of the Forgotten Five specialize in one of the five arts." says Aldemar.
"That way you can all help each other when I cannot." Aldemar continues.
"How do I know what I'm good at?" asks April.
"You train in the five arts obviously." says Aldemar.
"You're not gonna shoot an arrow at me are you?" asks April.
"Not yet, we start simple. You move little things." explains Aldemar.
"A true Psychic will fail the four other tests until they finally pass the one." says Ace.
"So I know I'm not going to be good at telekinesis." says April.
"Correct." says Aldemar.
"So what are the five arts of a Psychic?" asks April.
"Telekinesis,Telepathy, Exorcising and Soul Trapping, Mediumship, and Healing." says Aldemar.
"Exorcising and Soul Trapping?" says April in concern.
"You can remove a soul from a body and capture it in something else." says Aldemar.
"Like how a Genie rests in a bottle." explains Ace.
"What about Mediumship? What's that?" asks April.
"Speaking with the dead." explains Aldemar.
"Anyone?" asks April.
"They have to be willing to communicate. Most of the dead wishing to communicate will find Psychics." explains Aldemar.
"I've talked to the dead before." says April.
"How?" asks Ace.
"Raven's dad used my powers to talk to her. Raven said it was because of my gift, but she didn't know the exact reasons." says April.
"Well that saves us from having to run through the tests." says Ace.
"You can begin practice tomorrow with your abilities." says Aldemar.


© 2015 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on January 11, 2015
Last Updated on January 11, 2015
Tags: supernatural, angel, demon


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black