Chapter 4 - One More Round Sis! (Part 1)

Chapter 4 - One More Round Sis! (Part 1)

A Chapter by Ahira Jen

My name is Kazuki Shinora. I am a senior at Mizuki High School. My classmates are Iruha Fuujisaki and Haku Tsubaki. The three of us are hard-core gamers. Haku and Iruha love FPS (First Person Shooter) games whereas I love RPG (Role Playing Games) and MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games). I do play FPS games with Iruha and Haku during the summer break and we compete in national and international tournaments together.


“Sis, where did you get the Derlings from?” I asked Kurumi as she made her way into my room. (Derlings is a type of in game currency where players use to exchange it for items and goods). Kurumi took off her apron and leaned over beside me, “Oh, the Derlings are from farming some high levelled bosses. Not only that, they give great loots and prizes.”


“And what exactly were the boss’s name that you farmed…?” (A note to readers, farming is a term used by gamers who repeatedly attack or engage in battle with the same mob, enemy or boss to obtain loot because of its great drops.)


Kurumi scratched her head and replied, “Er…it should be Erendel and Denmiz, I think. One boss was a cyclops and the other looked like Sagittarius, one of the major consonants.”


When she said that I was beyond baffled. Those bosses have a unique fighting style and the patterns change on a regular basis while you are still engaged with them. On top of that those are hidden bosses. I repeat, HIDDEN BOSSES.


“What’s wrong, Kazu?” Kurumi looked at me with a worried expression. I wasn’t able to reply her for a while and I doubt anything was left in my brain. My loveable and cheerful not to mention ‘girlish’ sister, had butt-kicked 2 hidden and epic bosses and even farmed them. Wow.


I regained my posture before I said, “Next time sis…I think you’ll need to teach big bro a thing or two about gaming…”


Kurumi looked at me with a confused look, “Why’s that big brother? You’re the brilliant gamer. And besides you’re the one who has taught me everything I have to know about gaming.”


“True…but still…”


“No buts. You’re the one who taught me all the tricks of the trade. So if I’m the brilliant one then you’re a prodigy.” Kurumi shot back.


I sighed, “Very well. I presume you’ve also created a character of your own?”


  Kurumi replied with a smile, “Yup! So I can play with Kazuki.”


“You’ve updated ‘Berserk Launcher’ on my laptop too?”


“Without a doubt”


“Good,” I said as I pulled my laptop from underneath my desk, “Launch the game. Let’s play a round together before dinner.”


Kurumi’s face lit up, “Okay!” and she smiled brightly at me. She pressed the on button on my laptop and it started to boot up. The best gaming laptop ever to be created, K-243. Best graphics card, biggest ram processor and it is a duel-cored laptop. I won K-243 last year from an international championship in Sydney. At that time I just thought I would join the championship for fun. Who knew I would take it dead seriously and won something epic.


Her fingers ran though the keyboard as she typed in the password. Kurumi launched the game and logged into her character, “By the way I’ve already befriended your character with mine,” she moved the cursor over my character name in the friends list and right-clicked it. A small box appeared on the screen and she clicked the ‘Duel’ option.


Just then a box appeared on my desktop screen which stated, “‘Mist’ has challenged you to a duel. Do you accept?”


“‘Mist’?” I looked at my sister, “Not bad, just that it happens to be your character name for almost every character you’ve created.”


“Hey I like the name okay. Unlike you, forever ‘DarkFlame21’. At least I have some variations.” Kurumi shot back.


I ignored her comment and I moved my cursor over to the ‘Yes’ option of the small box and clicked it. The small box disappeared and a timer was set for 5 seconds. “I’m not going to hold back, even though you’re my sister.” I shot her my game face.


“Same goes to you, brother.” Kurumi shot back at me with her warning smile. I felt a slight shiver on my back. That smile that she shot meant she knew she had the situation in the bag.



© 2015 Ahira Jen


Author's Note

Ahira Jen
If there're grammar or syntax or any kind of errors, please do give a review. It helps a lot!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
Added on May 20, 2015
Last Updated on May 20, 2015