Lock and Load

Lock and Load

A Chapter by Alex Hunter
"

Tim, Rod and Steve go looking for Liz when they find a shed. However, Liz is found with little chance of survival. The guys head back to get the others but when they return, it's too late

"
Chapter XV
Lock and Load

The group went downstairs. They all sat on the couch.
“Okay I say me, Tim and Rod go and look for this guy.” Alan said.
“No way, I’m stronger; I’ll be able to fend myself.” Steve said.
“I know the place better.” Alan retorted.
“Maybe, but I want this guy dead more than you do.”
Alan looked at Steve. “Fine, you three go, run back if anything happens, okay.” Alan said.
“Deal.” Steve walked outside. Rod followed, grabbing a flashlight on the counter next to the door.
“Be safe honey.” Veronica walked over and kissed Tim.
“I will.” Tim smiled. “Take care of her.” He told Alan.
Alan nodded.
With that, Tim ran out the door and caught up with the guys.
“Okay, we stay together.” Steve said.
“When I find this guy, I swear.” Rod said.
“Let’s hurry.” Tim said as he picked up speed.
The guys all ran to the bushes to the left of the house, where a forest was. However, after passing a bunch of big leaves, the guys were face to face with a shed.
“We have to take a look.” Rod said as he walked over.
Tim put his arm in front of him.
“Are you crazy, this is clearly an ambush.”
“Then I’m ready for it.” Rod walked past Tim and slowly opened the door.
Tim and Steve walked behind Rod and they all got inside. A candle was burning on the top of a shelf. Rod looked down and saw what he did not what to see. Liz.

She was bleeding from her head; apparently she was hit hard with a blunt object. She slowly looked up.
“R-Rod.” She spoke, her voice not high and peppy, something Tim never thought he would here in his life.
“Babe, I’m here.” Rod ran over to her and knelt by her.
“Please, help m-me.”
“I will, with all the power I have, I will save you.”
She started crying.
“Steve.” Liz pointed to her left, I’m sorry.”
Steve looked over and saw Tammy’s beaten body lying on the ground close to Liz, dead. She too was beaten down, only she was beaten to death.
Steve shook his head. “No, d****t no!”
“Liz, we’ll be right back okay. Play dead, please.” Rod said, starting to choke up. “I would leave someone here with you but, I can’t, it's too risky.”
“It’s okay, just go quickly.” Her head flopped down.
“Let’s go, now!” Rod said as he bolted from the shed, Tim and Steve quickly followed.
“Tim.” Liz said. “Do what's right.”
Tim looked down and ran.
The guys ran back to the house. They immediately entered and closed the door.
“What’s up?” Alan said as he and Veronica got up from the couch.
“Liz is alive but barely, we need you guys to come with us, now.” Steve said.
“Where is she?” Veronica asked, eyes big.
“In a shed.” Tim said.
“What?” Alan said. “There’s no shed here.”
“You wanna take look?” Rod said as he opened the door.
“Move it.” Tim said as the group all ran from the house back to the shed. They arrived rather quickly.
“Well, I’ll be, I never knew this was here.” Alan spoke softly.
“Hurry.” Rod said as he opened the shed door again.
The group all walked inside again except something was different.
Rod walked over to Liz. “Come on, babe, speak to me. The rest of the group is here.” He forced a smile.
Rod caressed her face and his hand went down her neck, but then Rod felt it. A piece of bone, ripped from her bloody neck. With a brutally broken neck, Elizabeth Martin, was dead.




© 2012 Alex Hunter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on August 7, 2012
Last Updated on August 10, 2012
Tags: Sad gruesome death murder creepy


Author

Alex Hunter
Alex Hunter

Palm Coast, FL



About
I like 80s films, like slasher and teen comedy. I love music from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s mainly. I like nature and walking as well. I'm a bassist and long to be in a band. And of course, I love wri.. more..

Writing
Death Race Death Race

A Story by Alex Hunter