The truths hidden deep down

The truths hidden deep down

A Chapter by Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-

{Chapter 5}

The truths hidden deep down

 

“Just turn around…

There's nothing left

 

M

y movement to that white realm made thoughts clash inside of me, ‘What is happening?

Why is this happening?

Have I done anything wrong?

But why? I mean, this is not what I wanted, not what I imagined?!?

And besides I've done nothing wrong, what is this?

Where are these two voices?  Why did they disappear?

May somebody please answer me?"

 

All of these questions and much more wrestled together making my mind all baffled and bewildered, apart from that odd whiteness which blinded my eyes and suck my sanity, but believe me I deserve much more than this petty confusion!

 

Maséro: Who's there?

Who said that?’

 

‘Is that your idea of justice?

Becoming a monster?’

 

Maséro: ‘Who are you?  Show yourself!’

 

You just swore to realize justice no matter what, yet obviously you heard nothing of what I've said, did you; Maséro?’ He said as he re-showed himself in that same glittering manner he previously did.

 

Maséro: "It's you!" I said with relief.

 

The appearance of that lofty angel gave an unexplainable relief and comfort that soon faded to black

 

Maséro: ‘What is this place?

What's happening?’

 

Don't you remember your “speech” at our last assembly?"

 

Maséro: ‘Certainly I do! And I honored my pledge; he's getting his fair punishment as we speak, what seems to be wrong? What is this?’

 

‘If that was the nature of justice, then god helps us all! Come with me’

 

He was so calm and firm, while I felt as something is eating me; the lost soul! I walked towards him with even more clashing questions colliding within me, but the reverence of the situation shut my mouth and tied my tongue.  When suddenly, a rapid wave of dazzling light hit me; spreading the same feeling I had whenever I used my powers all over me, yet this time, it was much more powerful, it even numbed my entire body for a while, then I found myself in a strange farm.  At first; I thought it was my village, but I knew every inch of my soul mate and that farm was no part of it!

 

Maséro: ‘What is this place?’ I asked while looking around.

 

‘How about you discover it on your own?’ He replied as he vanished not any different than the last one.

 

Maséro: ‘Wait please! I want…’ I repeated hoping he would stop, but of no avail.

 

After that, I had no option but to wander around trying to recognize that farm or to see a familiar face; I kept walking between the orchards till I spotted a small shack at the end of the farm, honestly; that farm and shack were not much different than those that were in my village.

 

Voice II: ‘Where are we?!’

 

Maséro: ‘Wow! Bummer!! You scared me, where did you two go to?’

 

Voice I: ‘I don't know what happened, there's just a blank space in my memory, I don't remember anything, one moment we were at that horrible hell then suddenly something hit me and… We're here!!’

 

Voice II: ‘Seriously though, what happened?’

 

Maséro: ‘After we were finished from that hooligan and tried to leave, I found myself in a place of infinite whiteness, and that lofty angel popped out of thin air, and said some misty words, then brought me here! Can any of you tell what this place is?’

 

Voice I: "’Clearly it's a farm!’

 

Voice II: Hallelujah! How brilliant!! We're saved! We know it’s a farm, you sharp-witted!’

 

Maséro: ‘I mean what's so special about it? Why did the angel brought as specifically here?"

 

Voice II: ‘Kid, we are you! If you don't know, how the hell will we?!’

 

Voice I: ‘I see a shack over there, let's go and check it out.’

 

I walked toward the shack while looking around, it was a fascinating surrounding indeed, it pumped the memories of my village back to my cerebration, which helped clear my mind and drain the horror I witnessed before, honestly, I wished those charming few steps would never end, but like everything else… They did!   

I reached the shack, circled around it; then looked through the window, I was shocked! Not slightly shocked, No; deeply shocked! You can't imagine who I saw?! It was who I just called a hooligan; sitting on the ground in a paltry, rimose hut eating simple food with a young woman. At the first sight; I failed to recognize her, but when I looked carefully, I knew her! I barely recognized her but she was his wife.  I can't describe my bewilderment back then. I stepped back, with a tempest of contrary thoughts…

 

Voices II: ‘Is that man our Mr. Pestar?

What the heck is he doing here?

Why is he dressing and living like this?’

 

Voice I: ‘Let's go in and see more!’

 

Maséro: ‘What do you mean "let's go in"? They'll see us!’

 

Voice II: Boy, you're dead… Remember?’

 

Maséro: ‘Oh Sorry! I forgot, I haven't gotten used to this sort of thing yet, also, stop calling me a boy or a kid! I am 21 years old!’

 

 

I walked back to the shack through the door; it was a shack with all the word means, made of mud and simple wood, looks and smiles poor. However, I sensed happiness and love flying wildly in that miserable-looking hut; I turned my sight towards him, he was smiling in a way I never saw on his face, the birds of happiness and delight were soaring around him, he was like a pail full of joy, he was as happy as it could be; his happiness was simple and pure, it was a duplicate of our pillaged one, it was a genuine rural bliss which any rustic can recognize.

All of those aspects stuck astonishment and doubt in me, is that the same man I knew?

Why is he like this?

What's going on here?!?

Isn't he supposed to be where I left him??

This is just too mystic?

This is just too queer!!

 

Maséro: ‘What is this?

Where are we exactly?’

 

Voice II: ‘Don't talk to me; I'm as mixed-up as you are!’

 

Voice I: ‘I think I have an idea regarding this situation.’

 

Voice II: ‘Then what are you waiting for? Spit it out!’

 

Voice I: ‘You know! You need to be a little more polite, I won't…’

 

Maséro: ‘Guys, guys! Concentration, please!

What were you trying to say?’

 

Voice I: ‘I think this is Mr. Antonio before we met him!’

 

Voice II: ‘Before? This can't be true! Even when we first met him; he was so bloody rich! How can a man descend from such immense richness to ignoble poorness, I mean it could happen, but not around here!?’

 

Maséro: ‘I don't know incisively! But this matter is ticking my doubt!’

 

Voice I: ‘Don't you think the angel hasn't brought us here for naught? Let's go back in and check more’

 

I went back in with feeling of deep anxieties floating quietly inside of me. I entered the shack once again, yet no one was inside!

 

Maséro: ‘Where are they?’

 

Voice II: ‘I don't know! They were right here when we left!’

 

Voice I: ‘Perhaps they left after we departed?’

 

I started to roam around almost aimlessly just searching for the reason the angel brought me for, it wasn't quite a tour you know; I just looked around and walked a few steps, when I stepped on it, a brown, worn-out book. I picked it up, removed the dust off it, it had the words "Dear Agony…" written all over it, I was about to open it, when I heard sounds of violent wrangle coming from outside, as I went out to check.

 

A Strange man: ‘Are we ready?’

 

Pestar: ‘Yes, We're ready! Will you honor your part of the deal?’

 

A Strange man: ‘Of course I will! Now come with me, there're too many things to discuss’

 

After that, Mr. Pestar and his wife climbed up to the jeep and sat in the trunk, at first the strange man refused her company, but after Mr. Pestar’s insistence he knuckle under and let her in, then the truck moved while they looked back at their farm with deep woe, I sensed great sorrow in their deed, so, out of curiosity, I followed them to discover more about this mysterious situation I'm left to face.  At first, I didn't know what was the cause of all that grief which flew around them hunting down their old birds of happiness; several assumptions crossed my mind but there was no way to proof any of them. However, due to my rash nature I soon discovered…

I kept following the jeep which weirdly felt to be moving very slowly, or I guess it was I who mustn't speak of weirdness. However; abruptly, everything started to evanesce and vanish until everything completely disappeared, leaving me in a place full of dominating darkness.  In point of fact; I've become familiar and comfortable with darkness and gloominess, because in my terrene    days; they were my only friends, my only truthful companions which helped me through my lonely nights, and took my hand through the most dreary situations until I stood back on my legs. No creature did that for me, none! I am not blaming anyone, everybody barely cared for himself, but I was a teenager and company and care were my most urgent needs which if not satisfied will raffishly draw silhouettes of a hollow man and a troubled personality.

 

Maséro: ‘Wow! What just happened?’

 

Voice I: ‘Maybe the film broke?!’

 

Voice II: (Utters a fake mocking titter) ‘Very funny!’

Maséro: ‘Where have they gone to?’

 

Voice I: ‘Alas, I don't know my dear! It may…What's that in your hand?’

 

Maséro: ‘I found it on the floor of Mr. Antonio's shack; I don't know what it is, but it looked interesting!’

 

I opened the book and started to read, it was Mr. Pestar’s diary, he wrote almost everything from the days of his ingenuous childhood until the day he died.  At first, I read the first two papers, but then I paged through till I reached the last paper which stunned me profoundly, he wrote what he felt when he died!! He described his illness, agony and death like if he was a spectator. Withal, this isn't the strangest part, what perplexing me till now; was the fact that whenever I read a single word; I felt the same feeling the word stands for!! Like if I was him! Just if the book was a part of his soul telling its tale.

I used to think that after I die I'll know no pain or sorrow. That I'll head directly to heaven where the good rests. What I didn't expect is to work as a full-time detective with no single clue about what's going on! Or what I'm hired to do?!?

And that’s not even half of it, that book was indeed one mystic piece of clue which launched me on an adventure soon revealed the hidden truth that angel wanted me to dig for.

After thinking! Couldn't he just say so; instead of leaving me clashing between lost questions and mutilated facts.

 

I kept paging through the book till I spotted a chapter he titled "The beginning of my end" the same chapter that preceded my journey to the truth, what a cheerful title?!?

 

‘I thought life would keep smiling at my face, yet I guess nothing lasts forever, it all started when he…"

Suddenly, a new scene started to form in the same way the previous one faded, revealing the true face of everything which I failed to realize with all the power in the world…

 



© 2013 Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
Added on February 3, 2013
Last Updated on February 3, 2013
Tags: Truth, death, paranormal, thriller, pain, tyranny, lost, voices, slash


Author

Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-
Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-

Amman, Middle East, Jordan



About
"A poet from the dark realm, from the world of Gothic hymns" Please visit my website http://adamnlebzo.wix.com/ronnin-warrior Name: Adam lebzo Age: 21 Hobbies: 1 Ninjutsu, Kung fu shaolin, Ji.. more..

Writing