Private Property

Private Property

A Chapter by Alex Hunter
"

With Richie coming out, his friends support him, but he goes missing during the night. An emotional Alan goes with some others to find him but something worse awaits

"
Chapter XII
Private Property

Tim’s face got really red. His friend, Richard Benjamin Warren was secretly gay.
“Richie’s...gay.”
“Yes you f*****g idiot.” Veronica sneered.
“Don’t get mad at me!” Tim yelled. “I didn’t know but he said “I love” someone.
“Alan.”
“He loves Alan, wait, how long has he known he’s been gay.”
“10th grade although I could say he was questioning since approximately 7th grade.
“I feel like a f*****g jackass.”
“That’s because you’ve been acting like one. Tim you haven't been yourself this vacation, one more outburst and we’re over.”
Those words hit Tim like a ton of bricks.
“What the f**k Veronica, I didn’t f*****g know he was gay! “
The door busted open. Alan.
“Why the hell are you guys screaming at each other. Its midnight and people are trying to rest. And where the hell is Rich. He isn’t in his room”
“I have to tell you something Alan.” Richie appeared right behind Alan.
“What man.” Alan smiled.
Richie and Alan walked into the room.
“Alan, we have been friends for a long time and I just have to tell you something.”
“What is it?” Alan smiled.
“Never mind, some other time.”
“Um, alright.” Alan said
Tim and Veronica looked at each other is amazement.
“Anything planned for tomorrow?” Richie asked.
“Not sure, maybe you, me, and Stan could drive downtown to get some girls.”
“Hmm, sounds fun.” Richie forced a smile.
“You don’t seem too interested, but we’ll see what happens.” Alan punched Richie on the shoulder.
“Okay, sounds wicked.” Richie smiled.
“Well, I’m tired as a horse on dope, I’m gonna go to sleep..” Alan said.
“Now, really.” Richie said.
“Take consideration in Tim and Veronica.” Alan raised an eyebrow.
“Okay, why not.”
“Yeah, later guys.”
“Yeah.”
The door opened. Rod walked in.
“I don’t mean to annoy you guys, but Liz and I are having a hard time sleeping because you guys are talking loudly.” He frowned.
“Sorry man.” Richie said. “Then again, Animal Boy over there should be locked up in a cage.”
Alan and Rod immediately knew he was referring to Tim.
“What did Richards do this time?” Alan and Rod said in unison.
“Never, mind. He’s been through a lot, he probably got the wrong impression.”
“Okay.” Rod glared at Tim.
Tim had to admit, he and Rod hated each other, to the max.
“Look we need some sleep.” Alan yawned. “Richie, we support you bro.”
Richie smiled.
“What are you guys talking about?” Rod asked.
“Tomorrow man.” Richie and Alan walked out.
“Alright, night Veronica.” Rod waved and left the room.
“You guys still hate each other huh.” Veronica smiled.
“Please stop smiling at me, I feel as though I want to start kissing you now.”
Veronica couldn’t help but blush. “Tomorrow Tim.”
“You're doing it again....” Tim smiled.
“You're such an a*****e.” She laughed, and with that statement, she went to bed.

It was seven o’clock in the morning, that’s all Tim could remember. He sloozed down the stairs and threw his body on the couch. He was in a battle- a contestant battle with his mind. He finally had time to think things over. Tammy’s disappearance. Could Rod of done it? He does have anger management and with everything going on he could of done it. He hates Tammy more than anyone- Rod had to of killed Tammy. And with that thought Rod strolled down the stairs and plopped himself next to Tim.
“Timothy.” He whispered without looking at Tim.
Tim forced his eyes open, stood up straight and looked forward.
“Rodney.” Tim cleared his throat.
“How are you?” Rod cracked his knuckles and cracked his neck, then looked at Tim.
“Great.” Tim forced a smile. His body was shaking- was he Rods next murder victim?
“Richie disappeared last night.” Rod whispered. “Would you happen to know where he went?”
“Nope.” Tim shrugged. Tim looked at him. “Would you?”
“I’m asking you.”
“Well I’m asking you back.”
Then Liz stepped down the stairs. Awkward..
“Oh, Timothy- Rodney- you guys are talking!” She jumped in the middle of them. “Alan and Steve went to go look for Richie- where could he of gone?”
“I have no idea.” Tim shrugged.
“Maybe if you were nicer to him- I mean- you hit him pretty hard.” Rod whispered.
“It was an accident.”
“Yeah, like you coming onto Liz, right?”
“Like you murdering Tammy.”
The chills went up Tim’s spine.
“I’m going to cook breakfast.” Liz stood up quick and scampered into the kitchen.
“Now that was an accident.” Rod smiled.
“I know you killed her.”
“I did.” Rod nodded.
“Don’t try to deny- what?” Tim’s eyes widened. “You killed Tamera?”
“Yep.” Rod nodded his head. “And before I got rid of her body I tore off a finger and used it as bait. Did Steve tell you about the 12 inch fish I caught?”
“Why? Did you kill Michelle too?”
“My buddy Alan Crandall did that.” Rod laughed. “He helped me get rid of the body.”
“Alan Crandall is here? We have to tell the others.” Just as Tim was about to get up Rod held his arm down.
“You won’t tell a soul.” He warned.
“Why not?” Tim sat back down. “Are you going to kill me too? You know who Alan is! You know who killed your sister- who is Alan!”
“Doesn’t matter.” Rod leaned back. “And don’t tempt me Tim- I would kill you.” Rod smiled.
“You're bullshitting me aren’t you?”
“If that’s what you think.”
“Rod.” Tim said seriously. “Just tell me.”
“Alan Crandall? You already know Timothy. Alan Crandall is dead; therefore this new Crandall is an impostor.”
Tim took a deep swallow.
“And maybe.” Rod whispered. “Just maybe- he’s right under our noses.”
“Guys!” Alan stormed into the house. “Richie- Richie- his body! It’s on Private Property X!”
“What the... f**k is that?” Rod looked at him.
“His body- Private- it's the- Private Property X used to be owned by my uncle who was killed.” Alan whispered the last part. “And Richie’s body was found in the exact place- at the exact time my uncle was found-.”
“Murdered!” Veronica yelled.
“Exactly.”
“Wait, your aunt was married once?” Tim asked.
“No, no, no.” Alan shook his head. “My Uncle David is the brother of my dad and my aunt.”
“Wowzers.” Rod stood up and smiled. “Looks like we have an Alan Crandall on the loose.”
Then Tim looked up at Liz who was already looking at him. Did she hear any of this?
“Did you hear anything?” Tim mouthed to her.
She responded with a simple nod, then Rod looked at her and she looked away forcefully. Rod then looked back at Tim and smiled.
“Isn’t that right, Tim?”
“Looks like we're taking an adventure to Private Property X, huh?” Tim looked at Alan.
“Yeah.” Alan whispered. “But- I mean- Richie is still alive.” He whispered. “I told him I would come back to get you guys to go get him because he's tied up in a tree with branches going through his arms and everything... But now I’m sure if Crandall is back then we can’t really do anything because Richie is probably already dead.”
“Only one way to find out, huh?” Rod smiled and grabbed his coat that was on the chair.
“What about Veronica?”
“Uh- Liz you stay here with Veronica.” Alan said.
“What if something happens?” She whined. “Then what am I supposed to do.”
“What do you do when a ravenous killer comes for you Elizabeth?” Rod laughed.
“Besides let him kill you?” Tim widened his eyes.
Then it got silent.
“Uh- okay.” Alan said causally. “Let’s just go, Rod and Tim.”
“So what, if that’s Private Property X, then are we Private Property XI?” Liz asked.
“Yeah. Yeah.” Alan whispered. “I’ll tell you guys on the way there, the story....”
“Why can’t I hear!” Liz whined.
“I’ll do it tonight on a bonfire.”
“And where’s Stan?”
“Right here.” Stan rushed up to them. “Alan, can I borrow the Winnebago, I have to get some snacks.”
“You have to get snacks now? I mean we just found out about Richie!” Alan yelled.
“What happened?” Stan asked clueless.
“His body!”
“No snacks Stan, we have to use the Winnebago now.” Tim said.
“Damn it, fine, but what about Steve?” Stan asked.
“Let him sleep. Besides the keys are on the table next to the door.” Alan said.
“Why are we just standing around then!” Liz screamed. “Get the f**k out!”
“Fine.” Tim stood up.
The group minus Liz and Veronica went out the door. Alan grabbed the keys on the way out. There was a slight breeze and it was cloudy out. The breeze picked up, blowing Tim’s and Rod’s hair in their faces.
“Glad I have my hat on.” Alan smiled.
“Yeah and my bowl cut isn’t too long.” Stan added.
“So how far away is Private Property X?” Tim whispered as him, Rod, Alan and Stan stepped into the Winnebago.
“Pretty far.” Alan cleared his throat. “But no worries, Richie-” Then Alan paused.
Tim heard it too and he knew Rod heard it. But Rod simply smiled. The rustling of the leaves, the laughter in the distance. Alan sat in the driver’s seat as Tim took the passenger seat. Rod and Stan sat on the 3 seat couch.
“Ready for a 15 minute drive.” Alan said as he put the key in ignition.
“Sort of.” Tim replied. He heard the shakiness in Alan’s voice. He knew Alan was upset.
“Let’s get Rich.” Alan said, anger in his voice. “And find the b*****d who did this!”
With those words, Alan backed up and drove to the gate. Once the gate opened he sped out, like a demon.
7 minutes passed and Alan started driving faster.
“Alan, slow down!” Stan yelled.
“Really man, you must be doing 65.” Rod added.
“There isn’t a speed limit guys, and I’m mad, I swear if Richie dies.” Alan looked down and sped faster with the look of a man possessed.
“Damn it Alan!” Tim said.
“Almost there, one more turn.”
“We’ve only been driving for a few minutes, I thought this was gonna be 15.” Tim said.
“Hang on.”
Alan made an extremely sharp right turn and stopped.
“Jeez Alan.” Tim said as he felt his heart beat very fast.
“Yeah, Stan flew out of the seat.” Rod said.
Tim and Alan turned around and saw Stan pick himself back up while Rod was grabbing onto to the table.
“Well we are here.” Alan smiled. “Let’s get Rich.
Alan took the keys out of the ignition and the guys left the Winnebago. What they saw was a 2 story grey house that was falling apart.
“This is Private Property X.” Tim said.
“Yes, come on, it’s behind the house.” Alan said.
“Why are the bodies always behind the house?” Rod exclaimed. Interesting.
The guys ran to the back of the house where they found Richie. Seeing him the way he was made Tim almost cry. He had a gash on the right side of the head with blood dripping over his grey t-shirt. He had cuts all over his arms and a long cut on his leg which ripped through his bell-bottoms. He was tied up to a big tree and had a branch going right through his bicep. Stan looked in horror as Alan tried to hold back his tears. Rod just looked, with somewhat sad emotion.
“Guys!” Richie yelled in pain. “Please help.”
The guys ran over to Richie.
“What the hell happened?” Tim said as Alan and Stan started unwrapping the rope.
“Darkness couldn’t see much. Richie was breathing heavily. “Someone attacked me out of the blue; beat me, using only fists. Took a knife and cut my leg, slashed up my arms. Punched me in the head hard enough to damage skin. Tied me to this tree, took a branch and slammed it so hard through my arm. It hurts man.” Tears started running down his eyes. “I don’t wanna die, I want to do so much more in my life.”
“You’re gonna be alright.” Alan cried. “You’ll survive.”
“Bull, I’m slipping away.” Richie’s voice started slipping.
“Stay with me man, please.” Tim shouted.
“Trying, Timmy. Alan, can I tell you something.”
The rope was removed and Richie fell. Alan caught him.
“What, tell me?” Alan said.
Richie took Alan’s hat with his left hand and put it on.
“Alan, I’ve known this for 2 years now, man I-”
“What, say it Rich.”
“I...love you more than...a friend.”
“You’re-”
“Gay...yes.”
“It doesn’t matter what your orientation is, I’ll always have your back.” Alan cried.
“You’re... great.”
With those words, Richie closed his eyes. Richie Warren, was dead.
“Noooooooooooo!” Alan screamed. “Why, why ,why!!!”
“Alan, we have to go.” Stan said.
“And leave his body here!”
“Bring his body then.” Rod shrugged as he walked away.
“It’ll be best if we leave him here.” Tim said, sullenly.
The guys walked back to the Winnebago.

The ride back was quiet. They arrived 15 minutes later. Steve was sitting outside.
“Guys, where were you.” Steve said as Alan rushed out of the Winnebago
“Richie’s dead.” Alan walked into the house as he rushed past Steve, Tim and Stan emerged from the Winnebago. Rod followed.
“...Rich.” Steve’s eyes widened.
“Can you believe it.” Tim said.
The guys walked back into the house. Liz and Veronica were sitting on the couch.
“What happened to Alan?” Liz asked. “He’s very upset.”
“Richie, passed on.” Tim looked down.
“What!” Veronica jumped up.
Tears started up in Veronica’s and Liz’s eyes.
“We can get through this okay.” Stan said.
“There’s only one meaning to this.” Liz said. “Alan Crandall must’ve followed us here.”
“Maybe, just maybe, I think I believe you.” Veronica said.”
Stan went out the door. Tim followed.
“Where do you think you’re going?” Tim raised an eyebrow.
“Getting snacks now. I’ll be back in 45 minutes.”
“Let Alan’s aunt get them for you.”
“Come on.” Stan raised the keys. “Let me do this.”
Silence.
“Fine, get snacks, be back soon.”
“Alright, I will.” Stan started going to the Winnebago but stopped. “You want anything?”
“Nah, I’ll just find something here.”
“Okay.” Stan walked over to the Winnebago and got in. He drove away.
Tim walked back into the house and sat down next to Veronica. Steve, Liz and Rod were sitting down on the other couch. Tim put his arm around Veronica.
“Now, let’s see.” Steve started. “What the hell is happening here.”
“Simple.” Rod raised an eyebrow. “Alan Crandall.”
“Stop.” Tim said. “How would Alan Crandall follow us here?”
“Easy, he hitched a ride.” Rod replied.
“Stop joking around.” Tim said.
“I’m being serious.” Rod replied.
“I don’t believe you, I think you’re killing everyone.”
Everyone looked at Tim then Rod.
“You think, I’m the killer.” Rod laughed. “Maybe, then again, I may not even know what you’re talking about.”
“Stop messing around, it's pretty damn obvious.” Tim retorted.
“Maybe you should ask Alan.” Rod said. His eyes were piercing.
“Okay.” Tim got up. Steve got up as well.
“Steve, what's up.”
“I’m gonna see Alan too. He seemed pretty damn sad.”
“Okay.”
Tim and Steve started going upstairs. A faint sound of music was coming upstairs. From Alan’s room. Tim walked to the door and knocked.
“Alan.” Tim asked. “I know you’re in there.”
“Yeah, talk to us.” Steve said.
Nothing. Only the music.
“Alan, really man.” Tim said.
“We know you’re sad but we want to talk to you.”
Moaning.
“What the f**k.” Tim asked Steve.
“Alan, what are you doing?” Steve asked.
“That’s it.” Tim opened the door.
What Tim and Steve saw was something that was shocking. Something that had not happened for centuries or less. Alan was screwing his own aunt.



© 2012 Alex Hunter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
Added on August 7, 2012
Last Updated on August 10, 2012
Tags: Death gruesome sad weird


Author

Alex Hunter
Alex Hunter

Palm Coast, FL



About
I like 80s films, like slasher and teen comedy. I love music from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s mainly. I like nature and walking as well. I'm a bassist and long to be in a band. And of course, I love wri.. more..

Writing
Death Race Death Race

A Story by Alex Hunter