It Started With A Text...

It Started With A Text...

A Chapter by Alyssa_Dright

It started with a text…
Hannah doesn’t get many unknown texts. She has plenty of friends that text her but she has their numbers. So when a text that says: Meet me at the park. Comes through of course she calls the only person she knows who has everyone’s number. Nicki.
But Nicki is busy and Hannah can’t wait. So she packs her mace and hunting knife in her shoulder bag and walks the short trek to the park.
There in the middle of the park sits James. Skull cap twisting in his hands nervously.
Hannah approaches him slowly. And when he notices, they smile widely to each other.
“Hey.” He says, then looks away blushing.
“Hi.” Hannah’s eyes never leave their feet.
“So um, you got my text?”
“Yes. So what’s up? You need help on the American Lit homework?” She says nervously. She hopes that isn’t what he texted her for.
“No. um so about two weeks ago…” The dance. The peck on the cheek. She's blushing. Nodding.
“Oh… it’s fine…” She starts.
“Will you be my girlfriend?” He blurts at the same time. He begins to wring his hat out again.
Hannah has to look up to make sure she heard him right. Perfect James wants to date her, Average Hannah?
Inside she is jumping for joy. Outside her face is a fiery red. Before James can apologize she is nodding her head furiously.
He sighs in relief.
“Good. I was so nervous after the dance and then my mom…” He starts. He holds his hand out and she gladly accepts.
“You really want to date me?” She says shyly turning slightly away from him.
He pauses his movements and turns to look at her. Big smile on his face.
“Well I don’t know anyone as awesome and beautiful as you Hannah Reid.” He says it like he means it. She believes him.
“Thank you James. I really like you.” She says blushing heavily.
“I really like you too Hannah.” They walk around the park before her mother calls her home for dinner.
James walks her to the door and kisses her cheek. He promises to call after he eats dinner as well and she nods rapidly. He kisses her cheek again and heads home.
She has to tell Nicki operation Jannah is complete. And it started with a text.


© 2014 Alyssa_Dright


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on October 27, 2014
Last Updated on October 27, 2014
Tags: romance, love, cute, teen, young adult, YA


Author

Alyssa_Dright
Alyssa_Dright

MN



About
20 something aspiring writer, starting my journey to a BA in Creative Writing Fall 2015! so excited. First book A Drug Called Love coming soon! more..

Writing