Chapter 3 - Kazuki Shinora, Kurumi Shinora

Chapter 3 - Kazuki Shinora, Kurumi Shinora

A Chapter by Ahira Jen

As I walked down a familiar path, old memories came surging back like it just happened yesterday. I looked to my left and the old cherry blossom tree was starting to bud, indicating spring was around the corner. The river next to the cherry blossom tree where all the fond memories of me and my younger sister took place. We would often get scolded by mom for swimming in the river.


I slowly paced down the alleyway lined with stone walls. I noticed chips and cracks were starting to form on Old Granny’s place as I walked by. Old Granny, that lovely old widow who has taken care of me and my younger sister when we were younger. Back then our parents were always  When dad passed away 5 years ago, Old Granny decided to care for us while mom was overseas working. Old Granny is really kind and always has a smile on her wrinkly face. I loved her cooking and I still do until today.


“Hey, Old Gran! You in?” I shouted from Old Granny’s back gate.


A few minutes passed and an old woman came out to greet me, “Ah, sonny. It has been so long since I last saw you…look how much you’ve grown already.”


Old Granny looked rather pale and malnourished, her legs trembled as she walked towards me even though she was holding onto her walking stick. To me Old Granny still looked the same. Grey hair, purple spectacles which were always at the tip of her nose and a tied up grey bun.


“My, my. You look so grown up now,” Old Granny smiled at me as she reached her hand out to touch my face.


“Hey Old Gran. Sorry I couldn’t drop by recently,” I bended down and she touched my cheek, “Busy with school work. By the way, Kurumi is doing fine. She just got into the middle school she wanted and she’s doing great.”


“Ah…that’s good. Young boys and girls need to be happy all the time. Otherwise you’ll get wrinkles like granny!” she laughed.


“Maybe true…but I wouldn’t bother myself with wrinkles. I already have enough work on my hands to earn me a few strands of grey hair.” I chuckled.


“Tsk, tsk. Sonny you should be going back now, it’s getting late. You have to take care of Kurumi don’t you?”


“She’s already 15, Old Gran. Besides, her cooking is delicious.”


“If you say so. Give me some of her cooking some time okay?”


“I will.”


After I bid my goodbye with Old Gran I continued to proceed back to my house. My thoughts kept drifting back to Old Gran. She’s old and weak and she lives alone. On top of that she looked like she has not been eating properly. Maybe I should give Old Gran some of Kurumi’s cooking when I go to school.


After a turn or two, a house came into view. A simple terrace house. A small garden with a few plants along the walls and a bicycle parked at the front gate. I entered the compound and unlocked the front door, “I’m home.”


I took off my shoes and slipped on my comfortable slippers. Despite being rather small for my overgrown feet I resented when I thought about disposing it.


“Welcome home, Kazu. I’m in the kitchen preparing dinner and please do clean your room. I’m not your housemaid.” shouted Kurumi. I could hear sizzling noises accompanied by a smell I knew too well. Rice cake pizza for dinner it is!


“Got it Kurumi. By the way have you logged out of my account after creating a new character in the game that was released 2 hours ago?” I asked as I headed to my room.


“Yeah I did.”


“How long did you took to level it up?”


“Oh in about an hour?” said Kurumi, “By the way it’s already equipped with the best gear.”


“You are the best sis. Ever.”


“Thank you,” Kurumi said with a flirtatious tone.


I dropped my bag onto my futon and piled all my dirty clothes into the closet, “That settles it.” I switched on my desktop and plopped myself onto the chair. I typed in my 30-word long password (because I’m paranoid of people hacking into it) and I launched the game.


‘Berserk Launcher’ was just released 2 hours ago. Since I couldn’t make it back on time for the official release time I had Kurumi download the game patch from Beta to Official from a link I got when I was in school. The link was from the company who produced the game. The e-mail said beta testers would have the Official link 1 hour prior to the official release time.


Basically saying, I had already gotten the official ‘Berserk Launcher’ 1 hour before the release time and Kurumi spent an hour to max out the level and get the best gear. Man, my sister is scary. She had already ranked my character as the first before players could enter the game. Not only that, I don’t see other beta testers who have made it to the max level.


I let out a slight smirk, “Kurumi my dear sister, you sure are one bloody hell of a gamer.”



© 2015 Ahira Jen


Author's Note

Ahira Jen
Remember to read Chapter 2 - Hot Blooded Iruha before moving onto this one~!
Check out my facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ahira-Jen/832839086771666 for updates!

Peace out V

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
Added on May 13, 2015
Last Updated on May 13, 2015