Chapter 14: When Fortune Changes

Chapter 14: When Fortune Changes

A Chapter by Albert Freeman
"

Corden has a brush with mysterious figures and finds himself drawn directly into the intrigue that now stalks the empire.

"

Chapter 14: When Fortune Changes

 

(Location: The town of Vilapos, near the Castle Ait'Antwar)

 

 

    Corden glared at the back of Millie and stuck his tongue out at her.

    "If you do that again I will snatch it out and take away this day of freedom." The First Maid didn't bother to turn around to admonish Corden further, but instead continued to make a list of tasks at her well organized desk. Light streamed in brightly from a small window in the cramped office. It was just enough light for her to work by, which suited her just fine. She pursed her lips as Corden fidgeted loudly behind her. He never could keep patient for long. She held back an exasperated sigh.

    Corden stared at his feet guiltily and mentally kicked himself. He never ceased to be surprised by her ability to catch him doing things with her back to him...or even when he was half the castle away from her. It was some form of magic or something was his guess. It certainly couldn't be something normal. She seemed to be the only one who could do that to him.

    "I'm sorry," he said in his best contrite voice.



© 2008 Albert Freeman


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Albert Freeman
Haven't finished this. I'm playing catchup on everything.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on July 6, 2008


Author

Albert Freeman
Albert Freeman

raymond, MS



About
I'm one of 5 boys born to my mother and father. My dad served 23 years in the Army. I served 6 years in the Air Force and enjoyed traveling to Korea, Japan, and Maryland while in. My interests vary, b.. more..

Writing