Chapter Four: I'm No Princess

Chapter Four: I'm No Princess

A Chapter by -Aurelia Mirella
"

This one was a tough one to end. Depending on how I write the next chapter will determine if I'll split chapter four into halves or not. Enjoy! -Aurelia Mirella

"

 

Chapter Four: I’m no Princess

 

Seth and I walked in complete silence the entire way to the room. He had that look on his face that clearly said, “Talk to me and I’ll kill you.” So I decided to leave him be, and plus I wanted to take in as much “behind the counter” scenery as possible.

 

The particular hallway that we were in was fairly interesting. The walls were a dark navy with white molding and had numerous paintings and photographs of the school hanging all around. Every once in a while we would pass a door, some sounded like there were meetings being held inside while others held no sound whatsoever. I assumed those doors were considered the entrances to the private rooms.

 

I was quietly admiring a painting when all of a sudden Seth stopped walking, causing me to walk right into him.

 

“Do you mind?” he snapped.

 

“Oh shut it! You’re the one that stopped walking and gave no warning,” I snapped right back.

 

“You’re right. Excuse me your highness. Please don’t report me to my mum. She’ll have my head if you tell her I was rude to Miss Princess Zuccherini.”

 

I glared at him, but this proved to only make matters worse.

 

“Awe, does Miss Zuccherini not like being called Princess?” he snickered.

 

“Stop calling me that! My name is Azzurra not Miss Zuccherini, and who the hell are you to make fun of me, Mr. Seth Avery Darke?”

 

His eyes darkened; his face livid.

 

“Who the hell am I? Who the hell am I?! That’s the question I should be asking you!” he shouted. “Oh but wait, that’s right, I forgot. You’re a Zuccherini. God forbid I don’t do what Leonardo Sr.’s kid wants! All hell is going to brake loose if the heiress of a multi-billionaire company gets called a name. Gasp.”

 

I scoffed, “So that’s what it is, huh? You think that I’m just a stuck up rich kid who has gotten everything she wants and doesn’t have a care in the world? I bet you think my life is just one big perfect fantasy,” I chuckled softly to myself, “well you’re wrong..”

 

I looked up and stared at him, looking straight into his eyes. We were still fairly close from the collision that started this pointless argument, and as I stared harder into those dark emerald eyes of his, I noticed one thing. They were not entirely green as I had originally thought. There were tiny specks of grey sprinkled all around, but more prominent closer towards the pupil.

 

If he wasn’t such a jerk, I would definitely consider having a crush on him, I thought to myself, until finally he tore his glare off of me. It was a quick movement, almost as if he suddenly became embarrassed.

 

I watched as he took off his nametag and scanned it under a little contraption next to the handle on the door.

 

Click!

 

I said a quick thank you and rushed into the room. It was small and looked similar to the hallway with the exception that it contained a desk, a computer, a rolling chair, two stationary chairs, and a telephone. The phone was sitting on the desk in its little docking block. Smiling, I raced to the rolling chair, snatched up the phone and pressed it to my ear.

 

“Ciao?!”

 

I winced at the sharpness in my mother’s voice. She didn’t sound very happy.

 

“Mother? Is everything alright?”

 

“Everything is fine Azzurra. Did your brothers make it to school on time?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“…and what about your sister?”

 

“I don’t know for sure. I didn’t see her this morning, so I would imagine one of her friends or Cody picked her up after I left with the boys.”

 

There was a long pause. I knew that my mom was thinking. She more than likely was trying to remember who Cody was and his importance, not that she would know because she was hardly home. Although, I wished I didn’t remember that annoying, perverted sleaze ball my sister called her boyfriend either.

 

“Okay, your father wanted to know,” she said rather crudely. The way she said father bothered me. Something was up and she wasn’t telling me.

 

“Wait, you called me just to ask that? What’s going on mom?”

 

“I said everything is fine Azzurra.”

 

“Liar”

 

The word escaped my lips before I could even think. Oh dear…

 

“You selfish, ungrateful, spoiled brat, when I say something, don’t you dare question me! And as a matter of fact that was NOT all I had to say. Your grandpa Bruno died.”

 

A sudden and painful lump swelled inside my throat preventing me from speaking. My eyes stung, but I refused to let the tears fall. It just couldn’t be. There was no way that my Grandpa Bruno, the Don Zuccherini, was dead. It couldn’t be true.

 

“Bambino di Jesus! Spero suo padre e l'ho insegnata per parlare migliore di ciò.”

 

By now I was just fed up with her.

 

“Excuse me, mother. I was just informed of my grandfather’s death! And my own mother is being incredibly heartless about the whole situation!” I yelled into the phone and then slammed it back into its dock.

 

I rubbed my head. It was pounding, and I also noticed my breath had become increasingly heavy. Lord knows what that wretched woman was doing to my poor father…

 

 

 

Seth’s POV

 

 

Click!

 

The Princess rushed through the door before I could even clip my nametag back onto my shirt. I rolled my eyes as I watched her slide into the rolling chair and twirled around in it as she began talking on the phone.

 

I could swear she was like a little kid, but there was no denying that she was beautiful. She had long, medium dark brown hair that flowed down past her shoulders, a beautiful smile that would make any dentist proud, and her skin looked as if she were dipped in sunlight. It had a sun-kissed glow that fit her, in my opinion, quite nicely.  But what I found the most intriguing was her eyes. They were like deep pools of sapphire blue that sparkled and glimmered in the light.

 

When she stared at me as we argued, I was easily lost in the depths of those sparkling blue oceans. I couldn’t even say anything back, and that wasn’t any easy task to accomplish.

 

No matter how much I wanted to hate her “kind”, her beauty held me captive. If only she wasn’t a stupid rich kid…

 

“Liar!” Azzurra said quite harshly to whoever was on the other end of the call.

 

Curiosity got the best of me, and I casually slipped into the room and stood in the corner. I heard yelling coming from the phone as Azzurra, I mean as Princess, fell silent and spun herself around in the chair again. She went around one, two, three, four times around before she stopped short.

 

Within seconds, her eyes turned a stormy grey color and had glazed over as if she were about to cry. She didn’t talk but was making an awful stuttering noise. My first instinct was to run over and embrace her, but thought better of it and stayed where I was. This proved to be wise because it only took a minute or so before Princess started to yell back.

 

“Excuse me, mother. I was just informed of my grandfather’s death! And my own mother is being incredibly heartless about the whole situation!” she screamed then slammed the phone back into its little holding place.

 

She put her head in her hands and took deep breaths. She looked so vulnerable, so helpless sitting there trying to regain some composure.

 

I just stood there looking like a fool, a disgusting fool. Unless I heard incorrectly, her grandpa had passed away, and apparently, her mum didn’t seem to be all too concerned about it. Money was involved no doubt…

 

I was brought back to the argument we had just moments ago. I thought about how she laughed when I confessed my beliefs that she had a perfect life style, and how I didn’t believe or give her a better chance to explain.

 

Only then did I realize, as I watched the girl in pain, how very wrong I was.



© 2009 -Aurelia Mirella


Author's Note

-Aurelia Mirella
Review, review, review...and I will really thank you! :] And more than likely, I will read something of yours as well. :]

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Absolutely love how you put in both of their point of views! I love it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Cool,what language was spoken?

Posted 15 Years Ago


Aw, I hope Seth will be nice to her and see the real her! This is so good!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love the look and feel of the hallway (the world behind the counter!). The dialog sets up the characters well (revealing the hearts rather than simply telling us things). Excellent interaction! So real...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like how you introduced seth you gave a very vivid description of his personality and you conveyed the chemistry very well.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

is she Azzurra's real mother?calling her a wretch?...How can her mom be so horrible?...i hope she was just her stepmom! Anyway, you're writing is good. When you add another chapter send me a request i'll be glad to read it...^_^

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

553 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 13, 2008
Last Updated on January 6, 2009


Author

-Aurelia Mirella
-Aurelia Mirella

Venice, Italy



About
Mi chiamo Aurelia! I live in Venice, Italy, and speak both Italian and English fluently. Writing has been added to the tiny list of addictions I have. Sports, mainly soccer, and art are two others.. more..

Writing