19

19

A Chapter by Declan Gleason

19


Spencer, Colby, Jensen, Grace, Lily and Rilfor all stood inside a hidden doorway that led to the military base.

“First things first.”  Rilfor said,  “We should get to the control room and disable the ship's heading for Earth.  After that we’ll steal a ship and use it to escape as well as try to blow up the munitions building that will consume most of the base.”

“How do we get to the control room?” Grace asked.

“We’ll split into two groups.”  Rilfor said,  “Colby, Spencer and I will sneak into the control room.  Jensen, Grace, and Lily, you’ve stolen a ship before you can do it again.  Once you have control of the ship prepare it for launch.  Once we give you the thumbs up tell the computer to fly parallel to the tower.  The location should be built into the computer and only require the push of a button.  We’ll board the ship from the tower.”

“All right” Jensen said. “Let’s go.”

The group climbed to ground level and peaked out to find no guards by the entrance.

“Good luck” Spencer said to Jensen as they went their separate ways.

Spencer, Colby, and Rilfor crept towards the tower to find two guards at the entrance.  The group formed a plan.

Rilfor stepped out from the shadows and greeted the guards.

“Hello,”  Rilfor said.

The guards turned to reply and gave Spencer and Colby a chance.  They each took a knife they had gotten from Rilfor and jumped onto the Adicans backs and covered his mouths as they, in unison, implanted the knife into the back of the Adican's neck killing them instantly with little sound.

“Good job Rilfor said.”

“No problem” Spencer replied as they helped hide the bodies behind the door.

They then crept up the stairs to find a single Adican working at a computer.  Rilfor walked towards him, grabbed his head and slammed it into the table knocking him out.

“Here we go” Rilfor said as he sat at the computer and began searching.

Colby and Spencer waited anxiously as they guarded the door with guns looted from the two guards bodies.

“Here we go.” Rilfor said after five minutes.

Spencer looked behind him to see Rilfor clicking the code ZX-26I and then clicking disable.

Spencer ran to the window to see Jensen in the cockpit of a ship and gave him a thumbs up.

Jensen’s ship began flying upward towards them and soon after bullets began flying towards it.  The ship grew parallel with the window in front of them and the airlock door opened towards them.

Rilfor fired several bullets at the window shattering it and ushered Spencer and Colby out onto the ship with Rilfor close behind.

“Spencer!” Rilfor shouted.  “Go left and man the turret.  Fire as many shots as you can at the munitions building.”

Spencer took off and sat in a chair with a joystick and button in front with a turret outside the window.  He quickly moved the joystick and aimed at the building and fired.  Nothing.  He tried again.  Nothing.  The ship was taking heavy damage so he tried one last shot and.

Boom! The building exploded with a force larger than Spencer had ever seen.  The munitions building exploded outward consuming the entire base in a huge ball of fire and smoke destroying everything in its path.

Spencer shook his fist in the air in triumph of the destruction he caused and went up into the cockpit.

“Nice job!” Rilfor told Spencer. “They won’t be able to follow us now!  Let’s get out of here.”

“Where are we going?” Grace asked.

“I got a message from some Rapirians who managed to escape.  We’re going somewhere safe.” and with that Rilfor punched the drive and they sped off into the stars.

Spencer stepped out onto a small moon far away from the violence that had plagued him through his journey amongst the Adican and Rapirian.  He and his friends walked out with Rilfor where Adican and Rapirian soldiers and civilians who disagreed with the Empress’s cause were finishing setting up a temporary camp where they would stay until they could somehow build a true place to live.

Spencer walked out and everyone stood and saluted him and then went back to work.  Spencer was now the leader of this insurgency and he knew it.  It was only a handful of soldiers and people but it would have to do for now.

It didn’t matter what anyone believed.  Spencer knew this was far from over.  If they didn’t do something first the Adican would hunt them down and end the rebellion.  Spencer knew it would be hard, but freedom is worth the price.  Together, this group of rebels would slowly rebuild and train.  Together, they would eventually liberate this universe of the horrendous Adican Empire from this universe.  Together, They’d make history.




© 2016 Declan Gleason


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016


Author

Declan Gleason
Declan Gleason

Sandy, UT



About
I always liked writing and have recently gotten into writing actual novels. I am currently in high school but I think I can write as effectively as anyone else. I hope to get feedback on some of my .. more..

Writing