One (2)

One (2)

A Chapter by Jenni-Chan
"

... lol...

"
        “All right everyone, listen up!” Called the first mate. Everyone looked up at him. That was the signal(obviously) that they were listening.
    “We’re giving you a second chance to earn your freedom.”
    “How?” Questioned Doc.
    The first mate eyed him closely. He could see that Doc didn’t know the answer, so he answered, “By working on the ship. The more you help around, the closer you are to freedom. Got it?”
    “How do we know what to do?” Asked the girl.
    The first mate’s eyes shifted towards her. “By using your best skills.” he smirked. The girl glared at him knowing what he meant by that.
    “In that case, where’s the kitchen?” She asked. He frowned and pointed, clearly disappointed that she wasn’t a w***e.
    When she entered the kitchen, what greeted her was not what she expected. She expected to hear the all familiar sound of the cook yelling at the kitchen help, the smell of clean dishes, and good food cooking on the stove. What she got was the smell of old, moldy, scummy water, food that hopefully tasted better than it smelled, and not a single word from the little cook. Come to think of it, she saw no one but the cook.
    “There is no way I’m living like this for however long I’m on this ship.” She mumbled to herself. She looked at the cook warily. “Can you talk?” She questioned the man. He nodded his head in answer. “Then where’s the rest of your help?”
    “Helping everyone else, ta git out o’ doin’ dishes.” He answered sincerely. She sighed, of course. She looked over to the pot where he was cooking.
    “What’s the food like?” She asked.
        "Come taste yourself." he replied.
She walked over and took the ladle from him. She touched it to her tongue and tried to spit out the taste in her mouth.
"That's terrible!" She cried wiping her mouth. "How can you make something so disgusting?!"
"The captain likes it." The cook remarked.
"Well I don't. So from now on I am cooking the meals." She announced.
"yes ma'am." muttered the cook. She ignored him. She looked around and in all the cupboards.
"Where are the spices?" She asked.
"We have none." He answered.
"What?!" She exclaimed. And like any other female cook on board (if there were any) stormed off to "talk" to the captain.
She was able to find the captain quite easily once on deck. Considering that no one else was wearing a blue uniform with red and yellow braids on it. he was tall and very tan. she could see all the hard work he had done in his life by his muscles. His BIG muscles. All that hard work had definitely paid off. but that's besides the point...he reminded her of her father. Everyone else had always been afraid of her father except her and her mother. so when she saw him she was not afraid. shaking the memory away, she marched right up to him.
"We need to stop at the next port." she told him frankly. he turned around frowning.
"what?" he asked.
"We... need... to... stop... at... the... next... port." she enunciated.
***


© 2011 Jenni-Chan


Author's Note

Jenni-Chan
...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOL! Just like a male non-cook!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Again, what a girl! Be careful with your punctuation Jenn. I saw a couple of little mistakes in there. But good job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


lol. I love her attitude. She is soooo going to end up in trouble from it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


LOLOLOLOL "DOC" LIKE DOCTOR WHO.

Brilliant next chapter. I'm thoroughly interested now. Reading on!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
4 Reviews
Added on August 31, 2011
Last Updated on September 2, 2011


Author

Jenni-Chan
Jenni-Chan

Boone, IA



About
I am insane. But that is nothing new. Everyone who knows me knows that I can overcome any difference! Ahem. Excuse me. I can overcome any difference. Even my own insanity. Though arguing with yourself.. more..

Writing