It Started With A Snowball...

It Started With A Snowball...

A Chapter by Alyssa_Dright

It started with a snowball…
Winter is Hannah’s favorite season. The snow, the cold, the hot cocoa her mom makes from scratch, the snowball fights in the park with her demon twin brothers and Nicki, even though she mostly sits and watches the hockey team practice.
Today Nicki is acting weird. Sly smiles to her brother before enticing a game of snowball freeze tag. Nose goes, Hannah is always the last one, and now she’s ‘it’. She should have known better that to think it was a simple game of snowball freeze tag.
As she counts, she for whatever reason feels like someone is watching her. She turns around and James is there… With a snowball, a smile on his face.
“I heard you like snowball fights Reid.” He says with a smile. She is momentarily stunned by his beauty before she snaps out of it, via a snowball to the chest.
He runs away as she scoops up snow and chases him. Laughing the entire time.
After what Hannah will consider the snowball fight of the century, they retire to the community center where her best friend and brothers have been for quite some time.
They talk by the fire for over an hour. She can see Nicki giving her the thumbs up from time to time. She blushes when she notices every time.
James offered to walk her home, even though he lives in the opposite direction from her. She blushes but chalks it up to the cold and nods smiling.
The twins and Nicki speed walk ahead of the two.
He walks her to the door and they stand awkwardly facing each other. Smiling dopily and blushing when making eye contact.
“Um, well I should go. My mom is expecting me home for dinner soon.” He says quietly. Hannah blushes brightly and nods.
“Okay. Yeah, um, see you in American Lit.” She smiles. He hops down the stairs and begins his walk back home. Halfway past her house he turns and waves. She blushes and waves back.
When she enters the house Nicki is standing by the door major grin on her face.
“Tell me what you guys talked about.” Being the friend she is, Hannah will. Because this time it was amazing. And it started with a snowball.


© 2014 Alyssa_Dright


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on October 27, 2014
Last Updated on October 27, 2014
Tags: Teen, Romance, Cute, Young Adult, YA, Love


Author

Alyssa_Dright
Alyssa_Dright

MN



About
20 something aspiring writer, starting my journey to a BA in Creative Writing Fall 2015! so excited. First book A Drug Called Love coming soon! more..

Writing