Under the Gun

Under the Gun

A Chapter by Alex Hunter
"

With Tim and Steve freaked out, they leave with the others only to find the Winnebago parked and Stan missing. However, Stan isn't the way he used to be. Also, Steve decides to take control now

"

Chapter XIII
Under the Gun

“What the f**k!!!!” Tim and Steve shouted in unison.
“Guys!” Alan yelled. “Close the damn door!”
Tim and Steve closed the door very quickly. They then walked very fast down the stairs.
“What was with the yelling?” Rod asked.
“Alan-his aunt, naked-screwing.” Steve hopped on the couch.
Liz and Veronica turned to him as if he were crazy.
“It’s true.” Tim said.
“That’s sick!” Liz said.
“I would have never though Alan was this desperate after Sam.” Rod said.
“Damn it Rod, quit joking.” Tim said.
“Look, Richie and Tammy are dead and-” Rod stopped. “Where’s Stan.”
“Getting snacks.” Tim said. “He’ll be back in 20 minutes.”
“Unless he gets slaughtered.” Rod smiled.
“Jeez Rod, chill out.” Veronica said.
“Sorry Veronica, it’s just, there are more dead people than living. And their numbers are increasing. The living are getting rarer.”
Tim, Steve, and Veronica looked at Rod. Liz was paying no attention, she was looking at her nails.
“Rod, you’re creeping me out.” Veronica said.
“Why, because it's the truth.” Rod smiled. “Even the legendary Ian Fleming said you only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.”
“Stop quoting novels.” Steve said.
“Why Steve.” Rod looked at him menacing. “Is it because, death is staring you straight in the face.”
“Damn it Rod!” Tim yelled.
Rod laughed.
“Stop it man!” Tim shouted.
“Whatever Richards, but you out of all people know it’s true.” Rod chuckled.
“Guys, let’s take a walk.” Liz looked at Tim then Rod. “It’s best we get some fresh air, we lost Richie and Tammy so we need to relax.”
“Okay, hopefully we don’t find something gnarly out there.” Rod jumped up and walked towards the door.
“Let’s go.” Veronica grabbed Tim’s hand and they got up. Liz and Steve followed.

The air had gotten cooler since the last time they were outside, but Tim liked it. He couldn’t take his mind off Richie’s body. Beaten, bloodied, and broken. Tim was happy his glasses could shield the tears. This vacation sucked. And if anything bad happens, Tim felt as if he would run away, like a madman.

“Guys, how do we get out?” Rod looked back as he stopped at the gate.
“Easy, press the button.” Steve laughed.
Rod pressed the button and they walked out.
“This is gonna be fun!” Liz said.
“Yeah, it’s about to rain. Veronica rolled her eyes.
“Wait a second.” Steve stopped. “We’re in our pajamas!”
“Chill man, we’re not going anywhere.” Tim laughed.
“Stan left in his pajamas, f*****g idiot.” Rod sneered.
“Cut it out Rod.” Liz said. “You’ve been acting very mean this whole trip.”
“Like I care.” Rod laughed. “Elizabeth stop bitching at me.”
Tim looked at Liz. She put her head down.
“Where are we going anyway?” Steve laughed. Tim knew he was anxious to change the subject.
“Nowhere, just a walk.” Veronica said.
“Okay, just wanted to know, you know, just in case.”
“Steve you okay?” Rod asked. “You seem worried.”
“No, not at all.” Steve grinned.

“Why don’t we call the cops?” Tim asked quickly.

“Yeah, it seems weird that we haven’t contemplated it.” Steve added.

“If we do that, we’ll get arrested for withholding evidence, besides, I want to see the killer.” Rod said, adding a devilish laugh.


4 minutes passed of silence. Tim thought that this trip was making them very grim teenagers compared to the rambunctious way they usually were. However, as the group walked down the empty road filled with forest, Steve broke the silence.
“Guys, is that what I think it is.” His voice sounded shaky.
“What.” Tim looked forward and stopped.
It was the Winnebago, abandoned on the side off the road.
“Oh s**t, Stan!” Tim yelled as he ran towards the Winnebago. The rest immediately bolted after.
Tim got there and walked aboard the opening where the door once stood. Nobody was sitting at the wheel. The keys were inside the ignition still. The rest boarded.
“Damn it, where’s Stan?” Steve looked around.
“I don’t know, the keys are still here.” Tim pointed to the keys.
“Check the bedroom!” Veronica yelled.
Tim and Rod ran to the bedroom and pushed the curtains away. Nothing.
“F**k, I don’t think this is a joke.” Rod looked at Tim in anger.
Maybe Rod, is working with somebody. Tim thought.
“Let’s take this back.” Steve said as Tim and Rod left the bedroom.
“Okay.” Tim sat down in the lounge chair as Steve took the driver’s seat. Veronica, Liz and Rod sat in the 3 seat couch.

The ride back was in silence. The group was stunned by what was happening. Well, everyone but Rod. Maybe.
Steve went into the property after the gate had opened and drove into the driveway. He stopped short and Tim heard a thud after Steve had parked.
“Hang on.” Tim got up and went over to the bathroom door.
“What's up Tim?” Veronica said.
“Hopefully not what I think it is.” Tim said.
Tim slowly opened the bathroom door and then turned away in horror.
Veronica, Liz and Steve ran towards Tim and looked in the bathroom, they all turned away. Liz screamed.
“What is it?” Rod asked.
“Come see for yourself.” Steve motioned for him to come near.
Rod walked up and looked, he turned away.
What was in there was Stan. He had a meat cleaver embedded in his skull. His smashed glasses were on his lap, his blue pajama shirt covered with blood. His face was bloody as well.
Footsteps rushed up the stairs of the Winnebago. Alan. He was wearing a gold robe, black pajama bottoms and his blue cap.
“What's wrong guys, somebody mess up the bathroom.” He smiled and walked towards them. He took one look and then turned away.
“Holy f**k, what the hell is going on here!”
“We don’t know Alan, but I’m scared!” Liz whined.
“Yeah and how was f*****g you’re aunt?” Tim asked.
“What’s the matter with that?” Alan asked.
“She’s your aunt, the sister of your father and you banged her. That’s incest!” Steve yelled.
“Who gives a damn, we both wanted to do it.” Alan laughed. “And by the way Tim, it was amazing.”
“Dude, you’re sick.” Rod walked out of the Winnebago in disgust.
“Whatever.” Alan walked away.
Tim and the rest left the Winnebago. Steve grabbed the keys upon leaving.

Upon entering the house. Steve stopped walking.
“Everyone, take a seat, now.”
The group took a seat.
“We lost, Stan, Tammy and Rich.” Steve closed his eyes, to shield any tears. “Or we don’t know if Tammy’s dead yet, but hopefully not.”
“Hopefu-” Liz was cut off.
“Shut the f**k up Liz!” Steve yelled.
Liz frowned.
“Now, listen. We are the only ones left now; we have to play it cool. Stay together, and stay inside the house.”
“What kind of vacation is this?” Rod yelled.
“The vacation where you don’t die!” Steve retorted.
Thunder boomed.
“Like Stan told us, it's time to be runners. We’re gonna lure in this b*****d and gut him.”
“Runners? are you kidding!” Liz yelled. “Stan had to be high when he said that crap.”
“No, it was in the 1967 movie, Under the Gun.” Steve raised an eyebrow. “It wasn’t a cheap B movie, it was great one. It starred the great Warren Beatty as Sam Sterling and the beautiful Lana Wood as Joan Manning. Sam and Joan were this couple who went on vacation in the wilderness when they were being hunted by an insane guy played by Sir Laurence Olivier in an obscure role but nonetheless does a great job.”
“Holy s**t really?” Tim asked.
“Yep. And while camping, the couple are attacked by him after continuously being haunted by him during their 2 day trip before Joan suggest runners. Sam is initially reluctant but he gives in and Joan is used as bait. The insane guy is about to catch her when Sam jumps up and strangles the insane to guy to death. It could work, but we don’t use it yet, oh no, we wait for a day or two.
“S**t how do you know all this?” Veronica asked,
“All the movies I’ve taken girls, I remember every single one.” Steve smiled, proudly.
“Okay, so we wait.” Alan said.
“Yeah, kill or be killed.” Tim said.
“Ten bucks that’ll be a tag-line for a movie in, let’s say 1986.” Steve asked Tim.
“Oh you’re on for a loss now man.” Tim raised his hand and Steve shook it.
“No dumb bets right now.” Alan said. “We gotta stay safe, be on the lookout.”
“Yeah.” Veronica added. “We’re gonna survive.

Hours went by. Tim finished buttoning his green, black and white paisley shirt. He looked at the clock in his room. 3:29. He looked around the room, not knowing what to do. Steve was most likely right about the whole “Under the Gun” thing but who would the runner be? Tim left the room and walked down the stairs. It was only two days into the vacation and so much stuff had happened to them that Tim was practically going on the verge of insanity. Rod had already reached it though.

“What's for lunch?” Tim asked as he saw Veronica on the couch.
“Alan’s aunt is cooking pizza.” Veronica replied. She was wearing an orange and black floral long-sleeve button down shirt with matching bell-bottoms, black boots and a red scarf around her neck.
“Sounds good.” Tim sat down next to her and put his head on her shoulder.
“Guys, anyone know who the runners are gonna be?” Steve emerged from the kitchen. He was wearing a burgundy long sleeve button-down shirt with matching burgundy bell-bottoms and burgundy boots.
“I don’t know, but I’m afraid.” Veronica turned to Steve. “What if the savior doesn’t arrive in time.
“Don’t worry; I’m sure that he or she will come to the rescue of the runner in time, promise.” Steve smiled at Veronica. She smiled back.
“I’ll be right back.” Veronica got up and went to the kitchen.
“Tim man, how ya feelin, good hopefully.” Steve punched Tim on the shoulder.
“Okay, I still can’t get the images of Richie and Stan out of my head.” Tim shrugged.
“You’re not the only one man.” Steve said. “Hell, I even miss Stan, he wasn’t as bad as I thought he was.”
“Yeah, he was different, but a nice guy.” Tim said while putting his legs on the coffee table.
“And I of course miss Rich, like hell. I mean, when you’ve been friends with someone since 4th grade ya know-.” Steve was cut off.
“I know man, this trip sucks.” Tim looked up.
“And Tammy, if I ever find the guy who did this, I’ll kill em.” Steve pulled his switchblade out of his pocket. “I really will.”
“I see.” Tim said.
“Pizza’s ready!” Alan’s aunt yelled from the kitchen.

Tim and Steve got up and walked to the kitchen and grabbed plates. There were four pizzas, one with pepperoni and sausage, one with peppers, one with only cheese and one with mushroom and garlic.
“Thanks, Tabitha.” Steve said.
“You’re welcome Steve.” She smiled.
Tim got a slice of the pepper pizza, Steve got a slice of the meat pizza and Veronica got a slice of the plain. They sat down at the dinner table. Alan came in soon after. He was wearing a long sleeve button down red shirt with white bell-bottoms and black boots. He grabbed a slice of the mushroom pizza.
“How ya doing Alan?” Steve asked.
“Fine, you?”
“Alright.”
A minute passed before Rod and Liz came into the kitchen. Rod was wearing a beige turtleneck, bell-bottoms and white boots. Liz was wearing a long sleeve button down white shirt and overalls that went down to her upper thigh. Rod grabbed a slice of pepper pizza, Liz grabbed a meat pizza.
“Is that all of you?” Alan’s aunt asked, “Where’s everyone else.”
“Um.” Steve stuttered.
“Aunt Tabitha, Richie, Tammy and Stan are missing. We cannot find them anywhere.” Alan said.
“Oh my gosh.” Tabitha’s eyes got big.
“Do not worry, we called the cops. They’ll be having a search party okay.” Alan said.
“So what plans do you guys have tonight?” Alan’s aunt said, worried.
“Probably gonna get the Jacuzzi started.” Steve smiled.
Veronica smiled.
“How about 6 we do that, I need to rest.” Steve said.
“Okay sounds like a plan.” Liz smiled at Rod.
“Yeah.” Alan got up. “Thanks for the food, we’ll eat some more for dinner.”
“Okay.’ Alan’s aunt grabbed their plates.
“So, what time is it now?” Rod asked.
“Let’s see.” Steve turned to the clock. “3:47.”
“Okay, so let’s see, we can’t leave because of Crandall and the fact that it’s starting to rain so what's there to do instead of watching TV?” Rod asked.
“Let’s play a board game!” Liz said.
“Like what, we don’t know what the heck Alan has in store here.” Steve said.
“Here’s a Sorry board.” Tim pulled the game out of the drawer it was in.
“Okay, how bout, me, Tim and Veronica against you, Rod and Liz.” Steve said.
“Game on!” Alan said. “But we call red and yellow.”
“That’s fine with me.” Steve said and his took the pawns and set them in their homes.
“Let’s start.” Rod said as the group took their seats around the board.

The group played 3 rounds with Alan’s group winning 2 of the rounds, to Tim’s surprise. By the time they were finished, it was 5:33, mostly due to the fact that Alan had accidentally flicked one of his pawns off the board and it took him 35 minutes to find it. It was on the couch closest to the TV which made Alan feel dumb. Alan’s aunt had left again to pick up a new toaster as she felt that it was getting worn out.

“This game is gettin old.” Liz complained.
“Okay, okay.” Alan shook his head.
“Look, we are stuck in a house for the rest of this damn vacation, what do you expect us to do.” Rod raised an eyebrow.
“How bout we start the hot tub up.” Veronica said. “I don’t wanna wait too long.”
“Sounds good with me.” Steve said.
“Okay let’s get going.” Tim got up and ran upstairs.
Tim opened the door to his room and walked inside before closing the door. He opened a drawer and got out his blue and white swimsuit. He removed his clothing and got into it. He picked up the clothes off the ground and put them on top of the drawer. Veronica walked in as he walked out. Tim walked casually downstairs where he immediately met up with Steve who was already in his red and black bathing suit. He had a bottle of Coors in his hand.
“Tim, you ready man.” Steve smiled. “Already?”
“Yeah, aren’t you gonna wait until after dinner or even during dinner for one of those?”
“Tim, don’t worry, I’m probably gonna have another one, or two, you want one?”
“Not now, thanks.”
Alan, Veronica, Liz and Rod ran down the stairs. Steve walked over to the kitchen to get another beer.
“Who’s ready!” Alan yelled as he walked over to the sliding doors in the far back of the living room. He opened the doors and everyone rushed out.
“Start it up.” Liz said.
“Way ahead of ya.” Alan flicked the switch and the hot tub started up.
The group got in the hot tub.
“This is great.” Rod said as he relaxed.
“Yeah, it really is.” Veronica smiled.
Tim looked to his left and saw Steve stumble out the door. Immediately, Tim thought Steve was drunk.
“Wow, th-this looks, uh great.” Steve walked over to the group and fell into the hot tub.
Rod and Alan started laughing as Steve resurfaced.
“Alan, how come there’s no pool?” Liz asked,
“Beats me, I have no clue.”
Steve moved closer to Veronica.
“H-hey, you wanna know s-something.”
“Um Steve, how many beers have you had?”
“4.” Steve laughed,
“Hey Tim, we forgot towels, get some?” Alan asked.
“Yeah why not.” Tim got out.
Tim went into the house through the sliding doors and walked over to the closet next to the bathroom that had a sign with the word towels on it. He sighed and got 6 towels. He closed the door and returned outside.
The first thing he saw was Steve forcing himself on Veronica.



© 2012 Alex Hunter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on August 7, 2012
Last Updated on August 10, 2012


Author

Alex Hunter
Alex Hunter

Palm Coast, FL



About
I like 80s films, like slasher and teen comedy. I love music from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s mainly. I like nature and walking as well. I'm a bassist and long to be in a band. And of course, I love wri.. more..

Writing
Death Race Death Race

A Story by Alex Hunter