Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw

Next morning a little Indian boy and a girl were playing in the warm sand when the little girl pointed out to sea. The boy was not afraid, so he waited until that thing came closer. Cortez got closer to shore, he was laying down on a piece of wood, the boy told the little girl to get the grown ups while he pulls Cortez out of the water. So she ran back to the village and tugged on Black Bears long hair and pointed.
Black Bear and Grey Wolf looked and saw the boy struggling to get something out of the water. So they ran to help the boy pull Cortez out of the water. When they got him out they rolled him over on his back.
" Its Cortez," said Black Bear.
" He is nothing but skin and bones," said Grey Wolf.
"Come on brother, help me walk him over to our village?" Black Bear picking him up.
"Why?"asked Grey Wolf.
"Brother, he needs our help, fine I'll do it," said Black Bear throwing Cortez across his shoulders.
"But he tried to kill us, now you want to help him, he wouldn't help us, he would have left us here," said Grey Wolf.
"Once he recovers he will see how we truly are, that were not savages, he will see that he doesn't have to fear us," said Black Bear laying him down in his house.
"What? Where am I?" asked Cortez trying to get up.
"Your safe, bring me some food and water?" asked Black Bear to the woman.
Grey Wolf was standing at the entrance with his arms crossed.
"What happen to your men?" asked the Chief.
"They all drowned in the sea, my ship hit a rock and it started sinking, i am the only survivor," said Cortez.
The woman came back with food and water.
"Here drink this, its water," said Black Bear.
"Thank you," said Cortez.
"You will stay with us until you heal, then you can leave or stay. If you do go back, tell your people that they have no reason to fear us," said Black Bear.
"Thank you again, when I thought I was going to die? I started to think? The Indians are human beings just like us, they to have wives, children a family, which they do things that we do just differently. Will you forgive a bad man, for my eyes are now opened?” asked Cortez.
"Yes, you are forgiven, you are right, we do the same things you do, we just do it differently," said Black Bear.
"Yes my people of England need to see that, we are all human beings, we all came from the same Creator, we are connected in one big circle," said Cortez.
"Yes," smiled," Black Bear getting up and going outside.
They ate outside and were full. 
Cortez healed, he never did go back to England, he liked it there too much, so they adopted him into their nation, he had a change of heart, he saw that they truly were kind people, and not like the ones they heard about in books or stories. They also tell great stories. 


© 2016 Whitney Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on December 1, 2016
Last Updated on December 1, 2016


Author

Whitney Shaw
Whitney Shaw

Midland, TX



About
I am Apache Native Indian, I am an Apostolic girl, I also have Cerebral Pasly it's a learning disability, has to do with motor skills in the brain. But I am blessed that I can walk, talk, read, but .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw