CHapter 6 - Explanations and Excuses (Part 1)

CHapter 6 - Explanations and Excuses (Part 1)

A Chapter by Ahira Jen

We finished our dinner in silence. I helped my sister to wash the plates. While she was drying them up she casually asked me, “Is Haku involved in this?” I nearly dropped the plate I was holding onto the floor. “Why do you ask, sis?”


“For starters,” she said as she put a dried plate back on the plate rack, “Haku usually comes over during the weekends, almost every weekend to be precise. He hasn’t been coming by lately and he isn’t the type to just disappear without a word.”


“Err…” She did make a point though. When Haku does not come over to my place during the weekends he would probably text me and Kurumi. This is because when he does come by my house, he usually stays over until Monday. I have no clue why Haku does that but we do enjoy the extra company around.


“His last message was about a month ago,” Kurumi added, “Since then we haven’t seen him nor heard from him. So I take it that he is either involved in this matter, had to go away because of some unknown reason or became one of the game’s victims.”


So there you have it. Detective Kurumi Shinora has cracked yet another one of her brother’s secret. My sister’s deduction and observation skills were highly capable. On top of that she has been fully aware of her surroundings no matter where she is or what time it is.


I sighed, “You got me sis. As a matter of fact, Haku is involved in all of this. Both as an investigator and as a victim.”


“Investigator? Of what?”


I finished washing the last plate, “Why don’t we take this to my room?” and I handed her the wet plate. She took it and dried it, “Okay but why you are sort of like sworn into secrecy?”


  “Because I am,” I dried my hands on a nearby kitchen towel and headed to my room, “Remember to switch of the lights when you are heading up.” I said before I closed the door behind me.


After a few minutes later Kurumi entered my room. She wore her everyday sleeping pyjamas. Purple checkered with adorable imprints of bears for the design. She sat on my bed and asked, “I guess it’s going to be long?” I looked at my sister from my desk, “Of course. Take a sit.”


Kurumi walked over and sat on my bed, “Could you make it quick? I still haven’t finished Mr. Haru’s assignment and it is due tomorrow,” she whined. I glanced over at her and her cheeks had a slight dash of redness in them.


“Oh?” I smirked, “Mr. Haru? Could you tell me more about him?”


Kurumi looked down as she gripped her pyjamas. “He’s my chemistry teacher…his hair is blonde and layered. He’s really an expert in his field…”


“If he isn’t he wouldn’t be qualified to be a teacher.” I interrupted.


“Shut up when I’m talking,” Kurumi snapped.


“Okay, sorry boss.”


“Never mind,” she sulked, “I’ll tell you more about him when I feel like it. Now tell me more about the ‘Rakku Game’.” Her face turned serious as she had knew that this was a big issue.



© 2015 Ahira Jen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on June 13, 2015
Last Updated on June 13, 2015