Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
It Started With A Hey...

It Started With A Hey...

A Chapter by Alyssa_Dright

It started with a ‘hey’…
Hannah has one other thing that is more than average and that is her best friend Nicki Ross. Nicki is above average, she is perfect. Perfect family, perfect home, perfect hair, perfect face, perfect grades. Just perfect.
Nicki invited her over to gossip because she went to Germany with her older sister this summer. She has an above average tan, unlike Hannah’s, which is from tending to the yards for extra money this summer.
Nicki talks and talks about a boy she met who was sweet and kind and never once acted like the ‘American boys’. Hannah just nods in the right places. When Nicki finally asks what she did, she says she saw James without his braces. Nicki wants to know everything, she knows Hannah loves James.
She says nothing happened because his mother called him and he only waved. Nicki squeals and says they have to invite him now. She does all the talking, even though Hannah protests.
Now Hannah is self-conscious of her one piece on her extremely skinny body. Nicki borrows her a two piece. She’s glad she filled out more in her chest area.
Sitting around the pool with some of the girls Nicki hangs with is boring. But they complimented her body. She still can’t tell if they are serious or not.
She makes an excuse for wanting more punch. But she just wants to get away from the gossiping. She gets enough with Nicki.
 “Hey.” Hannah stands shocked. James is talking to her, teeth bright and smiling. She smiles and blushes awkwardly at him as he speaks.
“Hi.” She says shyly. She’s never talked to a guy before, much less her crush. They stand staring and blushing at one another, never saying more.
Someone calls James to be an extra for football and he waves shyly at her as he leaves. Hannah awkwardly raises her hand but he’s already turned away and walking off.
Hannah goes back to the hawk-like eyes of her best friend and smiles weakly at the group of girls with giant smiles on their faces.
They know about her crush.
“Operation Jannah is a-go.” Nicki says with a sneaky smirk on her face. Hannah doesn’t think it is a good idea. And it started with a hey.


© 2014 Alyssa_Dright


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on October 21, 2014
Last Updated on October 27, 2014
Tags: Teen, Romance, Cute, Young Adult, YA, Love


Author

Alyssa_Dright
Alyssa_Dright

MN



About
20 something aspiring writer, starting my journey to a BA in Creative Writing Fall 2015! so excited. First book A Drug Called Love coming soon! more..

Writing



Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen