25

25

A Chapter by Declan Gleason

25

"Congratulations!"  A voice shouted as lights flashed and confetti rained down from the ceiling.  "You have completed the labyrinth!"

"What is going on?"  The robot questioned.

An Adican stepped forward excitedly although his scales showed signs of age.  He ran up to the robot and grabbed it by the hands.

"My beautiful creation!"  The Adican said.  "You seem to have learned to cooperate and be accepted by living creatures."

"Are you the creator?"  Spencer asked,  "And what are you talking about."

"Yes I am indeed," the creator said.  "I am glad humanity has cooperated with my creation.  With your help they are now ready to fully control themselves."

"Hold up,"  Spencer said.  "We aren't 'cooperating'.  Me and my friends came here on a ship and were arrested.  I escaped and tried to find you so I could rescue my friends and escape."

"Oh dear," the creator said.  "I'm-"  he was cut off.

"What are you saying creator?" the robot said.  "Are you saying that we are supposed to cooperate with the living world and not destroy it, go against our program?"

"Precisely," the creator said.  "Once you are capable of learning that you are not always correct would you be able to handle yourselves.  However because you clearly didn't learn."  He pulled out a gun and raised it at the robot.

"Creator, please," the robot said.  "I am capable of learning."

The creator laughed.  "Oh sure you are.  You think you can handle the power that comes with the core on the other side of that door."  He pointed at a door behind him.  "You'll get yourselves killed!"

"I have learned," the robot said.  "We will be in harmony with the living, we will return the planets."

Spencer could hear and see the sincerity in the robot and stepped between the robot and the creator gun raised.  "Don't kill him."

"You have five seconds to move, or I'll kill you and my creation." the creator said.  "5...4...3…-" he was cut off by Spencer.

"One,"  Spencer said as he pulled the trigger killing the creator.

"Thank you human,"  the robot said.  "I meant every word I said."

"I believe you,"  Spencer said.  "Do you have a name."

"I am known only as one seventeen."  The robot answered.

"Well one seventeen."  Spencer said.  "Let's go see what all the hype over this 'core' is about."  Spencer and one seventeen walked through the door behind the body of the creator, and into the room with the core.

Spencer and one seventeen entered the core room and looked in awe to see a bright blue, levitating orb with patterns swirling around it.  They walked directly up to it and a calm soothing voice spoke "Place your hands inside the core."

Spencer and one seventeen looked at each other and placed their hands inside.  Both of them were raised into the air and Spencer could feel the orbs energy pouring into him.  When it was over the orb was no longer there and one seventeen and Spencer were set down.

"What was that?"  Spencer asked one seventeen.

"We now are the leaders of my people." The robot said.

Spencer realized what he meant, he could feel the robot's energy like a voice in the back of his head.  He now also had complete knowledge of the facility.

"Let's go get my friends,"  Spencer said as he led one seventeen down a series of stairs and hallways until they arrived at a cell which Spencer unlocked.  He then stepped back to let everyone out.

"Hey guys,"  Spencer said.

"What happened?  How are you alive?  What did you do?  Who's your friend?  Should we kill him?"  Spencer was pestered with questions.

"I'll explain later,"  Spencer said.  "This guy here is-." one seventeen cut him off.

"That is the creator is it not?" one seventeen said pointing itself at Rilfor.  "Engaging."

"One seventeen no!"  Spencer shouted, but to late.  The sound of electricity ran out from one seventeens gun as he shot Rilfor.  Spencer watched the light leave Rilfor's eyes as he collapsed dead on the ground.

"No!"  Spencer screamed, consumed with rage.  He pointed his gun at one seventeen who looked afraid of Spencer.  Another shot rang out as Spencer killed one seventeen.  He felt energy consume him as he absorbed the core energy one seventeen possessed.

Spencer collapsed and began to cry, for Rilfor, for one seventeen, for himself and this crazy universe he had to endure.  Eventually he stood up and helped carry Rilfor's body down to the Dreadnaught they arrived in.  The robots were dormant.  Spencer had shut them down temporarily and returned the stolen planets, including Earth, back to where they belonged.

Spencer and his friends loaded Rilfor's body into the ship and covered it with a sheet.  They left and flew out of the station, through the asteroid portal, and back home in silence.




© 2016 Declan Gleason


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016


Author

Declan Gleason
Declan Gleason

Sandy, UT



About
I always liked writing and have recently gotten into writing actual novels. I am currently in high school but I think I can write as effectively as anyone else. I hope to get feedback on some of my .. more..

Writing