Chapter 1 - Time Killer

Chapter 1 - Time Killer

A Chapter by Ahira Jen

“Rumours say that there is an online RPG game called ‘Rakku Game’. It has been speculated that the game is only accessible from midnight onwards and only lasts until 4 a.m. After that the game cannot be found until the following midnight. It has been reported that gamers have mysteriously disappeared after a 1 hour session of the game and up till this day, the first known victim of this game has not been found. To where and how the game claims it victims, researches and police are still in the mist of finding out the truth.”


Iruha scoffed after reading the magazine article aloud while sitting on a desk, “That sounds so fake,” He plopped it onto a nearby desk and said, “I mean people mysteriously disappearing after playing some weird game that is probably a hoax? Come one people, get real!”


Shigeru slammed the table with the magazine article on it, “Then explain what had happened to Haku. Before he disappeared he did mention a game that he found around midnight whilst searching for some new games to play.”


“Keep Haku out of this!” snapped Asami, “He hasn’t disappeared yet…he’s probably on a trip with his friends, overseas maybe and forgot his phone…!”


“But he did say he found a game called ‘Rakku Game’! It could be connected to the article that �"”

 

“I don’t want to hear it!”


Asami Yura from class 2-D, a second year here at Mizura High School. She is the girlfriend of Haku Tsubaki from class 3-B. Asami is the cutie type of girl who’s outgoing and easy to mix with. She’s great at sports although she might be seen as an airhead most of the time because of her appearance. Different hairstyles everyday but her favourite is tying all her hair to the side of her left ear.


“Don’t speak of Haku like he is really gone. I won’t believe that Haku is gone no matter how much you people insist on it!” she snapped once again.


Speaking of Haku, he is a melancholy type of guy. Despite his depressing attitude, he is quite friendly and thoughtful of his friends. His jet black hair is always in a shabby state and his fringe is partially covering the right side of his eye. He hides behind a pair of nerdy glasses but when you take them off he looks like a male model especially when his hair is combed back.


His skin is rather pale because of the long hours he spends behind closed curtains playing FPS games with Iruha. The one thing that intrigues me though, how the bloody heck did he even get that ‘male model’ body build when he is the shut in type?


“What about you Kazu?” Shigeru shrugged, “A top class player like you yourself should know something about this right?”


There goes Shigeru Hayashi. Even though being a first year here she does know quite a sum of information about the seniors and teachers here. I guess no exceptions were made when you’re being called the school’s ‘information dealer’.


“Top class player?” laughed Iruha sarcastically, “He can’t even get past the 5 point mark on Blabby Bird!”


Urgh, Blabby Bird. Why would people even like that game? It’s a bloody game where you let your pet ‘bird’ somewhat swim and jump over hurdles while swimming. Who the bloody eff enjoys playing such a senseless game?!


“Hey watch what you say! He on the national team on numerous international competitions hosted by Ream, the best gaming platform there is.” boasted Shigeru.


Shigeru is well known for being the information dealer of our school but she is also known for that loud mouth of hers. Even though being rather annoying most of the time, she is a fun friend to be around with. Dyed orange hair with yellow highlights at the ends. A horrendous match I would say but it looks somewhat good on her.


Shigeru turned towards me, “So, Kazu, do you know something about this mysterious ‘Rakku Game’ that has been circling around lately?”


“No, not really. In my opinion though I agree with Iruha. It does sound like a hoax and it probably is. As for Haku, I have no answers for that. All I can say that the last time I heard from him was around 1 in the morning,” not wanting to hurt Asami’s feelings I discontinued what I was about to say.


“Please do continue,” Asami said while biting her lips, “I want…to know what happened to my Haku.” She started playing with her fingers, a tall tail sign that she wants to know more about the matter but might not have the courage to accept the upcoming truth.


“If you insist,” I hesitated before I continued, “He called me at 1 in the morning to tell me about this ‘Rakku Game’ he found while searching for some new games to play online. Of course I wanted to know more about the game myself so I requested him to send me the link through an online chatting website.”


I cleared my throat before continuing, “But before he could send me the link I heard static sounds from his side of the line. I called out for him several times. Before the call abruptly ended, I heard a voice saying ‘You and your friends are next.’


A moment of silence swept over the classroom. “T-That sounded something like you would hear from a horror show…right…?” Shigeru said nervously, having the ‘I’m-literally-scared-now’ expression littered all over her face.


“Woah, woah. Sounds like we have ourselves a time killer!” Iruha said excitedly, “So did the caller from the other side do anything else after that?”


“No,” I said, “If he were I would not be standing here right now.”


“Wait…a ‘he’?” asked Asami.


“It actually sounded encrypted but it was more towards a coarse voice of a guy.”


Iruha leaned against a wall and crossed his arms, “Did you get the link in the end though, Kazu?”


“Unfortunately.”


“I guess that settles it,” Iruha shaped his index finger and thumb into a handgun, “Alright team. We have ourselves an interesting game to kill our boredom with.” He pointed his index finger at me and said, “Bang.”



© 2015 Ahira Jen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hello Ahira,

Nice mysterious idea! I think I will read the next chapter. A few suggestions:
- write out numbers, for example 1 hour -> one hour
- you make a character ask: "it could be connected to this article", well if it is about the same game than evidently it is connected.
- consider writing out the abbrevations, not al your readers will be avid gamers and might not know what RPG, FPS and REAM means.
- take some time to proofread your writing, because it contains a lot of grammar, tense and syntax errors which make it a sloppy read.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Sesame.

@followsesame on Twitter
www.themagiccave.com

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hello Ahira,

Nice mysterious idea! I think I will read the next chapter. A few suggestions:
- write out numbers, for example 1 hour -> one hour
- you make a character ask: "it could be connected to this article", well if it is about the same game than evidently it is connected.
- consider writing out the abbrevations, not al your readers will be avid gamers and might not know what RPG, FPS and REAM means.
- take some time to proofread your writing, because it contains a lot of grammar, tense and syntax errors which make it a sloppy read.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Sesame.

@followsesame on Twitter
www.themagiccave.com

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

508 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 8, 2015
Last Updated on May 8, 2015