Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
* ElEvEn * Rest

* ElEvEn * Rest

A Chapter by Allison
"

Go into thought.

"
So we eventually agreed on staying the night in the mansion. We were a bit on edge, but Koki finally convinced us we could use the security. He also said that Rio would never come to us; he plans to have us come to him. The big hall of bedrooms is where each of us stayed.
It was starting to get dark out, so I retreated to one of the rooms. I was tired of hanging. Once my head landed on the pillow, I was out over the fence! I dreamed of the memories of Tai, Kei, Shylo, and I. Though sometimes it was actually Koki. I wondered which times it was actually Koki. I remember playing a game of hide and seek tag, when Tai, Shylo, and I were nine and Kei was ten. It was Kei's turn to be it. Tai and Shylo ran toward the back of our house, while I ran toward the alley. I had a secret hiding place between some boxes. I came to it and found the boxes were moved. So I decided to hide around the neighbors' house. I hid behind their kind of tall shrub. These kind of games always scared me . . . not in a bad way. It gave me a scare of too much excitement. I always feared being found first and having to run. I knew Kei was faster than I. I looked through the shrub and saw a flicker of Kei's flashlight. My body tensed with a mood of "Oh great." He passed even though it looked as though he saw me. I pulled my hand to my mouth to cover my breathing. Eventually the light passed to my right, and I slowly let out my breath. Then the light was bright against my eyes in a second.
"Found ya!" I heard Kei say.
I bolted upright and ran toward my house as quickly as I could. I heard his footsteps catching up to me. Why did he always come for me first? Tai shouldn't be any faster than me. Suddenly something caught my foot. Feeling the fall and closing my eyes, I rolled myself to fall on my back. I landed with a thud and heard another thud right around my ears. I opened my eyes to see Kei's face right above mine with his hands by each side of my head on the ground.
"That was close! I could have crushed you!" he said with a shocked expression.
"Hey! Are you attacking my sister?!" I heard an angered Tai from afar.
"No! They're kissing!" Shylo shouted with giddy.
"N-no! Why would I?!" Kei shouted back.
"I remember very well that she could have died because of you!" Tai yelled, coming closer.
Kei stood up and helped me up. "She could have . . . what?" Kei asked in complete confusion.
"Whatever! I don't trust you!" After Tai said that, the memory faded to whiteness.

I opened my eyes slightly but the bright light burned my sight. My door was slightly open, and a shadow explained that someone had it open. Before I could adjust to the light, the figure disappeared quickly, turning off the lights and moving to the right. I sat up quickly and ran out into the hall and looked to the right. The figure was going out to the main hall now. I walked quickly to follow, trying not to lose the person. I turn to the right once I reached the main hall and saw the figure quickly walking up the stairs. I followed quietly as possible. The person lead me through the hall and up a seemingly stranded staircase. It lead to the roof of the mansion. The figure walked to the balcony and sat down over the edge. I saw the shadow person slouch forward. I walked over to the figure slowly and finally the light from the moon shown over the person to reveal either Koki or Kei. I know I could tell easily by skin, but the moon's light was dulling now. I walked to his left and sat down beside him like a ninja appearing right beside him. I titled my head and the light helped me see the pale skin this time. Kei was sitting with his head in his hands.
"Don't jump," I said with a calm and serious voice.
His reaction was as I expected. His head flew up so fast I thought he was going to fall. He looked at me with the most shock I have ever seen on his face.
"When did you-how di-"
"Calm down, I woke up, because I ran out of dreams. I saw you walking in the hall so I followed. I did not know who it was at first though," I interrupted.
"I was not planning to jump," he said, looking down over the edge of the balcony. "I have so many good reasons why I shouldn't."
"I know. So what made you come up here?"
"Do you want the truth or an exaggerated version?" he asked with a small smirk.
"Truth, if you please."
"I had a nightmare . . . " he trailed.
" . . . and what was it about?" I pushed on.
"I . . . it was me killing you . . . I thought it was real. So when I woke up, I ran to see if you were still alive."
We sat there in silence.
He broke it, "Remember when Shylo pushed me onto you like a billion times?"
"Yeah," I said, tilting my head.
"Well, I shouldn't have fell most of those times. She just always got me by surprise," he said with a goofy smile.
"Really?" I asked with a smile, also.
"Yeup, but I really didn't mind them. The looks Tai gave were priceless!"
We both laughed.
"Oh! I think I found something that might interest you!" Kei said, looking at his pocket and slipping his hand inside.
"Ooh! What?" I asked, looking down at his pocket, also.
Without even a warning, he moved fast and kissed me on the lips. I was so shocked that I could not think. He stopped quickly and smirked at me, "Sorry, but I can't hold it in anymore."
I felt like I looked stupid. I started laughing aloud and he joined in. Suddenly, we heard the door slam. We both stood up quickly to see if someone was coming, but no one was there.
"We should go check," Kei said, starting to walk toward the door.
I nodded and followed.
We walked in and went down the stairs; no one in sight. So we headed down the next flight of stairs to see Koki walking out of the kitchen.
"Did you hear anything?" Kei asked his twin.
"No, I was looking in the kitchen for food . . . found some crackers. Peanut butter!" Koki answered, smiling sheepishly.
Kei stared at him for a few seconds, "What other food is there?"
"Burritos . . . uhh . . . corn dogs . . . and ramen!" Koki smiled again.
"Hm, cool. At least there's good food in stock."
"Oh, yeah, I decided to save you guys some," Koki said calmly now.
I yawned and covered my mouth, "Well, I'm going back to bed. Good night!" Then I walked to my room, hearing those two whispering behind me. Once I got to my room, I quickly fell back asleep.

The next morning, I smelled eggs cooking. I bolted up and got out of bed lazily. I quickly went to the door and opened it. A bang was heard with grunt of pain. Immediately, I got out of the room and looked down to see Koki on to ground, grabbing his now bleeding nose.
"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" I said with much regret. "Here let me help." I pulled him into a sitting position and got onto my knees to look at the damage. "Now let go of your nose," I ordered and used my sleeve to wipe off the blood. He looked at me with an expression I could not explain. And it seemed as though his face was moving closer to mine, but he suddenly stopped and leaned to the right, looking past my shoulder. I turned my head to see Kei standing there in bewilderment. Quickly he turned and stomped off.
"Wai-"
"He thinks . . . I'm sorry . . . " Koki said quietly, looking down. "I'll clean myself up. You go ahead."
I looked at him calmly. Was he about to kiss me? Maybe I was just imagining it. I got up quietly and left the hall to the kitchen.
"Hey, what's got Kei all angry?" Tai asked, while making bacon.
"Isn't it obvious? There's a love triangle going on," Shylo added with a smirk.
"A-what?! Between who?!" Tai asked, dropping a piece of bacon on the floor.
"Well, it obviously does not include us! So who else is there?" Shylo said.
"Kei, Kay, and Eeris?" Tai asked stupidly.
"Why are you even here?" Shylo asked.
"Well, why do you think I'm here?" Tai asked with a smirk.
"It's obviously not for your brains."
"Exactly! It's for the muscle! Someone's gotta protect you ladies!"
"You think I need protection?" Shylo said with mock surprise.
"Of course, eventually you'll be my damsel in distress," Tai said with a flirtatious grin.
I slapped my forehead and shook my head, "Well . . . I think I'm gonna go talk to Kei now."
"All righty! But be careful, Eeris is with him," Shylo warned with a smile.
"She might bite your head off," Tai whispered, still looking at Shylo.
"Thanks for the advice," I said, smiling at their new relationship.
So I headed to the dining room to see Kei ignoring Eeris once again as he had his face in his hands.
"So what is it? Koki is going after her now?" Eeris questioned, obviously refusing to say my name. "Why do you even like her? She probably doesn't like the way you look now. Rude girl!" she continued to say to try and cheer him up.
"Stop it, Eeris. Don't put him down for no reason," I interrupted calmly.
Kei looked up at me with a look of relief, while Eeris glared. She stood up and walked out of the room with her nose in the air.
"It wasn't what you think. I kind of . . . hit Koki in the nose with the door . . . accidentally, of course! He was bleeding badly, so I was helping him," I nervously said to Kei.
"I-I'm sorry. I'm just so brash," Kei said calmly, grabbing his head in shame.
"It's okay, I understand," I said, sitting in a chair beside him.
"So do you think this will work out?" Kei asked, looking at me with his pure white eyes.
"Well, sure. We dealt with Droi really well. Even though he was distracted, when I shot him in the head."
"Yeah, I don't think the Rulers will be a problem. But I was actually talking about us."
I thought over what he was saying, then a shy smile crept onto my lips.
He smiled back and stood up, "Come, let's go get some bacon."
"If there is any left."
"Why wouldn't there be?"
"Well, Tai was dropping some earlier."
We walked back into the kitchen to see Shylo and Tai arguing. Shylo was holding a pan, while Tai was holding his spatula and had grease on his face.
"What's going on here?" Kei asked.
"A lovers' quarrel, of course," I said, mocking Shylo.
They both looked at us.
"Haha, very funny," Tai said.
"He was calling me weak!" Shylo argued.
"She was saying I should do more work!"
"He told me to make him a sandwich!"
"You can't blame me, I'm cooking bacon right now!"
"You were! Until you threw some at me!"
"Hey, you hit it back at me! My face is fried now!"
"You-" Tai started, but I cut him off.
"Okay! We get it! Is there any bacon left to eat?" I said with my arms crossed over my chest.
"Um, yeah, there's some left . . . " Tai answered quietly.
"Yeah, if you want bacon from the floor. I told him not to throw anymore!"
"I guess we should just stick with the eggs," Kei said, pointing at the untouched scrambled eggs on the counter.
"Well, you two can eat the bacon then. Let's go share the eggs, Kei. Maybe we should give some to Koki, too. He wasn't at all involved with this 'bacon incident,'" I said, smirking, taking the plate of eggs, and walking out of the kitchen with Kei.


© 2013 Allison


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
Added on May 10, 2011
Last Updated on November 27, 2013
Tags: tough chick, guns, action, swords, all against one, katanas


Author

Allison
Allison

PA



Writing
The Lost The Lost

A Poem by Allison