* TeN * Experiment This

* TeN * Experiment This

A Chapter by Allison
"

This is back in Taryn's point of view. A free mind is a mind that chooses what it wants to do.

"
We all watched him approach quietly and slowly. It seemed as though we were all breathless. He stopped about three feet in front of us, smirked even wider, and looked to his left as though in thought. Suddenly he ran with his supernatural speed at Koki and attempted a punch. It contacted to his left shoulder, throwing him back hard. Droi then shot for Tai, but Tai dodged it surprisingly. Koki got to his feet quickly with a grunt.
Shylo and I decided to go help Kei up. Our attention moved from the scene for a split second until Droi was right in front of us clicking his tongue and wagging his finger in a "Oh no, you don't" way. Shylo automatically aimed her bow at him.
He gave an acting disappointed look, "Did I not say no guns?"
"Sure, you did. But as you can see, this is not a gun," Shylo said fiercely.
Koki rammed into him hard, slamming them both into the wall. Tai ran over and attempted to stab Droi's chest with my other knife. But because Droi moved quickly, Tai stabbed his arm to the wall. Black blood ran down the wall. Droi grunted angrily and kicked Tai in the stomach. Tai slid back but regained control of his body. Koki slashed his dagger at Droi's face, but it almost missed and just gave a small slit in his cheek. Droi grabbed Koki's arms, my knife Tai used fell to the floor, and shoved his front into the wall.
"So you are Koki. I remember the dagger and Uzi now. I am very surprised to see you fighting me at all," Droi said with a snake-like voice in his ear.
"SHUT UP!!" Koki yelled so loud that it surprised us all. He elbowed Droi's stomach. The pain made Droi stumble backwards and grip his stomach. Tai ran over to take a big stab on him with his katana. But Droi turned into a blur and ran off somewhere in the room.
Remembering we were going to Kei, Shylo and I ran over to him. He stood up slowly, rubbing his head. Out of nowhere, Droi was right behind Kei once again. He had his right hand on Kei's neck and his left hand on his shoulder. He leaned his face into Kei's neck. Shylo gasped, and I stared in shock. Was he playing a vampire move? Was he planning to rip out his throat? These thoughts raced through my mind in the panic as I was running to Kei. He bit Kei's neck quickly, making Kei scream. I lifted my pistol right at Droi's head and shot. I thought I screwed up my aim from the panic, because I thought I was going to shoot Kei instead. But it went straight through Droi's forehead with black blood splattering fiercely. His body fell limp to the ground instantly. Kei fell to his knees, blood barely coming out of his neck from the bite. He grabbed his neck and keeled over. I ran over to him quickly and grabbed the hand gripping his neck. He tensed up and shouted, "Stop it! Stop it now!"
"It's okay, Kei. He's off you," I said quietly.
"No, it burns! Stop it! Get it out!"
"Get what out?" Shylo questioned from behind.
I pulled his hand from his neck. I looked at the bite mark to see a little bit of black blood running down his neck.
"Take it out!" Kei continued to yell. He covered his face and growled in pain. His skin was going pale.
I gasped and wiped the black blood off his neck, but I knew it would not help. Some of it was already coursing through his veins.
"No," he whispered. He let go of his face and looked at me. His irises pure white. His now pale skin was bright compared to his jet-black hair.
I stared at him, not being able to think straight or to know what to do. I heard Koki limp over to us, while Tai walked slowly.
"Now I'm a monster," Kei whispered slowly.
"Stop it. You are not a monster! You still have your own mi-" I shouted angrily, but he interrupted me.
"How do you know!? What if it possesses me?! What if my father can take control of me!? I could not stand it, if I killed you guys!" he shouted, while grabbing my shoulders and shaking me fiercely. "We do not know what this 'experiment' could do," he said calmly this time.
"Even if he could possess you, we can make sure no one is harmed," Koki said sternly. "Even you," I added, when I saw him about to retort.
He slouched his head in embarrassment.
Koki placed his hand on Kei's shoulder. "Just think," he said quietly, "you now have powerful strength and speed. That could help us greatly."
Kei mumbled something like, "I guess."
I pulled him to his feet and grabbed my knife on the floor.
Shylo was asking Tai if he was all right.
"I am perfectly fine," he said but grunted in his movement. "Just minor pains."
Shylo gave a big "Hmph!" and poked his stomach.
Tai flinched and grabbed her hand. "Do you really?!"
"Want me to tickle the pain away?" Shylo said with a giggle.
Tai stared at her with shock then blushed after a few seconds. "No, I am fine."
Meanwhile, I set Kei against the wall and leaned against it on his left. I felt as though this is just a big nightmare. I grabbed my face and rubbed my eyes as if it could all go away. I opened them to see Koki walking over and leaning against the wall on my left side. I looked at him. He gave me a big warm smile that made me smile back. Then I looked at Kei, who looked as though he was sleeping like a child. I looked over at Tai and Shylo hugging each other . . . wait a second . . . hugging each other?! I pushed my back off the wall in surprise. Koki gave a chuckle and Kei was smiling still with the sleeping look. I gaped at them. Tai saw me watching and reddened up madly. So I gave a giggle at him.
Then I felt two weights come onto my shoulders and gasped. I looked to my right to see Kei with his arm around my shoulder, smiling. And to my left was Koki, smiling the same smile and doing the same thing.
"Well, there's another Ruler down!" Koki said calmly.
"Another?" I asked now with a straight face.
"He killed Elias," Tai said, walking over with Shylo beside him.
"Aw, I missed out!" I grunted.
"It was pretty fast," Shylo explained.
"Well, where do you think we go now?" I asked with hope.
"Maybe we should raid this mansion for some answers," Kei answered, pulling his arm off me and rubbing his bite mark.
"Good idea. And we need to find Taryn's gun," Koki said, also letting go of me. He grabbed Tai's pistol from my hand and gave it back to him. Tai placed it in his holster.

Finally, we walked to the main hall and looked at all the options to start our journey through the house. I looked at the already open door on the right of the hall. I walked to it and looked in at all the doors.
"Let's split up. Shylo and Tai, you check the other side. We'll rejoin when we get to go up the stairs," Koki ordered. Koki and Kei followed me through the hall. I opened the first door at the left of the hall. A dull bedroom was inside. Koki and Kei each opened the next doors. And the same bedroom was seen in each room. We eventually opened all but one bedroom. We did not expect much from this bedroom. So we opened it casually. Out of nowhere, a girl threw her arm at me but I grabbed it quickly, stopping it easily.
She looked at me in disbelief, "Who are you?"
"I ask the same," I muttered.
"I am Eeris Ohayashi," she said haughtily.
I observed her popular-girl stance and watched her flip her golden blonde hair behind her shoulder. She was around Shylo's height, a bit taller than I. Her hair was as long as mine just without bangs. Her face looked as though it always held a scowl of dislike. And she wore skinny jeans with a tight shirt. The kind of outfit I hated to see anyone in. Her eyes were a bright blue, and she had excessive jewelry.
"Ohayashi? How are you related to us?" Kei asked.
She looked at him rudely, but her facial expression changed quickly to a smile. "You are Droi's nephew, I'm guessing?"
"Err . . . was . . . "
"Ah! You're just as handsome as him!" she said, jumping into him with a hug.
Koki and I stared in disbelief this time, while Kei was superbly shocked.
"Uh . . . who are you?" Koki asked this time.
She looked at Koki rudely this time. "The other nephew! The one who said rude things to Droi and his own father!"
"What?! Kei left them when he was young! And you say-what the-?!" Koki stopped there and shook his head tiredly.
"So how exactly are you related to them?" I asked.
"Well . . . I am not yet related. But I am to be married to Kei!" she answered happily.
"But . . . he . . . why?" I asked with so many confusing thoughts in my mind.
"Hm . . . I do not like Koki! Kei is cooler. And Droi and Rio said I could marry him!" she grinned brightly.
"Uh . . . " I gaped.
"Do I need a reason for loving my soul-mate?" she asked angrily.
"Soul mate? But you never really talked to Kei in forever, I'm sure."
"Yeah, I barely know you!" Kei said, recovering from his shock.
"Oh but I talked to you, when we were younger!" And Droi and Rio kept track of you after you left," Eeris explained.
"They kept track of me?!" Kei exclaimed.
"Well, yeah! They had to make sure you were safe!" she said as though it was obvious information.
"Whatever. So what were you doing in the room?" I interrupted, before she could carry on.
"I was waiting for whoever barged in to leave. Apparently it is you three," she said with her snobbish attitude. "What are you doing barging into someone's house?"
"We were saving Taryn, if you need to know!" Kei said angrily.
"Saving-?" she finally looked at me for once. "The girl who Dan brought!? You saved her?!"
"Because Droi was torturing her to get what he wanted. He's dead, by the way," Kei said rudely to her.
She gaped at Kei with disbelief once again. "You . . . killed Droi? Your own uncle?" she whispered.
"I did not kill him. He freakin' bit me! And now I'm pale and have freakish eyes!" Kei said, folding his arms across his chest and closing his eyes in frustration.
"I think they make you even more beautiful than before," Eeris said, trying to hug him again.
But he grabbed her arms and pulled her off, "Don't touch me!"
Her eyes stared at him with sadness in them, then anger flashed through them. "Hmph! I see how it is! You like this Taryn girl then! Competition!" she glared at me. "You wish to destroy the rest of the Rulers? Fine, I can help you with that. Easy!"
"Really?" Koki asked calmly.
"Yes, I know each of their hiding places!" she once again said haughtily.
"Do you know where my gun is?" I asked with hopeful eyes.
"Yes, but do I tell you? No!" she said, glaring at me again.
Kei sighed with exhaustion and impatience, "Can you tell us where her gun is?"
"Anything for you, dear!" she said, smiling.
I looked at her in confusion then looked at Koki, who was giving me the same look.
Kei gaped at her then asked, "Where is it then?"
"It is in Droi's study on the other side of the mansion."
"Maybe Tai and Shylo found it. Let's go," Koki said and started walking back to the great hall. We followed quietly.
Once we came through the door, Shylo came running toward us with my gun held high, "We found it, Taryn! Come! There's stuff you have to see!"
We ran with Shylo to Droi's study. Shylo gave me my gun, which I holstered on my sling. I looked to see Tai sitting on the chair and reading a book that looked like a journal.
"Look, Taryn! He wrote everything we could possibly need to know! How to torture a turtle all the way to how to take candy from a baby!" he said with fake joy.
"That's some over-exaggeration," I smiled and walked over to him. "So what's really in it?"
"Well, he wrote about how he planned to 'infect' one of his nephews, when he could get the chance. He also explains some girl named Eeris who is obsessed with Kei for some reason," Tai said instantly with confusion. "He has in here she is some failed 'experiment.'"
I looked at Eeris who was goggling at Kei, while he looked away with distaste.
"Wait, is that her?" Tai asked.
"Yeah, we found her in that long hall full of bedrooms," I answered. "What did he try to do by experimenting on her?"
"He wanted to make her a possessed seducer and killer," Tai answered with disgust.
"Oh, she's obviously not going to try and kill Kei, probably I. But I'm pretty sure she'll try to seduce him," I gave a chuckle and so did Tai.


© 2013 Allison


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
Added on April 17, 2011
Last Updated on October 29, 2013
Tags: tough chick, guns, action, swords, all against one, katanas


Author

Allison
Allison

PA



Writing
The Lost The Lost

A Poem by Allison