Upon Arrival

Upon Arrival

A Chapter by Alex Hunter
"

With Tammy and Stan along for the trip (to the groups chagrin) the teens finally head off. Rod's anger builds up to take it out on Stan while Tim comes to drastic conclusions

"
Chapter VIII
Upon Arrival

“Gosh who let Stan out of his cage?.” Alan slurred.
“Stan my man, what’s up.” Tim gave Stan a hug. The nasty smell of richness.
“Nothing much. But I just wanted to know if you guys are still trying to catch this killer instead of sitting on your ugly poor asses.”
“Oh that one for sure.” Liz nodded her head.
“You poor guys, invite me to your funerals. Stan laughed.
“Shut up you stupid snob.” Rod immediately had a glare down with Stan.
“What’s wrong Rodney, mad that I’m here.” Stan smirked.
“I’d rather you’d be dead.” Everyone nodded at Rod’s comment.
“Do you even want to come with us?” Veronica asked.
“I will make the trip more exciting, especially after you, Elizabeth and Tamara become mine.” Stan grinned.
Rod punched Stan in the jaw which immediately floored him.
“Let’s continue to watch Happy Days.” Alan laughed.
“Why can’t we just leave now?” Tammy asked.
“Babe, the guys have special plans for their girls at sundown.” Steve smiled.
“And none for me!” Tammy turned away but Steve pulled her back.
“I didn’t know you were coming until a few hours ago but yeah I got a little something planned.”
“Good.” Tammy kissed Steve on the lips and walked over to the floor.
“Herpies.” Liz coughed. Veronica laughed at the comment.
An hour and thirty minutes went by.
“Tim, let’s get going, I can’t wait thirty more minutes.” Veronica sighed as everyone moaned.
“Wait, besides has Stan woken up yet?”
“Nope, Rod laid him out solid.”
“He’s not that tough.” Tim whispered.
“Sure.” Veronica sounded sarcastic.
Finally waiting thirty more minutes Steve jumped up.
“Its four, let’s go!!!!!” Steve shouted.
The group all quickly ran out the door and over to the Winnebago. Tim turned the TV off, grabbed his suitcase and, after hesitating, picked up Stan and walked out the door.
“Tim, why on Earth did you bring him.” Alan moaned.
“I didn’t want Liz’s uptight dad to press charges on us.” Tim sighed.
“Well, all aboard.” Richie smiled.
The group entered the Winnebago. Richie and Tammy sat on the 2 seat couch while Veronica and Liz sat on the 3 seater which Tim knew an awkward moment was bound to happen. Tim boarded and threw Stan’s knocked out body on the floor and sat with the girls. Rod sat on the lounge chair. Steve and Alan boarded with Steve taking the wheel and Alan in the passenger seat.
“Wait!” Steve jumped up. “Veronica give me your car keys, you too Liz.”
“Oh s**t the suitcases!” Liz gasped.
Veronica threw her keys at Steve followed by Liz and he caught them with the same hand. He ran out of the Winnebago and opened Veronica’s Volvo. He grabbed his green suitcase, Richie’s blue suitcase and Veronica’s grey suitcase. He then called for Alan who brought the bags into the Winnebago. Steve then got Liz’s silver suitcase and Rod’s dark grey suitcase and after bringing them in, Alan ran back out to get his orange suitcase out of his car. He got it and ran back to the Winnebago.
“Okay, suitcases.” Steve said.
“Check.” Everyone replied.
“Keys.”
“Check.”
“Alright, let’s go.” Steve honked the horn and they drove off.
“It’s about time, you have a key to the house, right Alan?” Steve asked.
“Yep.” Alan pull a gold key out of his left pocket.
“This is going to be fun!” Liz! jumped up and down in the back seat.
“I know right!” Steve imitated Liz’s voice then rolled his eyes.
“I’m not thrilled, if that makes you guys feel any better.” Rod crossed his arms.
“Oh touché.” Tim rolled his eyes. “But it could be worse, I mean... We could be locked in a room with Tammy other than having freedom.”
“I feel ya man.” Rod nodded his head.
“You guys are so insulting!” Tammy squealed. “You guys are freakin stupid.”
“Alan!” Rod called over.
“Yeah man?”
“How far away is this place?”
“About 72 miles.”
“Okay cool.” Rod gave a thumbs up gesture.
“Yeah if any of you guys brought some 8-tracks we could listen to them soon.” Steve said.
“Okay, I brought some.” Richie yelled to Steve
“I’m so glad we are finally leaving.” Tim smiled.
“Yeah, no parents.” Veronica smiled.
“No rules.” Rod grinned.
“No homework.” Richie added.
“And no Alan Crandall.” Liz sighed.
“Alan Crandall is just a legend to scare little kids.” Tammy sneered.
“Shut up!” Liz yelled.
“Make me you dumb broad.” Tammy snapped back.
“Don’t yell at Liz like that.” Rod and Tim shouted at the same time.
Rod and Tim stared at each other, Rod lifted an eyebrow. Tim shook his head so Rod nodded.
“Yeah seriously Tammy go be a b***h to Stan over there, he’s hasn’t moved a bit.” Veronica laid her head on Tim’s shoulder.
“I don’t care what you say.” Tammy raised an eyebrow.
“No arguing!” Alan yelled from up front.
“The odds in that are low.” Richie rolled his eyes.
“Let’s listen to some music.” Tim asked.
“Richie, you brought some, did anybody else?” Veronica asked.
Rod raised his hand.
“How many?” Veronica asked.
“7.” Rod smiled.
“You Richie?”
“5.”
“Cool 12, what did you guys bring?” Liz asked.
“I brought “Ramones” and “Rocket to Russia” by The Ramones, “Love Gun” and “Destroyer” by KISS, “Dandy in the Underworld” by T. Rex, “Thirty Three and 1/3”
by George Harrison, and of course, my all-time favorite, “So Alone” by Johnny Thunders. The greatest birthday present from the greatest girlfriend. Rod smiled at Liz who blew a kiss to him and smiled.
“What year did it come out again?” Tim asked.
“1978.” Rod smiled.
“Why not play something we all listen to.”
Everyone looked back and saw Stan slowly bring back consciousness. They all moaned.
“What did you just say?” Rod’s voice got stern.
“I don’t have to repeat myself.” Stan smiled deviously.
“Yeah and you won’t be repeating yourself when your jaw is broken after I lay you out again.” Rod flipped him off.
“Whatever, I don’t care what you choose.” Stan laughed.
“Anyways, lets listen to “Ramones” a little later, the music I brought is good, but not quite as good as Rod’s. Richie smiled.
“Just as long as Stan keeps his mouth closed, everything will be fine.” Liz mumbled to Tim who chuckled.
“Okay, I just want to let you know that my Aunt Tabatha will be the maid.” Alan told them as Steve turned to the exit.
“Okay, she won’t badger us right?” Veronica asked.
“She shouldn’t.” Alan replied.
Tabatha James. Wow, what luck. She had tan skin, a big chest and a nice a*s Tim remembered. Kinda just like.. Liz. He looked down and smiled. He looked around. Rod was sitting down looking out the window up at the sky. Tim smiled. He knew what Rod was thinking about. He turned to his right. Veronica was chatting with Richie. Tammy was looking at her nails and Stan wasn’t doing anything. I hope he gets his just desserts Tim grinned. He then turned to his left. Liz was looking at Rod and smiling, Alan was reading a map and of course Steve was driving. This is gonna be a good time if Stan doesn’t screw everything up.
“Veronica.” Tim whispered in her ear.
“Yeah.” She smiled still perfect
“Are you gonna be ready for tonight?”
“I still don’t know what you and Rod have in planned but I’m ready for whatever comes.” She ran her hand through Tim’s hair.
“You are gonna love it.” Tim smiled.
“I bet I will.” Veronica put her head on his shoulder.
“Traffic’s looking good, if there is little bathroom breaks, we can make it there in 2 hours hopefully.” Alan said.
“2 hours, it would be about 6:30 maybe?” Steve replied.
“I’m horrible at math, but most likely it will.” Alan looked outside.
Rod pulled out his “Ramones” tape. He walked casually over to the front and handed Alan the tape.
“Don’t make any sharp turns, I’ll beat you if you try.” Rod smiled.
“I most certainly will not.” Steve laughed.
Rod walked back to the seat and Alan pushes the tape into the player. Rod immediately started headbanging when the sound of “Blitzkrieg Bop” hit. For most people, that would have been the song that got people into the Ramones. For Tim, Steve, Veronica and Alan, it was “I Don’t Wanna Go Down to the Basement.” For Rod however, it was “Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue.” Liz and Tammy had heard of them but never heard their music and Stan hated punk.

30 minutes passed. It was 4:45. The tape had been over for several minutes and Richie had fallen asleep.
“Wanna know what I brought?” Steve asked.
“What?” Alan replied.
“Grab my bag and open the second compartment. Its behind the drivers seat.”
Alan grabbed the bag and opened the said compartment. He pulled out a black case.
“What is it?” Alan asked.
“Open it man, it's something I got for Hanukkah last year.”
Alan opened it and he pulled out a grey switchblade.
“Dude, how did you score this?” Alan said in amazement.
“My parents thought I should be more protected in the outside world.” Steve smirked. “I call her, Cher.”
Alan started laughing.
“Hey she’s pretty good looking man.”
“Hey Tim you look lost man.” Alan said as he started to stop the laughter.
“Not lost, I’m just anxious as hell man.”
“Amen to that.” Rod smiled.
“Oh s**t!” Steve said angrily.
“What?” Alan asked.
“Running low on gas.” Steve looked back then turned front again. “Liz you pay for it.”
“Um no way Steve, make Tammy or Stan do it.”
“Shut up, I’m not paying good money on gas.” Tammy sneered.
“I’m broke.” Stan said casually.
“Tim?” Liz asked.
“50 bucks for booze only.”
“Hurry up.” Steve said as he pulled into the gas station.
“I brought 4 bucks.” Rod said.
“2 from me.” Veronica shrugged.
“Okay give me the money, I’ll pay the 6 bucks back when we come back home.” Steve got up and walked over to the back and put his hand out.
“Okay.” Rod handed him the money and Veronica passed the 2 bucks to Tim, who handed it to Steve.
“Thanks guys.” Steve smiled and walked out the door.
“Why did we stop?” Richie woke up.
“Steve had to get gas.” Tammy replied.
“What tapes did you bring?” Alan called back to Richie.
“I brought “Candy-O by The Cars.” Richie shrugged.
“Interesting.” Rod smiled.
A minute passed and Steve got back on.
“$8 is a rip off.” Steve groaned and sat back down.
“I thought it was 6.” Liz asked.
“He probably had 2 dollars in his pocket you dumb bimbo.” Tammy yelled.
“Oh my gosh, if you don’t shut up I am going to use you as gas.” Alan rolled his eyes.
“Bring it,” Tammy replied.
“So what, your badass now?” Liz complained. “Why don’t you take your rich behind and go somewhere.”
“Agreed.” Tim said.
“Timothy.” Rod looked at Tim and warned.
“I’m not with your girl, chill out.”
“You chill out.”
“You all chill the hell out.” Veronica yelled. “Stop acting like you guys are all tough.”
“We are tough.” Richie moaned.
“Lies.” Tammy responded.
“Well you aren’t tough. You think your badass because of your parents.” Alan yelled.
“Seriously.” Richie agreed. “I think your mom was cheating because you look nothing like your parents.”
“And if so, you just got the bad genes.” Liz laughed.
“And if not, well... you’re a w***e just like your mother.” Stan had the final words. Then all was silent.
And for the first time in a long time, Tammy never responded. Instead she wiped a tear and leaned back in the seat.
“Guys, she’s adopted.” Steve spoke boldly. “You guys are a******s!”
“Adopted? Why?” Stan asked.
“My parents were murdered when I was one.”
“And they let you survive? D****t.” Richie chuckled.
“No. And I was adopted into a rich family otherwise I would be poor like all of you.”
“Did they ever find the killer?” Tim asked.
“Nope. But I can tell you it was around the time Alan Crandall dissapeared.”
“Alan Crandall disappeared in '52”
I know. But the killings happened about a decade later, which is close in time length to me. But it was weird because they found some evidence like fingerprints that matched Alan Crandall's, or so they think, but it couldn’t be him because his body was found about 5 years before.”
“So it’s a mystery.” Stan whispered.
“Yep.” Steve responded. “So try saying s**t to Tammy again, and I might end up being the killer.”
Steve started the Winnebago back up and they drove off.
“I’m sorry Tammy.” Tim said after a few minutes of silence.
“It’s fine.” Tammy looked at him. “You guys got what you wanted, my vulnerability.” She looked down.
Tim started feeling bad. He started to feel remorse for her. Something he thought he would never do after sophomore year. He sighed.
It was 5:16. They still had more than half an hour of driving. Tim was sleeping, his head rested on Veronica’s head who was sleeping his shoulder. Tim was dreaming about what was to come at the lake house. He hoped that the drama and tension would die down. All he had to do were 3 things. First, get Liz and Tammy to stop bitching at each other. Second, make sure Stan did not get on everyone’s nerves. Third and most importantly, try not to succumb to his feelings for Liz. His dreaming was stopped abruptly by Liz.
“Tim.” Liz shook him.
“What?” Tim looked at her.
“Steve wants you.”
“What Steve?” Tim looked towards him.
“We are almost there, just 20 minutes left.” Steve smiled.
“Cool man.” Tim looked outside.
The sun was going to set soon. He couldn’t wait to get to the lake house already. His heart was beating fast, he was ready to have a romantic escapade with Veronica. He smiled.
“So what’s to come when we get there?” Stan said.
“Whatever man.” Richie smiled. “Tim, Rod, Liz and Veronica have plans so we can just do whatever.”
“Sounds good.” Stan smiled, for the first time a true smile.
“Is it me, or is the sky showing a warning.” Steve asked.
“Dude what the hell.” Rod said.
“The sky, its red and purple. I’ve never see this before.”
“Dude, none of this philosophy s**t okay.” Alan said annoyed.
“Tornado's form from this color of sky.”
“Dude speed up, this ride is taking to damn long.” Tim moaned.
Steve did as told. The speed limit was 55, Steve decided to go 65. He sped past the 7 other cars in his path.
“Yeah man, this is more like it.” Steve howled.
However the sound of sirens came 10 minutes later.
“Damn it, it’s the fuzz.” Rod groaned.
“Stupid pigs.” Richie mumbled. “Quick hide!”
Steve angrily stopped the Winnebago to the side of the road.
“Hope this doesn’t take long. F****n 5 minutes left in the ride.” Steve growled
A cop walked up to the front window.
“Old man.” Steve whispered to Alan who laughed
“Can I see your license.” His voice was raspy, appeared to be a smoker as well.
“Um yeah sure.” Steve pulled his wallet out of his back pocket and pulled his license out. He handed it to the cop who looked it over.
“Okay, license and registration.” He handed Steve his license back.
“F**k.” Steve whispered.
Steve fumbled with the compartments.
“Is there a problem son?”
“No officer, um...”
“Harold.”
“Yeah, see this isn’t my car.”
“So you stole it.”
“No its just...”
“That’s grand theft auto, you can go to jail for this.”
“It’s my brothers car, he’s letting me borrow it, the registration is in his name.”
Steve handed Harold his brothers registration. He looked it over and handed it back to him.
“This one time, you can go.” Harold said. “Another time, its jail.”
“Yes sir.” Steve said.
Steve started the Winnebago back up and drove off. Luckily the ride was over quickly as Steve made a final turn to the left.
“Look at it.” Steve smiled.
“Look at it!? you can’t see it.” Liz looked out the window.
She was right. All they saw was a big black gate, about 10 feet high.
“Hang on.” Alan got up and got out the door.
The group watched as Alan talked on the machine to the side of the gate. He ran back in.
“Watch.”
The gate opened and Steve drove in. What they saw was incredible.
“This is freakin amazing!” Rod got up and ran over to the front

“Wait babe!” Tim heard Liz’s high-pitched voice echo throughout the car. And suddenly, he wished that she was calling him babe. And he wanted her to be running after him, and he wanted her to be in bed with him with their arms wrapped around each other. That’s what he wanted. And as painful as it was to admit, he had too. He didn’t love Veronica.


© 2012 Alex Hunter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
Added on August 7, 2012
Last Updated on August 10, 2012
Tags: Anger fighting leaving


Author

Alex Hunter
Alex Hunter

Palm Coast, FL



About
I like 80s films, like slasher and teen comedy. I love music from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s mainly. I like nature and walking as well. I'm a bassist and long to be in a band. And of course, I love wri.. more..

Writing
Death Race Death Race

A Story by Alex Hunter