* OnE * The Beginning Shoot-out

* OnE * The Beginning Shoot-out

A Chapter by Allison
"

Strength is in the heart.

"
This town in front of me, the town of Tron, is where it all began...the battle between Rulers and me. My name is Taryn. My brother Tai is trapped in Tron, and I have to get him out.
My parents were skilled weapon makers. They made tons of money and made my brother and me our own weapons for protection for we may be hunted down. That happened just a week ago, the Rulers, an organization of people who want to take over the world, came to our hometown of Tron to force our parents to make them weapons. Our parents argued saying "no" over and over again to them, but they would not listen and eventually killed them both in front of my brother's and my eyes. My brother ran off with his weapons to the bar, expecting me to follow, but I ran out of the town with my weapons to configure a plan.

Our weapons are the best my parents ever made. I have my katana and my gun, and Tai has the same type of katana but a different gun. My katana is as sharp as possible and long as it needs to be with a colorful hilt. My gun is a full-fledged machine gun like an AK-47 just better and in the color of red and silver. My brother's katana is the same but with a blue hilt. His gun is technically two guns stuck together; two high-powered, high fire-rate, and slim pistols connected side-to-side making it possible for him to shoot two bullets at once. Taking them apart, he can shoot more targets. One of his pistols is orange and the other jet black. He got captured and his weapons stolen somehow, and I have to get all of them back.

Sucking on a lollipop, I calmly walked through the town with my gun on my back and my katana in its sheath. My first stop: a bar not too far from my old house. I walked in and looked around to see everyone look at me. Yeah, I would think it strange too when a short teenage girl with weapons walks into a bar.
"Um, ma'am, I think you're too young to be in here," the bartender said with what I knew was fake nervousness.
"I'm not staying long, I just need to ask some questions, Steve," I said, leaning on the counter in front of him.
"Fine, child, go ahead."
"Have you seen Tai lately? Being carried off or anything?" I asked in a low voice.
"Ah, yes, I have. They took him to the old warehouse by the main town building," Steve whispered cautiously.
"Thanks," I said then left the building.

I rushed quickly to the warehouse, hoping he was okay. I mean, sure my brother was a desperate, girl-obsessed freak, but I just had to save him. Because if the enemy gets his weapons the world is screwed, and sadly he is related to me. I stopped at the doors and put my ear to them, listening for my brother's annoying voice. I heard mumbled voices, so I waited for my hearing to clear them. Once it was audible, I could hear a man.
"...are the plans already?!" he shouted.
"I already told you, 'I don't know!'" I noticed as my brother's voice.
"Cut the crap, kid! Your parents were number one in the weapon making business. They have to have the plans somewhere hidden with you!" By this time, I had looked through a slightly large crack in the door.
"Doesn't mean they told me about it, old man!" my brother argued loudly.
"Where's your sister? She's bound at being smarter than you, punk!" the man said harshly.
"She's probably about to bust in and shoot your face!" Tai yelled, looking at me with a smirk as a cue. Exactly as he said, I busted into the room but instead I shot the old man in the leg to immobilize him. And looking around, I shot all the other men in the room.
"You know, Tai, girls don't think it's impressive, when guys are the ones who get saved by a girl," I said to him with a calm face, but a teasing tone.
"Oh, yeah-yeah. It's not my fault a girl was the one who lured me into the trap," he replied with an annoyed tone, picking up his weapons from a table. "Now, why didn't you kill the old man?"
"You got to think ahead, idiot, he could tell us where his leaders are, and then we could destroy them," I said, poking the old man with the barrel of my gun. "Now, talk!"
"I-I don't know any of the leaders. I'm just a low-ranked man, who isn't allowed to know where the leaders are or what their names are," he said and ended with a grunt and grabbed the wound.
I grabbed his face and looked into his eyes, which were filled with fear, "Okay, we're done with you." And with that, I shot him in the head.

Tai and I headed back to the bar, because he had to have a "talk" with someone. I thought probably some girl that he has no chance with. But once we got into the bar, he rushed to Steve and grabbed him by the collar, raising him to his face.
"You traitor! How could you let me get captured?!" he yelled, and everyone in the room turned their heads toward them.
"I knew how it would go. Your sister called before she came to town," Steve said calmly. "And besides you're the one who went after the girl."
I smacked Tai on the back of the head with my sheathed katana, and he dropped Steve and rubbed his head. "Tai, I told him not to interfere, by the way."
"Oi! Okay, I get it, sis!"
"Well, we didn't get any answers, Steve," I said, sitting on a stool, and Tai doing the same.
"Ah, well that was a waste of letting him get captured," Steve said, resting his head on his chin and grinning at Tai.
"Ah! Stop grinning at me like that! It's creepy!" Tai said, shoving Steve's face.
"Well, you twins are just so cute, that I can't stop staring!" Steve said, rubbing his chin.
I looked at him calmly and Tai looked at him baffled, "Cute?! We. Are. Teenagers!!"
"Oh, just knock it off already, Tai. He's older than us. He can call us cute if he wants to," I say before drinking a cup of water Steve put in front of me.
"So are you guys going to go look for clues about the Rulers?" Steve asked, giving Tai what looked like some apple juice.
"Yeah, that's what I plan. Tai, you're coming with, because I don't want to have to save your butt again."
"Fine, but hopefully while traveling, I can find a nice and pretty girl!"
"Oh, stop. You have no luck with girls that will never happen," I said with slight annoyance.
Tai looked at me with a sideways glance while drinking his juice. He stopped after a gulp, put his cup down, and stared at it with a blank face.
"What's wrong, Tai?" Steve asked with a smirk.
"You idiot!!! Why did you give me apple juice?!?!" Tai yelled into Steve's face.
With that, a small argument occurred with Tai yelling at Steve, because he always treats him like a little kid (even though Tai really loves apple juice); and Steve and I laughing at his anger.


© 2013 Allison


Author's Note

Allison
Big update!! I changed the twins' names. I myself have gotten annoyed with how they're spelled the same and there are two other K-names. So now they are Tai and Taryn. Don't know if anyone really cares, but yeah.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Lol Kay is quite the bad a*s chick!

This was a great way to start off a story! I like how it jumped into some action. It is also very detailed and you gave a good picture of what was going on

It seems like Kay and Tay have your typical bro/sis relationship. I hope to see something bad a*s from Tay soon.

It was also funny at the end and I chuckled at the apple juice part

Good opening to the story and def. a must read!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Lol Kay is quite the bad a*s chick!

This was a great way to start off a story! I like how it jumped into some action. It is also very detailed and you gave a good picture of what was going on

It seems like Kay and Tay have your typical bro/sis relationship. I hope to see something bad a*s from Tay soon.

It was also funny at the end and I chuckled at the apple juice part

Good opening to the story and def. a must read!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You possess quite an imagination, girl. As you said, I enjoyed reading this, as the writing style offered much of an animation style quality to it. Naturally, my favorite parts are the self-confidence that your main character has. This is an excellent way for you to grow.

Interestingly enough, as you get older, I imagine a much more lucrative writing coming from your mind. ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting.
In soviet russia, gun fires you!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

426 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 2, 2010
Last Updated on October 14, 2013
Tags: tough chick, guns, action, swords, all against one, katanas


Author

Allison
Allison

PA



Writing
The Lost The Lost

A Poem by Allison