32

32

A Chapter by Declan Gleason

32


They arrived in orbit at one of the other planets The Silver Company had liberated and Spencer and Helena boarded the ship that the counsel would be meeting on.  

Inside, Spencer desperately looked for Grace until, he found her!  He looked at her beautiful eyes, and long wavy hair and ran towards her.  Grace ran towards Spencer and they met in the middle.  Spencer embraced her and passionately kissed her on the mouth.

"Hey handsome,"  Grace said.  "Nice to know you're still alive."

"You too!"  Spencer said.  "Grace, I-I missed you, I was so worried."

"I'm here now,"  Grace said as she kissed him quickly.  "Now let's go to this meeting."

All seven council members were at the meeting.  Aeliana was the first to speak.  "We've captured the three planets.  It's time to take this fight to the Adican homeworld, to the Empress."

"We need a new strategy,"  Kat said,  "The three Adican planets are too closely aligned.  We can't attack one of the worlds without the other two attacking us.  We'd have to engage all three planets at the same time to win this war, and frankly it's impossible, there al to heavily armed.  We'd need something like another army to stall two planet's while we engage the homeworld and the empress."

Another Army.  Spencer thought and he thought of something.  The robots.  The voice in the back of his head.

"We have another army,"  Spencer said.

"Pardon me?"  Kat asked,  "What do you mean."

"You remember the robots yes?"  Spencer responded.  "The ones we found in the portal through the asteroid."

"Yes I remember them."  Kat said.  "but how does that help us?"

"I shut them all down after Rilfor died,"  Spencer responded to Kat.  "I'm not sure how it works, but I can sort of, control them.  They could engage the two other planets and help us with the home world if  I can get them over here."

"Well get them over here then!"  Rojan said.  "Quickly!"

"Alright,  I'll try."  Spencer said and concentrated on the small voice in his head.  He focused on it and thought one word, come.  The voice seemed to roar to life and he could almost feel the massive amount of robots powering up and coming towards him.  "I think their coming."

Everyone remained silent as Spencer walked to one of the windows and peered outside, looking for any sign of the robots.  Suddenly, a few stars in the distance began to disappear.  Spencer was confused at first, then shouted excitedly as he realized it was the sleek, navy blue armada, of the robots.  Spencer told the robots to hold their position as the other council members gathered around the windows to witness the robots firsthand.

"Well,"  Helena said,  "Here's our army.  There are enough ships out there to engage all three Adican planets, including helping us capture the homeworld where the empress is."

"We'll need to discuss the details before we move out,"  Kat said.

The council talked out the details of the final invasion and then adjourned for the day before they began the final battle tomorrow.

Spencer and Grace walked out of the room they had just discussed tomorrow's battle plans in when they ran into Jensen and Lily.

"Oh hey there!"  Lily said excitedly as she hugged Grace and Spencer, "Glad to see you guys!"

"You too!"  Spencer and Grace said at the same time and all four of them engaged in a group hug.

"Jensen!"  Spencer said.  "I'm so glad you're alive!  How are you."

"Well," Jensen began,  "We went to the third planet ,as you know, and after blowing up a buttload of Adican scumbags, we captured the planet and we were all like 'woohoo, we are the most amazing pilots ever.  Suck it Adican soldiers.'"

Spencer laughed,  "Sounds like you had fun."

"Oh you know I had fun,"  Jensen replied.  "Blowing stuff up is my second favorite thing.  My favorite thing is blowing things up."

"Isn't that the same thing?"  Lily asked laughing.

"Shhh, Lily,"  Jensen replied.  "You just don't understand the art of blowing stuff up."

They all looked at Jensen confused.

"I mean blowing things up."  Jensen said quickly and They all laughed.

"Okay,"  Lily said.  "We'll be going now."  She kissed Jensen.  "We need to be ready for tomorrow's invasion."

Spencer waved to them as they walked away down the hallway.

"Come on,"  Grace said to Spencer as she grabbed his arm and pulled him down a hallway.

"Where are you taking me?"  Spencer asked Grace as she pulled him along.

Grace put her finger on Spencer's lips, quieting him, and then kissed him quickly.  She pulled him to the battleship's hangar and they crammed into a fighter next to one another.  Grace powered up the fighter and they sped out of the battleship and into space.

"Isn't it beautiful?"  Grace asked as they looked at the many stars out in space.

"It really is,"  Spencer replied to Grace.

Spencer looked into Grace's beautiful eyes taking in her beauty aligned with the stars all around them.  Grace looked at Spencer and pulled him towards her and kissed him.

"Spencer,"  Grace said.  "I love you."

Spencer looked at Grace and didn't even have to think before replying "I love you too."

 They stayed out in the stars, in that small fighter for hours until they finally returned to the battleship and got some sleep for tomorrow's invasion.



© 2016 Declan Gleason


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016


Author

Declan Gleason
Declan Gleason

Sandy, UT



About
I always liked writing and have recently gotten into writing actual novels. I am currently in high school but I think I can write as effectively as anyone else. I hope to get feedback on some of my .. more..

Writing