Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
14

14

A Chapter by Declan Gleason

14


Adican Homeworld

Rilfor stood before the Empress of his empire that he had sworn to protect.

“You let them get away!” The Empress screamed at him.  “You told me they had agreed to help us win this war.”

“Please,” Rilfor begged “Just let me go after them I’ll find them.  I thought they had agreed to fight for us.”

“Please,” the Empress said annoyed “We don’t even know who took them.”

“We have reason to believe a Rapirian vessel infiltrated the camp.”  Rilfor replied.

“How can you be sure?”  the Empress asked “As far as we know no one survived.”

“True” said Rilfor.  “But I went up this morning and found a shard of golden plate.  I identified it and am almost certain it belongs to the Second Lieutenant on the craft.”

“You may be right,” the Empress responded.  “If you are they will be heading for the capitol of their empire.  Get a team, together and be off this planet in two hours.”

“Yes ma’am!” Rilfor saluted and walked out of the building.


.     .     .


Adican Battleship, Outside Space


Spencer had pushed away from the ship and grabbed a handle on the side.  The ship had handles covering the ship for the obvious purpose of making repairs.

Spencer was still nervous about being in 0-gravity and made his way down very slowly with his friends close behind him.

After what seemed like an eternity they reached the bottom.  Spencer tried to shout to Jensen to cut through but nothing came out as there’s no sound in space.

Instead Spencer waved Jensen over and Jensen nodded.  He pulled out the device Rojan had given him, turned it on, and began to cut a circle in the ship’s hull.  Everyone waited silently until Jensen finished and pushed up the metal.  Fortunately Rojan had been correct and the shields were up.  Jensen climbed inside first with Lily behind him followed by Colby and Grace with Spencer taking up the rear.

Inside the ship Spencer almost threw up as he once again as he witnessed all the endless glossy black that stretched throughout the ship.

They split up and Spencer began to head north towards the cockpit of the ship.  Spencer avoided guards the entire journey towards the cockpit and then quickly snuck inside.

Inside the cockpit two Adican sat in chairs facing away from Spencer.  Spencer decided to plant the bombs without taking out the guards to try and make no noise. He quickly began setting the bombs and had just finished the third bomb when one of the guards turned around and saw Spencer.

“You!”  the guard shouted, “What do you think you’re doing!”

Spencer quickly grabbed a knife from his utility belt and threw it at the guard nailing him in the shoulder.  The guard collapsed and his partner tried to reach him but then turned to the threat, Spencer.

The remaining guard stared at Spencer for a second and then lunged towards him and missed.  Spencer began to take off down the hall and shortly after could hear the clicking of the Adican’s metal legs following behind him.

Spencer heard the clicking of some buttons and then heard sirens blare all around him.  He ran down the hall turned a corner and ducked behind a garbage can.  The Adican turned down the hallway and then slowed searching for Spencer.

Quickly to avoid death, Spencer loaded the sidearm the Rapirian had given him and stood up gun raised.

“Drop your weapon!”  Spencer shouted.

The Adican turned and saw Spencer with a gun pointed straight at him and dropped his rifle.

“Turn off the alarm!” Spencer shouted again.

The Adican quickly nodded and hit some buttons on his wrist pad and the sirens ceased to flash.

“C-can I g-go now?”  The Adican asked

Spencer was about to let him go but he knew they couldn’t be detected so despite the Adicans efforts, Spencer raised the gun and fired.  A green light flashed and the Adican then lay dead, spazzing out from nervous reflexes.

Spencer stepped over the Adican and picked up his rifle figuring if the Adican knew they were here it would come in handy.  He checked his watch, he had three and a half minutes left.

Spencer began to run to the spot where they would exit the ship firing wildly at any Adican who dared to come near him.  He arrived at the spot and met everyone.

“Let’s go!”  Colby said

Spencer nodded and then looked around and said “Wait where’s Grace”

“I don’t know, but-”  Colby began but Spencer was already racing down hallways towards the left wing.  He checked his watch to see that he had two minutes.

Spencer arrived at a door with two Adican guards who began to raise their weapons but Spencer was flat out sprinting and used his momentum to jump and kick one of the Adican to the ground.  The other guard began firing and just missed Spencer who quickly let loose a stream of bullets killing the him.

The other Adican began to get up but Spencer quickly turned towards him, pointed his rifle straight at the Adican’s face and pulled the trigger.

Spencer quickly jumped into the room to see an injured Adican crawling towards Grace with a knife. Grace was cradling a wound in her stomach and attempting to back away.  The Adican rose up about to bring the knife down but Spencer, who had now regained his train of thought, quickly fired the last few bullets in the rifle, dropped it, and ran over to grace.  He quickly ripped a piece of the Adican’s uniform off and tied it around her wound.

“Come on,”  Spencer said as he put on his helmet and helped Grace put on hers.  He then helped her up and put one of his arms over his shoulder and together they began a slow walk towards the exit.

Spencer checked his watch to find they had 53 seconds.  None the less Spencer and Grace still walked while Spencer counted down the seconds.

They reached the exit with 20 seconds left and Spencer jumped out and grabbed a handle with one hand and held onto Grace with the other.

Careful not to hurt Grace while dragging her along Spencer climbed to the top and was able to wave to the ship to open the doors just in time before it took off.

Spencer picked up Grace and put her over his shoulder and walked into the small ship who closed its doors and took off back towards the Rapirian ship.



© 2016 Declan Gleason


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016


Author

Declan Gleason
Declan Gleason

Sandy, UT



About
I always liked writing and have recently gotten into writing actual novels. I am currently in high school but I think I can write as effectively as anyone else. I hope to get feedback on some of my .. more..

Writing