The darkest secrets

The darkest secrets

A Chapter by Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-

{Chapter 6}

The darkest secrets

 

“Dear Agony…

Just let go of me”

V

 

oice II: ‘Ok! This thing is giving me the creepy!’

 

Voice I: ‘What now? Won't this nightmare end?’

 

Maséro: ‘I don't know! But this book is definitely not ordinary, it doesn't belong where we found it, this book must be the key for all of this.’

 

I guess it was the only right thing I said so far and whom could blame me really?! I don’t believe any person in my feet would’ve done anything rather different, I mean, how would he? You are lurched suddenly into a world you may have never believed in thought your “first” life, and in lieu of “resting in peace” you are being haunted by your deplorable past, yet this time in incarnation!

Anyway, the new scene seemed at the beginning to be a duplicate of the last one, just like every incident, feeling, pain, Oh wait! Exclude pain! My pain used to come in several flavors! Everything I’ve endured through my life just another “duplicate” planting in more despair and anguish and hurdling a drear tomorrow.

 

Voice II: Slap me if I'm wrong! But Isn't this picture familiar?’

 

Maséro: ‘This is the same farm we were in!!’

 

Voice I: ‘No, look! The grass is shorter than the one in the previous scene, it is the same farm, but I think this scene is some time earlier.’

 

I snuffed around to get wind of what I'm meant to do and why I'm here this time, yet it appeared like a peaceful rural surrounding! The farm was quite vast with charming polychromatic views, kinks, curls, and the same magnificent smell I always used to enjoy.

I ventured up a little hill and threw my sight to the horizon, not much was waiting there, men and women laughing, plowing, and spreading seeds together with the sparrows of bliss soaring above, and young, blossoming girls playing and fooling around the field’s strawman with all the mellow of the world. Regardless, I glimpsed a flock of ravens packing upon an old tree on the outskirts of the farm, the tree was almost dead and that really fits them for ravens love dead things. Then they took off abruptly and landed on the strawman ignoring the girls’ presence. Ravens don’t usually mess about in groups or flocks, maybe a couple of them may hang around nothing more, those hunched bad omen heralds are really harmless to humans, where I come from, there alien intelligence tells them not to chafe these creatures but as they pack they strike fear and a sense of discomfort, and at the sight the girls ran away, although the crows meant no harm, merely yanking a snack, still their black and indigo colours and eyes leak fear in innocent hearts no matter what their intentions are.

Children are so sensitive and reason or sense has no priority neither in judging a matter nor in acting by it. Except the crows prodigious behavior there was nothing wrong or even suspicious. On the other hand, just like he said "Nothing lasts forever".  Suddenly, in an odd yet familiar way, a jeep rolled down towards the farm, with four men in it, nd it, one of them was fancy dreeseda very familiar way, a jeep rooled down wowrads the and one of them was fancily dressed, also his face was familiar, I couldn't recognize him at first, but when the jeep parked and he stepped down; I knew him. He was the same man who had an argument with Mr. Pestar antecedently.

 

‘So Pestar, Is our share ready?’ A young man who stepped down from the jeep said

 

‘I told you I can't get your money now, the harvest is not ready yet, and even if it was; we need more time to reap it, sell it, and finally give you your share, so please give us more.’

 

"Excuses! Excuses! Excuses! That's all what you vile rustics are good at." The gaudy man said.

‘Don't you think we gave you enough time?

Do you remember? Or do I have to refresh your silly, dodo memory? It was I who saved you all from the worst hits of nature, my charities are overflowing you all, and this is how you pathetic, sloven idiots repay my benevolence’ he added

 

‘Please Mr. Diego, don't get us wrong! We do appreciate your kindness and overwhelming geniality.  Nevertheless, due to these serious arid conditions we couldn't stick to the dead line, and as you can see we are working hard to finish all the work, yet the yield need more time to ripen, so please…’

 

‘Not enough! I will wait no more!! You must harvest the entire yield immediately, I have unfinished business which needs more refunding, thus I need my money now’ he shouted

 

‘But Mr. Diego If we reaped the yield now, we won't have seeds to plant next year; so we will not have any yield for the next year, besides, the harvest is not ready yet.  Therefore, no one would pay a good price for it, so please I beg you to reconsider."

 

‘I spoke my word!’ He said while turning his head arrogantly then walked back to the jeep.

 

In that moment, my entire feelings collapsed, I didn't know to which side I should lean, but deep inside I tended to Mr. Pestar’s side as his position scattered the rust off my memory and reminded me of our old situation which was no different of what I witnessed. I tried to use my powers, but it became of no use, I did just like the previous times, as I tried to pull him towards me and grab, but no matter how hard I tried nothing seemed to be happening, I guess I became a spectator with no right to interpose.  I only had the luxury to watch silently.

 

‘Ok Scumbags! Start working!’ One of the men shouted

 

‘Move! Move! We don't have the whole day’ He added while shooting random bullets up into the air.

 

That scene made my entire soul boil in rage; I just hoped I had one big hummer to pound his head with. I guess such scenes and acts do turn my cursed feelings on. How not? And I lived more than 10 years under fire, more than 10 years witnessing and suffering persecution and oppression, so I guess whenever I see such… such… I just can't find the right words to describe what's going on in my mind. I just can't hold myself whenever I see these kinds of emotions and acts, not anymore.   Previously, I was forced to remain silent and ignore everything I saw, yet now, after I broke out from those mundane boundaries, I can't! I won't! Now that I have the power, I'm free to act as I like, As I'm supposed to. However, I wish from the bottom of my soul that I did this when I had to… Huh! I guess I too, can't escape the fact that I'm an imperfect, powerless human.

 

I tried to help them, to do something, but I became as useless as the old times, just a minor spectator watching powerlessly, analyzing and judging blindly on the facts which he, with his modest concept, may conclude. I was clashing between my weakness and the mystic, marred facts when he shouted:

 

‘No, stop please! I'll do it! I'll do it!’ Mr. Pestar yelled

 

‘What did you say?’ That Diego guy said

 

‘I'll do whatever you want, just… Just don't do this! Leave my friends! Leave my family alone and I would do it!’

 

Voice II: ‘Do What?!’

Maséro: "Golly!! Is this thing going to become regular? You scared the heck out of me!’

 

Voice II: ‘What do you want me to do? Pep before I speak? Or to put a bell around my neck? Or should I…’

 

Voice I: ‘Hey Loquacious! Back to reality, please!’

 

‘Ok! Now we're back to common sense! Be ready at the end of the week, I have some things in mind, I need to accomplish before dealing with you, we'll come and pick you up then. You are good! But you need more extra training before sending you to hunt sheep’. The arrogant man said as he signaled for his men who sprang back to the jeep with him and hit the road.

 

‘Ah! I guess this tyranny won't end unless I do what he wants’ Mr. Pestar sighed.

 

‘No! No! This can't be the only solution! Wait! Wait! We can take advantage of the time you'll stay with him and reap the yield ending this bloody obstacle’. His wife suggested.

 

‘It’s for naught! He doesn't care about the yield, he wants me!

This entire propaganda was simply a wicked plan to bend me, and I guess it worked! I finally realized that this eloquence and diplomacy of mine which were my gift all the past years will become my very curse!!

I knew from the first time when he started talking and dragging me into deep conversations that he's not intending to do anything pacifying, yet I continued on, because I had to defend and protect all of you with all the weapons I had, and now his cruel and dark intention is brought to light, just as I suspected’.

 

 

‘What are you talking about? What is he up to?’ she wondered

 

‘He's intending to turn me into a beast, into a cold-hearted monster just like him’.

 

‘What do you mean? Why would he do that?’

 

‘It's very evident! He's become too old to continue running his dirty businesses! And he evidently know he won’t live forever, he wants to find someone to replace him when he dies, and must have thought of his son, but I guess that rebellious, oafish and philanderer kid is not rising to his standards and unfortunately I guess I do".

 

‘No! No way! Who can you hand yourself to him knowing he'll do all of this, you can't…’

 

‘I have to! There's no other solution… I… Have to!’

 

I can't forget the tremendous fear which usurped me the moment I heard all of this, I just stood still motionlessly as the entire scene vanished swiftly in front of my eyes just like it faded before. The clashing questions started to form one big query! "Have I oppressed him?"

The thought of this possibility alone terrified my entire mind, my utmost fear, every sane person's fear, is to become what he hate and despise the most… Huh, how odd things loop!

 

"Is that the same Mr. Antonio I used to know?"

"But this man is full of pure love and his warm halo is spreading comfort and self-confidence all around, this is not the man I once knew?!?"

"Have I oppressed him?"

"What is all of this?"

"Did I really… "

 

 

Voice II: "Hey, kid… Are you still here?"

 

Maséro: "Huh… Yea… Yea, so what do you think?"

Voice II: "About what?"

 

Maséro: "About the theory of flying saucers!!! About what we just seen, of course?"

 

Voice II: "Nothing, just trivial chit-chats and a waste of our time"

 

Voice I: "How could you say that? After all of this?

Personally, I don't know, this whole thing is too mysterious.  Besides, I think we need to investigate more, I hope my creepy suspicions would be proven wrong".

 

Voice II: "Hey, boy… I think you need to read the next chapter.   Obviously, this is how this thing works.  Weird, isn't it?!?"

 

Voice I: "I guess we're not in the most suitable judges for weirdness in our current position, are we?"

 

Although those two was trying to lighten the situation's gravity, I guess, it didn't do the trick with me, fear of being wrong and the half facts which were starting to whole far different from how I hoped, stressed and confused my mind and soul.  However, I re-opened the book in order to discover the end of this, and honestly; I just hope I didn't…

 



© 2013 Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on February 3, 2013
Last Updated on February 3, 2013
Tags: lost, tyranny, pain, thriller, paranormal, death, Truth, voices, slash


Author

Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-
Adam Lebzo -RonninWarrior-

Amman, Middle East, Jordan



About
"A poet from the dark realm, from the world of Gothic hymns" Please visit my website http://adamnlebzo.wix.com/ronnin-warrior Name: Adam lebzo Age: 21 Hobbies: 1 Ninjutsu, Kung fu shaolin, Ji.. more..

Writing