13

13

A Chapter by Declan Gleason

13


When Spencer woke up he was surprised.  He was in a normal sized bed in a white room with gold streaks lacing the walls.

It took Spencer to realize he was, actually, alive as in not dead. He got out of the bed and actually cheered which brought someone in.

“I heard screaming, are you alright?” Spencer turned towards another alien but this time not Adican, a humanoid figure stood at the door way although his skin was dark gray with a gold hint and a much more angular face than a human, almost like a wolf or an alligator but still somewhat human.

“I’m fine”  Spencer said.  “Where am I?”

“You’re on a ship owned by the Rapirian Republic.” The alien said.  “We saved you from the Adican base.  Sorry about the smoke but we didn’t want you to try shooting us.”

“No worries, but what does your republic have to do with the Adican’s war?”  Spencer asked

“The Adican have become ruthless, attacking many races to take their land."  The alien said,  "They don't seem to have any motive other than expanding their empire.  We got caught up in this when they attacked your planet because there’s an interplanetary treaty stating that great nations such as us or the Adican are to refrain from targeting races such as yours that wouldn’t be able to fend for themselves against their power.  With your help we will Liberate the Adican Empire and save your planet in the process.  Your friends are in the main area which is at the end of the hallway outside”

“Thanks” Said Spencer as he walked past the Rapirian towards the hallway and to the main area where he would find his friends.

He found his friends at a table each eating a bowl of cereal.  Jensen was able to point him towards where he could get one of his own and after quickly pouring a bowl he walked back to the table and sat down between Grace and Jensen.

“Hey,” Jensen said as Spencer sat down “Can you believe we’re alive.  Not just that but what are we doing here?”

Spencer chuckled and told them about his morning and what he learned from the Rapirian.

“Destroy those Adican scumbags?” Colby asked, “I’m in.  Let’s save the universe, stop the Adican, and get our home back all at the same time.”

Spencer laughed and a Rapirian in a red uniform, who informed them his name was Rojan, and he would be their personal guide once they landed told them they would be arriving in about 2 hours.

10 minutes later however Rojan came back and told them that an Adican ship had been spotted nearby and this was their chance to show their skills.

Rojan led them to a conference room with a Rapirian in a blue uniform.

“Hello” the Rapirian said.

“Uh, hi” Spencer said.

“We are approaching the large Adican battleship now.” the Rapirian told them.  “Here I will tell you your plans as well as give you your equipment and supplies.”

“Wait a second.”  Lily said.  “You want us to go into that ship?”

“Uh, yes” the Rapirian said “Moving on, you each will be given several plantable bombs that can be discharged from a distance.  You will also be given a standard Rapirian side arm although try to just stay out out sight and refrain from using it.  If you set it off the Adican may be alerted and jeopardize this entire mission.”  He brought out a map and lay it on the table.  “This is what a standard Adican battleship looks like as far as we know.  This one may be different but it gives you an Idea.  You will all split up and plant the bombs in strategic locations around the ship.  Let’s see, Lily” the Adican pointed to Lily and they were shocked he knew their names.  “You take the right wing. Grace, left.  Uh, Colby go for the generator near the center.  Jensen, engine room and Spencer you get the cockpit up at the front.”

They nodded and the Rapirian handed each of them a space suit and their equipment and were told to suit up.

Spencer walked to the room he woke up in and closed and locked the door.

He lay the suit that had been given to him out on the bed and examined it.

Out on the bed lay a red sort of Space suit with a helmet that locked into the suit.  On the top left of the uniform and side of the helmet was a golden falcon with its wings spread and the writing RAPIRIAN under it.  Next to the uniform lay a holster that strapped onto the suit that contained a red and gold sidearm with a short barrel and several magazines filled with a green substance rather than bullets.  The final item was a backpack filled with three bombs and wires for setting them up.

Spencer quickly slipped the suit on, which surprisingly fit him, then attatched the holster to the suit, slipped on the backpack, grabbed the helmet and walked out of the hallway.

Spencer was soon joined in the same area they’d eaten breakfast by his friends who were all wearing similar suits.

A few minutes later Rojan met them and led them down a hallway to a part of the ship Spencer hadn’t seen before.  He opened a hatch with a passcode that led to what looked like a small ship.

“I will take you in this smaller ship to the Adican ship.” Rojan informed them.  “Once we are in put on your helmets on.  I can quietly land the small ship on the flat top of the ship but the top is too thick to cut through.”  He pulled out some sort of blow torch and handed it to Jensen.  “You’ll need to maneuver to the bottom of the ship and cut through the thinner layer with this device.  Assuming the Adican have their shields up you should be able to cut open the hull without creating a vacuum.  Once inside split up and activate your bombs.  Once inside you’ll have seven minutes max to set all the bombs and get back to the top of the ship where I will pick you up.  If we wait any longer than that, the battleships will register the planted bombs and disarm them.”

Everyone nodded.

“Let’s go then!” Rojan said.

Everyone clambered inside and sat down.  Rojan went to the pilot’s seat and closed the door.  A few minutes later the engines powered up quietly and they pushed off from the larger ship.

Spencer lifted his helmet and put it on over his head and it clicked and locked automatically.  Spencer was nervous.  Not about the mission but about being in space without a spaceship.  Even though he had been off of Earth for many days he hadn’t been in a no gravity environment.

Spencer looked out the window and and saw the large Adican ship similar to the one they had ridden in when Rilfor ‘rescued’ them.

“Docking now!” Rojan said. as he locked down the cockpit’s door. “Releasing air pressure.”

Spencer began to feel the feeling of floating as the gravity and oxygen in the cabin was released.  He felt the ship land softly and then watched as the door opened to the large gray that was the Adican ship.  He took a deep breath and nodded at Jensen who nodded back.

Here we go Spencer thought as he slowly pushed out of the small space-craft.



© 2016 Declan Gleason


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016


Author

Declan Gleason
Declan Gleason

Sandy, UT



About
I always liked writing and have recently gotten into writing actual novels. I am currently in high school but I think I can write as effectively as anyone else. I hope to get feedback on some of my .. more..

Writing