It Started With A Project...

It Started With A Project...

A Chapter by Alyssa_Dright

It started with a project….
The school year started a week after Nicki’s birthday and Hannah is lucky enough to have her best friend in four of their six classes. Nicki even sits with her in three of them.
The fourth, well Hannah doesn’t know whether to punch her best friend or kiss her. She had a seat change. With James.
American Lit seating arrangement is in alphabetical order. Well it was until Nicki decided she couldn’t see in the back and asked for a seat change, with who? James Carlson, who sits front and center.
James eagerly agreed. Maybe too eagerly if Hannah would have noticed instead of trying to burn a hole in Nicki’s head.
He smiles shyly at her and she does the same. They don’t speak for the rest of class but they sneak glances when the other one isn’t looking.
Yeah she guesses she’ll let Nicki pass this time.
Three weeks into the class the teacher assigns a project. The Earth on the Turtle’s back.
They had to interpret the story and make a display board for it, including pictures. Nicki subtly looks back at the pair and smiles mischievously. Hannah will get her back.
The project should take no more than two weeks with no in class time. Hannah is sure her heart is beating loud enough for the whole class to hear.
James looks at her and smiles widely. She remembers what it’s like to have braces removed so she smile just as widely.
Okay maybe she won’t get Nicki back. They got an A. And it started with a project.


© 2014 Alyssa_Dright


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on October 21, 2014
Last Updated on October 27, 2014
Tags: Teen, Romance, Cute, Young Adult, YA, Love


Author

Alyssa_Dright
Alyssa_Dright

MN



About
20 something aspiring writer, starting my journey to a BA in Creative Writing Fall 2015! so excited. First book A Drug Called Love coming soon! more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)