One (4)

One (4)

A Chapter by Jenni-Chan
"

lol. Surprise!

"
     Even at port the captain was easy to spot and stuck out like a sore thumb.
    “Please sire.” she begged. “Spare some food?” The captain pretended to think about it for a moment, sighed, and said, “Fine. I know an Inn, we can go and get you something to eat.” She nodded eagerly, then stopped.
    “Wait,” She said, cautious of the sudden kindness. “This isn’t some sort of trick…”
    “No, no!” He said, quickly. “ I don’t mean you any harm. I just know a place to eat. I know a shop nearby that sells clothes. I can get you some if you want…” She studied him wearily, for a moment.
    “Fine. But if this is a
trick, you’ll regret it.” The captain sighed again and said,
    “I’m sure. Now come on.” And the two of them headed off toward the Inn.
***
     “I’d like to request a room for this girl.” the captain said, approaching the counter. The woman behind it peered at him with strong, searching eyes.
    “Oh? Why?” The captain looked back at her.
    “Because. She needs a place to stay and something to eat.” He replied.
    “And what exactly do you plan to do with her?”

    “I was going to help get her back on her feet…” The woman narrowed her eyes at him. Her gaze was intense and unwavering.
    “In what way?” She said slowly, after a moment. The captain stared at her in disbelief.
    “The innocent way!” They stared at each other for a moment, the captain almost shrinking under the strong gaze of the woman.
    “Fine.” She said, reaching behind her and pulling out a key. “This is to room 15. Be quiet and courteous to the other guests, or I’ll kick you out on your a*s.” She turned to the girl. “ And if you need me, sweetheart, I’ll be down here all night.” She handed the key to the captain. The captain shook his head in disgust, and walked away from the counter.

***

    Bath time was something she hadn’t had since she was 11. But this was different. It had steam rising from it. She hadn’t had one of those since she was 9. From the looks of it, people had it everyday here. She cautiously walked over to the tub. When she stuck her finger in it, it felt hot. Out of habit, she looked around before stepping into the tub. Feeling how wonderful it felt, she sank in further. Looking around again, she dunked her head under. As she came up she was giggling like a little school girl.
    After getting out, two servants came in and helped her get her dress on. Another servant came in and removed all her dirty rags off the floor of the bathroom. The servant then went out and burned them all.
***
When she walked out of her room, the captain stared at her in astonishment.
"What?" she snapped, annoyance welling up inside her as soon as she lay eyes on the captain.
"W-Well," he stammered, "You look..." She felt her cheeks grow hot, and she began to wriggle, pulling the dress up over her shoulders.
"Yeah, yeah, I know!" she huffed, "I look ridiculous right? Of course! I let them dunk me in a tub like dirty laundry, and then wrap me up in a circus tent! I probably look like a first class w***e! Take a look under the big top. See the show! Or some rich pervert's mistress! like a girl gone bloody bonkers! I should've never-"
"No, that's not it." the captain interrupted, catching her wrist to force her to stop her escape act. She stopped, as did he. clearing his throat, "It, it's just... you look quite PRESENTABLE, once you've cleaned up a little," She stared at him warily, and he turned away to escape her gaze.
A man who was standing up to leave, stared at them open mouthed. With a sideways glance, she called down to him. 
"Good sir, please close your mouth. It's very unseemly."
The woman next to him stared at her open mouthed. The girl turned to the woman.
"Please milady, don't repeat him. It's very unbecoming for a lady to repeat him."
And the two shut their mouths and went back to their own business.
***
The girl went to the innkeeper at the counter. the innkeeper looked up.
"Yes my dear?"
"I don't really know my way around all that well and I was wondering if you would be willing to come with me."
"Of course my dear. I just so happen to have business there myself. let me go find out what ingredients I need from my cook and we can be on our way. Is that all right?"
The girl nodded and the innkeeper went into the kitchen.
***


© 2011 Jenni-Chan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOL! She has no shame!

Posted 12 Years Ago


^.^ Awwww, I loved it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's not okay to put a the next chapter unpublished! What is wrong with you?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
3 Reviews
Added on September 22, 2011
Last Updated on September 27, 2011


Author

Jenni-Chan
Jenni-Chan

Boone, IA



About
I am insane. But that is nothing new. Everyone who knows me knows that I can overcome any difference! Ahem. Excuse me. I can overcome any difference. Even my own insanity. Though arguing with yourself.. more..

Writing