12

12

A Chapter by Declan Gleason

12


They really should’ve thought it out more, Spencer thought.  It wasn’t as if the Adican would just ignore an unauthorized launch.  Spencer watched as the ship left the atmosphere, then sirens blared across the entire complex.

“Ah, crap,” Colby said as he raised a side arm up.

“No fair,” Jensen said “I want one.”

“Took it off Adlis’s body,"  Colby said,  "let’s move.”

They snuck out of the tent and crept slowly along the wall.  Adrenaline pumped through Spencer’s body as the red lights danced all around him and he could hear sounds of Adican soldiers running.

They came to the entrance to one of the buildings and Colby put his hand on the door.  He nodded at Spencer and Spencer nodded back.  Colby pushed open the door gun raised and dropped the two Adican inside with rapid succession before they even knew what hit them.

“Sorry to interrupt.” Jensen said.  “But do you guys have any idea where we’re going?”

“Dude, we’re making this up as we go.” Spencer said as he threw one of the guards guns to Jensen, picked up the other one and threw his smaller weapon to Grace.

Grace turned the weapon over and over inspecting it before  turning off the safety and placing it in her hand.

“Let’s move to the computer we were using earlier.”  Grace said.  “If we can access it we might be able to find launch codes to another ship.  It’s our best chance.”

Spencer nodded “Let’s go!”

They moved through the back door and headed towards the main complex avoiding guards as they went.

The group finally arrived in the main building and went in guns raised to find the place unguarded.

Spencer rushed to one of the consoles and plugged in the thumb drive and after powering up a message flashed on the screen.

System Compromised

Information in enemy hands.

Scanning environment 3... 2... 1...

Enemy discovered

Location notified.


“What the hell is-,” Spencer began but was cut off by the back door crashing open.  A group of armed Adican’s poured through.

“There they are!” one of the guards shouted.  “Take them down”

Spencer followed his group out the back door just as he heard bullets let loose behind him where he was just standing.

“We can’t stay out in the open!” Spencer shouted.

“There!” Colby shouted pointing to a small building near the outskirts of the complex.

The group quickly ran inside and an Adican inside grew wide-eyed as they entered but Colby quickly used the momentum from his running to leap into the air and connect the heel of his shoe with the Adican’s neck knocking him out.

“This is the end” Grace said matter-of-factly.

“No, not yet” Spencer said.  “We’ll think of something.”

Another Adican entered the building and Spencer quickly fired and dropped him.

“We can’t survive here forever!”  Colby shouted.

Suddenly outside a very powerful wind formed all of a sudden, but no one knew what from.  A thin smoke filled the room and he felt very tired and lay down on the ground.

Spencer thought he heard bullets but didn’t know why.  A dark figure walked towards him and Spencer knew this was it.  He tried raising his gun but couldn’t even lift it an inch off the ground.

It was going to end one way or another. Spencer thought and went to sleep for what he thought was the last time.



© 2016 Declan Gleason


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016


Author

Declan Gleason
Declan Gleason

Sandy, UT



About
I always liked writing and have recently gotten into writing actual novels. I am currently in high school but I think I can write as effectively as anyone else. I hope to get feedback on some of my .. more..

Writing