Showtime

Showtime

A Chapter by Alex Hunter
"

With only four survivors, the group ran to get to safety with a psychotic, axe-wielding Alan Crandall right behind them. Another member is killed so the final 3 must guard themselves with all they can

"

Chapter XVII

Showtime

 

Tim, Steve, Veronica and Alan all ran as fast as their feet could take them into the woods. Unfortunately, Alan had tripped over a branch and the others did not notice him. Next thing you know, Crandall was just arriving at Alan.

“Help!” Alan yelled in fright.

Tim, Steve and Veronica stopped and saw Alan with Crandall. Crandall picked up Alan in a bear hug.

“S**t!” Steve yelled as he ran over to them.

“S-s-stay back!” Alan yelled, loosing breath.

Crandall threw Alan’s lifeless body on the ground and quickly caught up to Steve. Steve fought gallantly and before you knew it, Tim was helping in the fight.

“Wish I brought my switch with me.” Steve said guarding himself.

“I know what you mean man.” Tim said as he tried to punch Crandall in the stomach.

Veronica ran to help but she was shoved aside by Crandall who then sent Tim flying with a single backhand. He then tossed Steve into the air and punched him before contact with the ground was made.

“Damn it.” Steve muttered, breathing heavily. “There’s no point.”

“No.” Tim managed to say to his fallen friend. “We must, go help Veronica; I’ll take matters into my own hands.”

Steve did as told while Tim ran at full force into Crandall. Crandall was unfazed and whacked Tim upside the head with the bottom of his axe.

Crandall laughed. It was menacing, pure doom. Tim knew it was almost over. He looked over at Alan’s body lying on the ground; he then turned to see Steve carrying Veronica as quick as he could to safety. Just then, Alan Crandall took Tim and tossed in hard into a tree. Tim then fell out of consciousness.

Tim opened his eyes. He was standing in a graveyard. He turned around quickly and saw Steve and Veronica’s graves right in front of him.

“No.” Tim spoke softly as memories flooded his mind.

Memories of his time with his pals and his family, Steve’s Bar Mitzvah, helping Rod catch a bike stealer, performing a comedy skit for the 10th grade talent show with Alan and Richie, spending time with Liz, kissing Veronica, getting Spiffy from his parents, spending time with his grandparents. Then the memories of his friend’s bodies being found. Richie beaten, Stan with a cleaver in his head, Liz with a broken neck, Tammy being bludgeoned to death, Alan with a broken back. Tim couldn’t take it; it was too powerful for him to understand.

“STOP!” Tim screamed as he felt himself lift up from the ground.

He turned over to see Alan Crandall about to attack Veronica and Steve. The anger inside of him raged like a burning fire. Alan Crandall ran back to him so he could finish him off but Tim just stood there.

“Tim, move!” Veronica screamed.

Tim stood still.

Alan Crandall was running directly at him.

“D****t Tim, come on!” Steve yelled. Tim heard his voice crack.

Alan Crandall was right there, he lifted his axe in the air, determined to finish Tim off. Crandall swung his axe directly at Tim.

“NO!!!” Steve and Veronica yelled.

Right when the axe was about to hit Tim, he struck Crandall with a powerful right handed punch directly in the stomach of Crandall, knocking the breath out of him.

“You piece of s**t.” Tim said as he picked up the axe. “You’re over!” Tim lifted the axe just when Crandall was standing up but a light, brighter than the sun, came directly out of nowhere. Tim quickly jumped out of the way and the speeding object ramming into Alan Crandall with such force that it sent him crash impacting into a tree.

Veronica screamed, Steve looked in horror, Tim watched shocked. The object was the Winnebago. And out of nowhere, Rod stumbled out of the vehicle. Tim, Veronica and Steve ran over to him. Rod fell, still very injured from the coffee table incident.

Veronica and Steve hugged Rod. Tim and Rod made eye contact.

“You saved my life.” Tim said sounding a little shocked.

“Friends have each other’s backs.” Rod spoke softly.

Tim’s eyes got big. He couldn’t believe what he had just heard.

“I called the cops.” Rod said. They should be arriving very shortly.

“Thank god man.” Steve said. He was nearly crying for joy.

The group was about to get back into the Winnebago when some officers with flashlights were seen in the distance.

“Over here!” Rod yelled. “We’re the only survivors!”

“We got some explaining to do.” Veronica nudged Tim.

“It’s for the best.” Tim wrapped his arms around Veronica as the police came to them.



© 2012 Alex Hunter


Author's Note

Alex Hunter
Very emotional scene, tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on August 8, 2012
Last Updated on August 8, 2012
Tags: Death, sad, emotional, murder, killer


Author

Alex Hunter
Alex Hunter

Palm Coast, FL



About
I like 80s films, like slasher and teen comedy. I love music from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s mainly. I like nature and walking as well. I'm a bassist and long to be in a band. And of course, I love wri.. more..

Writing
Death Race Death Race

A Story by Alex Hunter