It Started With A Wave...

It Started With A Wave...

A Chapter by Alyssa_Dright

It started with a wave…
Hannah Reid is average. Average parents, average home, average hair, average face, average grades. Just average.
Except her crush. That isn’t average. James Carlson is perfect, from his hair to his feet, his perfect skin tone to the pitch of his pubescent voice.
But back to Hannah. She is having a dull and boring summer. Junior year is fast coming and she has yet to start getting her school supplies.
That’s why she is in Target now. Filling the cart with random school supplies. She’s sure she’ll need them at some point in time. Her mother is rallying her twin brothers and their friend up to no avail.
She groans loudly and pushing the cart further down the aisle, away from the rowdy eight year olds and her mother. 
She is walking down the aisle with the binders when she runs into him. James Carlson, in all his perfection glory. Except something is different. His braces! They’re gone. Hannah smiles shyly at the boy and he begins to smile back before his mother hurries him along.
He settles for a wave of his hand as he turns the cart and rushes after his mother. It doesn’t stop Hannah from swooning and falling into a fit of giggles over the cart.
Her brothers find her in that position. Smiling into space at an empty spot. They call her weird and run off when she snaps out of it and tries to run them over.
She will consider that a major win in her book. And it started with a wave.


© 2014 Alyssa_Dright


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

97 Views
Added on October 21, 2014
Last Updated on October 27, 2014
Tags: Teen, Romance, Cute, Young Adult, YA, Love


Author

Alyssa_Dright
Alyssa_Dright

MN



About
20 something aspiring writer, starting my journey to a BA in Creative Writing Fall 2015! so excited. First book A Drug Called Love coming soon! more..

Writing