Chapter One: Ice Cream Deals

Chapter One: Ice Cream Deals

A Chapter by -Aurelia Mirella
"

I'm sorry this took me so long to post, but its out now! Please enjoy! Any feedback would be great. :]

"

 

Chapter One: Ice Cream Deals

 

It didn’t take long for the strong scent of vanilla to flow into my room as I opened the bathroom door. The fragrance seemed to sweep my entire room in a matter of seconds, and I couldn’t help but to stand still for a moment. I took in a deep breath, letting the smell take over my thoughts. Vanilla happened to be my favorite scent.

 

A chime of a bell coming from outside my door disrupted my seconds of peace.

 

“Are you up Miss?”

 

“Yes, thank you.”

 

I sighed. Even after a month into school, my father insisted that a maid walk past our rooms with a bell to insure that we were up and in the process of getting ready for school. And quite frankly, it was annoying.

 

I hugged my towel closer to my body and carefully walked across my marble floors to my walk-in closet, my bare feet leaving a small puddle of water with each step.

 

My closet was the size of an average bedroom. It was so big that aside from all the clothes and shoes, I was able to fit two fairly sized chairs, a small side table, and a vanity that held all of my jewelry and make-up.   

 

Reluctantly, I headed for the small section in the closet that was especially reserved for my school uniform. Yes, I admit it. I go to a private school. Thanks to my lovely parents who want to send their kids to a school where we’ll be able to “learn to the best of our abilities,” I’m stuck wearing a stupid uniform.

 

I winced as I stuck my arms into a white button-up shirt that adorned the 17th Street Academy’s symbol and mascot, a lion intertwining with the number seventeen. Then I slid on my plaid skirt, and draped my tie around my neck. I don’t bother to tie it until I get to class. And to finish my uniform off, I pulled on my infamous black Chuck Taylor high tops.

 

I walked over to the vanity and plugged in my hair straightener. As I waited for it to heat up, I quickly blow dried my semi-damp hair. Within fifteen minutes, my normally wild curly mop was transformed into an edgy and sleek cut. Then I applied some simple make-up that looked as if I had hardly any on.

 

Make-up.

 

I made a face as I thought about it. My friends wore a lot of make-up. So much, that it almost looked ridiculous. I preferred mine to look natural and clean, opposed to looking like I just got punched in the eye or something.

 

“Whatever floats their boat..” I mumbled to myself.

 

I opened a drawer, and took out my silver watch that was covered in diamonds and sapphires, along with a necklace that matched. Both were given to me by my father for my thirteenth birthday.

 

Satisfied with my outfit, I exited my closet and grabbed the keys to my 1965 baby blue Ford Mustang convertible. I smiled. This was yet another present from my father. My sixteenth birthday was just about a month and a few days ago, and I already had my own big collection of cars, each one a different shade of blue.

 

After checking that I had everything, I started down hall to one of the two staircases I climbed up and down just to get to the front door.

 

When I reached the bottom of the first staircase, I was greeted by the wonderful, Mrs. Galasso. I looked down at my watch. It was seven o’clock on the dot.

 

“Perfect timing as always, Mrs. G,” I said happily.

 

Mrs.Galasso was a short, big boned Italian woman who was assigned as my mentor and maid for as long as I could remember. She was always around even when my parents were gone, so she easily became a second mother to me.

 

Mrs. Galasso gave me one of her warm smiles and handed me my messenger bag along with a granola bar for breakfast.

 

“Here you go, Azzy dear. Oh, and before I forget, your mother wanted me to remind you that you are supposed to take the young masters to school today.”

 

I gave her a blank look, thoroughly confused, as we headed down the hallway to the Grand Staircase. I never took my brothers to school on Mondays. My father made a point to always take them to school whenever he could, which happened to be mostly Mondays. Then he would go fly off to some business meeting and not come home until the following Sunday.

 

“Your parents are in Italy?...to see your Grandpa Bruno? They left early this morning….”

 

My eyes instantly lit up with recognition.

 

“Oh! I remember now!” I laughed. “They also said that I couldn’t come with them because of something that had to do with school and learning to run things around the house.”

Mrs. Galasso laughed and shook her head.

 

“What’s so funny Mrs. G?”

 

“Nothing dear, nothing. Now you best hurry up or you’ll be late for school.”

 

I rolled my eyes, “Awe! But I was having such a wonderful conversation with you! Leaving you would be terribly rude.”

 

“Nice try, Azzurra. I already went through all the trouble of getting the boys outside for you, so all you have to do is get them to school, on time.”

 

Noticing her tone of voice, I gave in. Mrs.Galasso was not someone you wanted to mess with.

 

“Okay okay, I’m GOING!”

 

I ended up yelling the last part because she had hit me in the butt before shooing me out the door and then closing it.

 

Rubbing my backside, I started walking over to my garage. Hollers and yells could be heard as I gradually got closer. And sure enough, there were my two younger brothers, running around in attempts to kill one another…again.

 

“Alright you two, I’m taking you to school so get in the car, or we’ll be late.”

 

Vincenzo and Leonardo were too busy fighting that they didn’t even hear me. I sighed. I guess I’m going to have to do this the harder way…

 

I smirked and walked behind Vinny. He still hadn’t realized I was even present. I waited for the right moment, and as soon as Vinny cocked his head back, I flicked him hard in the ear.

 

“OW! CHE L’INFERNO?!” he yelled in pain.

 

“Venire su, Vincenzo, la lingua.”

 

“I’ll say what I want, Azzurra,” he snapped back at me. He hated it when I flicked his ear. I personally thought it was funny, but that was just me.

 

“Just get into the car Vince, you too Leo. Although, I’ll have to say, I’m impressed with the fact that you haven’t given up speaking Italian like some other person I know.”

 

“Sabrina?”

 

“Mmm, but that’s not the point. If one of the workers hear you mouthing off, Italian or not, they’ll tell mom and dad. And the last thing we need from them is a lecture.”

 

“..and so that you don’t get in trouble.” Vincenzo mumbled but I still heard him.

 

“Yea that too,” I said with a wink as I backed out of the garage and onto the driveway which eventually led to the street.

 

“Fine. I’ll watch my mouth but only if you take us to DQ, right now, for ice cream.”

 

“Now?”

 

“Yep, right now.” Vinny smirked.

 

I glanced at the time. It was a little more than a quarter after seven. We had about forty minutes until school started.

 

“Sure, why not?”

 

 



© 2009 -Aurelia Mirella


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ooh so far this is really good. I think that its so cool that you speak Italian. I wish I could. I speak spainsh though so I THINK I understood what : "OW! CHE L'INFERNO?!" he yelled in pain. "Venire su, Vincenzo, la lingua" meant. Does it mean : "Ow! what the hell?!" and "Vincenzo watch your tounge"? But I coulda sworn "Venire su" meant something like "You, come here" Ehh I'm probably WAAAY off but hey I try. I enjoyed this. I hope you'll be putting some new chapters up soon. Btw what part of America are you going to?

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love her relationship with Mrs. G and her little sarcasm:
"Awe! But I was having such a wonderful conversation with you! Leaving you would be terribly rude."
It's cute and I love how you inroduced her brothers!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love her relationship with Mrs. G and her little sarcasm:
"Awe! But I was having such a wonderful conversation with you! Leaving you would be terribly rude."
It's cute and I love how you inroduced her brothers!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow I think this is really good so far.
I really cannot wait to read more. :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ohh mi piace :)
haha i hope you use italian in the rest of your story too, i love the language though i lost most of it as i'm second generation haha
hopefully i can keep up ;)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really good so far, I'm going to keep reading now! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


review: this is very entertaining and i can already see myself getting into it.

contest: thank you for entering. this is exactly the thing i was looking for

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That's funny, in the book I am working on the charaters name is Sabrina too!lol Any-way,I like the title it fits the chapter. And I can see the people clearly! Good job! I will check out some more!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hmmm...somehow this sounds familiar....but so far i love it!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey, I'm starting to like you more and more, thanks for the tutorial in italian cus words.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i agree...the conversations are displayed quite nicely and the characters are very real....

good write

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

864 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 27, 2008
Last Updated on January 5, 2009


Author

-Aurelia Mirella
-Aurelia Mirella

Venice, Italy



About
Mi chiamo Aurelia! I live in Venice, Italy, and speak both Italian and English fluently. Writing has been added to the tiny list of addictions I have. Sports, mainly soccer, and art are two others.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..