36

36

A Chapter by Declan Gleason

36


It was a short meeting.  Arthur and Colby would stay on Earth and help humanity put itself back together.  Gert and Kat each went to help govern one of the recently liberated Adican planets.  Jensen was promoted to one of The Silver Company's top ranking officers and was stationed in the former Adican Capital with Lily.  It seemed like things were going to sort themselves out.

"What about exploring the galaxy?"  Spencer asked,  "There's so much we don't know."

"I thought you'd want to do that."  Kat said.  "I don't think reconstruction is the right fit for you."  She handed Spencer a file containing information about a Dreadnaught similar to the one they had met the robots in.  "This is yours.  Name it whatever you want.  Get a team ready and be ready to depart as soon as possible.  Just because we're rebuilding doesn't mean some of us shouldn't explore."

With that the meeting was adjourned and  everyone left to get some rest.  It had been a long journey, but they had made it.


.                .                .


The crew of The Osiris left within the following week.

"Are we ready to leave?"  Spencer asked Rojan who was in the cockpit.

"Yes sir,"  Rojan replied to Spencer.  "All systems are go."

Spencer, Grace, and Helena strapped themselves in as Rojan prepared for takeoff.

"Here we go."  Spencer said,  "Let's see what we can find."

With that the crew of The Osiris blasted off into space to seek new adventures and discover new things.  As the ground fell away from them Spencer thought about what he had gone through, and what he might found out here in space.  Eventually all he could see where stars and he sat happily with his crew, ready to face any new challenges they encountered.


© 2016 Declan Gleason


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016


Author

Declan Gleason
Declan Gleason

Sandy, UT



About
I always liked writing and have recently gotten into writing actual novels. I am currently in high school but I think I can write as effectively as anyone else. I hope to get feedback on some of my .. more..

Writing