Compartment 114
Compartment 114
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Chapter Nine: Bi-polar

Chapter Nine: Bi-polar

A Chapter by -Aurelia Mirella
"

This is another short one. :/ I tried to make parts flow but I just couldn't get it to sound right. The up-side to that is more than likely Chapter Ten will be out soon. :] Hahah enjoy! -Aurelia

"

 

Chapter Nine: Bi-Polar

 

“See ya next period, Az! Bye Kenny!” Madi said then gave us both a hug and headed to her next class. She skipped her way through the crowded hallway completely oblivious to the looks she received.

 

I laughed and turned my gaze onto Kindall who was still watching Madi. Her short auburn hair was no longer sticking up in random areas but pulled into two tiny piggy tails, and her pale skin held no more signs of embarrassment. But her simple brown eyes gave her away. Although they weren’t wet or glazed over anymore, anyone who really paid attention to her would realize that something was bothering her.

 

“Come on bud, we’re going to be late,” I said lightly, not wanting to trigger any unwanted emotions. Sometimes people got annoyed easily when they were sad, and I didn’t want to cause her any more pain.

 

“Sorry Azzurra, I just spaced out…sorry.”

 

I smiled warmly and linked arms with her. “Don’t worry about it, I think I’ll live.”

 

She nodded and opened her mouth but then closed it again. I could tell she was thinking, so I stayed patient. Her eyes were staring intently at the floor. I could almost hear the gears in her head crank as she racked her brain for the right words. I rubbed her arm in efforts to encourage her thoughts.

 

“Azzurra?”

 

“Yes, Kindall?”

 

“How…how…”

 

“How what Kenny?” I coaxed, rubbing her arm again.

 

“HowdidyouknowChriswasdatingsomeone?” Kindall mumbled quickly. She didn’t look at my face but continued to stare hard at the tiled floor of the hallway as we walked to class.

 

“Hun, I couldn’t hear a single thing you said. You need to speak clearer.”

 

Kindall took a larger breath and tried again. “How..how did you know…Chris was..was dating s-s-someone?”

 

“Ahh, Christopher…he told me,” I said simply.

 

“When?”

 

“After swimming practice, we were the only ones on the bus besides the driver, and you know Chris, always talking…never quiet.” I joked and nudged her a little with my elbow, hoping it would cheer her up. She allowed a small giggle to escape her lips but it wasn’t genuine.

 

“Kindall,” I sighed, “could you please tell me what or who has you in a funk. You know I hate it when you’re upset. Let me help you, please.”

 

“It’s nothing, Azzy. Really, I’m fine.”

 

“Oh no you don’t! You just declared there is something wrong. When someone says nothings wrong, almost a hundred percent of the time there really is something wrong.”

 

It was Kindall’s turn to sigh. “You wouldn’t understand.”

 

“Try me”

 

Kindall rolled her eyes and finally looked at me. Her eyes challenged mine, trying to find any pretense. I just stared back, waiting patiently to hear what she thought I couldn’t help her with, let alone understand.

 

“I’m jealous.”

 

“Of…? I’m confused, Kenny. That doesn’t make sense…”

 

Kindall shook her head and laughed, mockingly. “You honestly don’t know what I’m talking about do you? And to think I thought you knew all along…”

 

My stomach churned at her laugh. Something about it made me feel sick.

 

“What are you talking about? What don’t I know?” I said a little less calmly then I would have liked.

 

Kindall unlinked our arms and looked at me again. Her eyes searched my face before speaking.

 

“It couldn’t be more obvious, he likes you, Azzurra. Not m--”

 

I interrupted. “Who’s he?!”

 

She laughed again.

 

“Could you stop laughing like that and tell me what you’re talking about?”

 

“Chris, duh. But honestly Azzurra, who doesn’t like you? First there was Amergio, now you have Chris and Johnny, and Madi mentioned something about an office boy?”

 

I glared at her. “He doesn’t count,” I said through gritted teeth, “and Chris doesn’t like me. He likes you.”

 

“I don’t think soooo,” she said with a smirk.

 

“And why not?” I demanded. This conversation was going way too far, and it was completely unnecessary. I had no idea where she was getting all this crap from…

 

“…because I’m not perfect, like you.”

 

I gaped at her. This had to be a joke. Some sick nasty joke to get me back for not helping her when Madi was tickling her. Yea, that must be it.

 

I closed my eyes and took a nice long deep breath.

 

“Okay Kindall, you got me. Seriously though, what’s wrong? I want to help you.”

 

“I wasn--”

 

BRRRRRRRIIIIIINGGGGGG! BRRRRRRRIIIIIINGGGGGG!

BRRRRRRRIIIIIINGGGGGG! BRRRRRRRIIIIIINGGGGGG!

 

The first bell rang, signaling that we had only five more minutes to get to class or we’d be late.

 

Kindall laughed and linked arms with me again.

 

“I’ll tell you when we get to class. We can’t afford to be tardy, again.”

 

Her voice was no longer cool but more cheerful and warm, and yet her eyes were still a little gloomy. For a brief second, something in the back of my mind told me that the story I just heard and the story I was about to hear were going to be totally different. Kindall was one of my best friends, I reminded myself.

 

She wouldn’t do that to me.



© 2009 -Aurelia Mirella


Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

-Aurelia Mirella
Tell me what you think! Sorry for making you wait so long. Chapter Ten shouldn't take that much time to finish...I'm already working on it!!
-Aurelia ♥

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

WHoa, kindall's object of affection likes Azzurra? Oh gosh, why do Azzurra has to be perfect?..lol. I like Azzurra's personality, she's a good friend..:) though you got to be careful not to spoil your character too much, it seemed like Azzurra got everything and not everyone can symphatize with her..^^ though she's really interesting..:) i want to know what her strengths are, her weaknesses, her quirks and disappointments...well, i'll find that one out on the following chapters! :) thank you for posting this!
oh, i would like to ask why is this chap titled bi-polar?...really curious..:)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Good real life drama here. Bipolar is a real issue that many people have to live with day to day.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh no! I hope they don't get into a fight cause that would be really sad! Well, I would love to read the next chapter tonight but I have to go to bed as it is late and I have school tomorrow which means getting up at 6. I love this, keep writing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your characters and dialogue are just flawless... everything just flows so perfectly and brings them so alive! Wonderful!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i've had friends like that, good title mad one minute happy another,you portray people very well

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WHoa, kindall's object of affection likes Azzurra? Oh gosh, why do Azzurra has to be perfect?..lol. I like Azzurra's personality, she's a good friend..:) though you got to be careful not to spoil your character too much, it seemed like Azzurra got everything and not everyone can symphatize with her..^^ though she's really interesting..:) i want to know what her strengths are, her weaknesses, her quirks and disappointments...well, i'll find that one out on the following chapters! :) thank you for posting this!
oh, i would like to ask why is this chap titled bi-polar?...really curious..:)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

513 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 20, 2008
Last Updated on January 9, 2009


Author

-Aurelia Mirella
-Aurelia Mirella

Venice, Italy



About
Mi chiamo Aurelia! I live in Venice, Italy, and speak both Italian and English fluently. Writing has been added to the tiny list of addictions I have. Sports, mainly soccer, and art are two others.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..