Chapter Three: Ut-oh! She's using your middle name.

Chapter Three: Ut-oh! She's using your middle name.

A Chapter by -Aurelia Mirella
"

Oh my, it has been super duper long since I last posted anything for this book! I just have to many ideas and attempt to use all of them at once, but it just doesn't work. :/ SO, this chapter had a butt load of editing and I ended up cutting A TON out.

"

 

Chapter Three: Ut-oh! She’s using your middle name.

 

 

Reluctantly, I entered the seemingly forever busy, school office. I’m serious when I say “forever busy”. Women were constantly tapping away at the computer or silently cursing at the printers that never seemed to work. And they never appeared to go home either; it was like they lived here.

 

The heavy door slammed shut behind me and it wasn’t long before all of their tired eyes looked up at me. Some gave me faint smiles before returning to their work while others gave me looks of annoyance. I stood a little straighter and gave them a smile of my own, making it an effort to look right into the eyes of the ones that gave me a little less than pitiful welcome.

 

Acting more arrogant than normal, I walked over to the closest woman sitting behind the counter that blocked any students’ entry into their side of the room.  She was one of the younger women in the office, probably thirty-seven with auburn hair and soft but worn caramel colored eyes. Anyone could easily tell she looked visibly fatigued and needed rest. Apparently being an office lady was more intense then people made it out to be.

 

“Hello sweetie, what can I help you with?”

 

“The office called me down. They said that I had a phone call, an urgent one.” I spoke loud and clear, making sure to put emphasis on urgent.

 

The poor woman sprung from her seat so fast her chair almost fell. The other women in the room also stopped what they were doing, and a loud buzz filled the air. It was filled with whispers and gasps, much to my annoyance.

 

“Oh! Yes of course! Excuse me Miss Zuccherini for not recognizing you!”  She apologized, before yelling at her co-workers.

 

“Seth! SETH! God where is that child?! SEEEEEEEEEETH!”

 

Embarrassed the woman turned to me again and was about to apologize, but was interrupted.

 

“Jeeze mum. Keep your hair on, will ya?” a boy about my age said as he came out of one of the numerous doors from behind the counter.

 

I for one was shocked by two reasons. One, he was behind the counter. No boy or girl has ever been behind the counter, only the women that worked at the office were allowed. It was a sacred rule of our school. And two, he was damn cute and I had no idea who he was, and I knew everyone. There was not a kid in this school I didn’t know or haven’t met before.

 

I studied the boy as he and his mother attempted to argue quietly in very loud whispers.

 

For starters, he looked absolutely nothing like his mom at all. She happened to be very short and petite while he was tall, maybe 6’1 and muscular.  His messy black hair, capturing emerald green eyes, and all over robust appearance greatly overshadowed her simple “mommy” look. The more and more I compared them, the more I was beginning to doubt they were related. The only thing that they had in common was their tiny English accent.

 

“Seth Avery Darke, you WILL do as I say, and you WILL do it NOW! You understand me?” the office woman yelled before dropping back into her seat and returning her focus onto me.

 

The boy also turned to me but with a hard look upon his face. He obviously did not want to do whatever his mom told him too, or maybe it was the fact that she used his middle name. I’ll have no doubt it was probably a little bit of both.

 

“Sorry Miss Zuccherini for keeping you waiting. My son and I needed to have a little…chat. He’s only turning seventeen and thinks he can do whatever he wants…” she trailed off.

 

“That’s wonderful, but what about the phone call? It was urgent and I was called here about ten minutes ago.” I was beyond annoyed now. I was missing class and having homework because the office lady couldn’t control her seventeen year-old son was not something I was about to allow.

 

“Since the call was urgent, they told use to move the phone into a private room. Unfortunately for you, in order to get into the private rooms you need a key,” she said as she tapped her name tag that had a little scan thing on it in the corner. “My son will take you, but you’ll have to come over the counter.”

 

Excited to be able to experience the other side of the counter, I climbed up on top of the flat surace in my skirt and all. Only when I was standing on the counter did the thought of my skirt flying up as I jumped down occur. This caught Seth’s attention and he smirked as the rest of the office looked up in shock.

 

“Seth would you be a doll and help me down?” I asked sweetly. I hadn’t noticed his sudden interest a few seconds prior.

 

Rolling his eyes, he stretched out his arms. I smiled and quickly wrapped one of my arms around his neck while the other held my skirt. Swiftly he brought me down from the counter and let me go, and I let go of him as well.

 

“Well what are we waiting for? Lead the way, Seth Avery Darke!”

 

His face hardened once more, and he immediately started walking off in the direction I assumed was the room. I giggled and thanked his mom before chasing after the mystery kid named Seth.

 



© 2009 -Aurelia Mirella


Author's Note

-Aurelia Mirella
I love reviews! Really, they do help and are just wonderful to get! Thank you!
xoxo always,
-Aurelia Mirella

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds like an interesting relationship between the mother and son!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Been hooked since Ch. 1. Amazing work and very addicting.
I'm reading on to find out more about this Mystery kid....Seth
Keep up the good work

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really good! I love it!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Love the playfulness of this piece! There's tension, but the character interaction is simply superb! (Having such a good time reading your book!!!)

Craig

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

well this girl's got some sass reminds me a little of myself with the whole handiling boys. i like how you capture the reader's interest this chapter definately leaves you wanting more i love the simplistic style of your writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I also thought that this was a very good write. Keep up the good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Really good writing. but didnt find it good when u said 6'1 in brackets... breaks the flow of the story 4 me... up to you though.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

532 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 10, 2008
Last Updated on January 6, 2009


Author

-Aurelia Mirella
-Aurelia Mirella

Venice, Italy



About
Mi chiamo Aurelia! I live in Venice, Italy, and speak both Italian and English fluently. Writing has been added to the tiny list of addictions I have. Sports, mainly soccer, and art are two others.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..