Sins of Youthful Love Pt 2

Sins of Youthful Love Pt 2

A Chapter by Tsukin Archangel

Betrothed-

The Sins of Youthful Love

Part 2

 

            "Psst, Sabien, he's looking your way again."

            Cairan shrugged and grunted in response, angrily tossing the used dishes into his basket; he didn't feel like talking to the royal brat right now. Actually, he didn't feel like being here period, but of course that didn't matter. He was but "a lowly servant boy, dressed in rags, and meant to humbly serve and tend to all of his lieges wishes".

            He scoffed.

            Yeah right.

            In actuality Cairan wasn't any of those things. He was really the lost prince of the Biard family, the only living heir to the fallen kingdom of Geata Ifreann. Once, his father, Bás Biard, had ruled it but it had been taken over by Thyme Basileus, a bloodthirsty tyrant who only desired more power and control. Cairan and Shep agreed that it was only a matter of time before the Dark King, as he had become known as, made a move against the remaining kingdoms.

             Now, Cairan wasn't picky by nature, he honestly had no qualms about having to become the servant boy Sabien (a guise Shep had chosen for him to live by when he'd come to Verlorene for help). He really didn't mind the work, vanity had never been an issue, and Cairan had never been one to turn down an excuse to get dirty.

            Before being forced to run away, the pale black haired youth would've been found in the kitchen's of Geata Ifreann, helping his own servants prepare the next meal, or outside with the other peasant boys, carrying wood, or just rough housing in the mud. His father detested it. He didn't think that royals and commoners should mix but his mother, Caitlin, thought otherwise. Not that any of that mattered now. His family was dead. He had no way to travel back in time and stop it from happening, and even if he could, he doubted he would've made any difference. He was only one person and he would have no chance unless he could outwit Thyme.

            Cairan shoved another plate in the basket and hefted it off the ground with a grunt, head bowed he began to make his way out of the room. The servant beside him hurried to follow.

            "Slow down man," He hissed, "You'll make it obvious you're tryin' to avoid him."

            Cairan laughed, a harsh, grating sound. "Like he doesn't know already? I think it's been obvious I've been avoiding his affections."

            The servant chuckled nervously, and rubbed the back of his neck. "Well maybe you shouldn't. You don't know how he'll react. You know how nobles can be."

            Cairan scoffed, "Please, Shep's harmless." The servant shot him a look, clearly expressing that he didn't believe him. "Okay so maybe that's just me." Cairan said slowly. The servant opened his mouth to say something else but the lost prince cut him off, "Trust me, I know all about the people he's killed and believe me when I say he wouldn't dare raise a hand to me."

            "How can you be so sure?" The other boy said with a quizzical raise of his eyebrows.

            The raven-haired youth shrugged. "Just do." There was nothing more he could say. It's not like he could tell him his true identity or that he in fact, knew Shep from his days of youth. That would raise too many questions and then his cover would be blown. He'd get to see his prince no more. Cairan bit his lip and thought sourly, S**t. He was supposed to still be mad at the green-eyed royal and now he already craved his embrace.

            God damn it all.

            Damn it to the heavens.

            Why did Shepherd Vonhussen have to have such an affect on him?

 

-Betrothed-



© 2014 Tsukin Archangel


Author's Note

Tsukin Archangel
pt 2 of the first arc enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great chapter, goes into further explanation about the main character and the situation at hand. Moving on to read the next arc. Awesome writing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

10 Years Ago

Thanks!! Yeah. Originally these were all 1 chapter buttt ppl complained they were too long so I star.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
1 Review
Added on January 10, 2014
Last Updated on January 10, 2014


Author

Tsukin Archangel
Tsukin Archangel

Palmdale, CA



About
Hmm let's see~ I'm 20 (wow I've had this account for a long time) I'm a poet I'm a story writer A singer An amateur Voice actor An anime enthusiast An avid gamer 100% Unadulterrated Me! I wri.. more..

Writing