Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by MadeCheaply

The cab rumbled and sputtered as the wheels rolled down the roads, people streaming up and down the sidewalks with haste and Edward gave a sigh, his elbow resting at the armrest and his face was directed toward the window. Finally it seemed as though he could sit, relax, think about something else for the first time in years. 
He sort of didn't know what to do with himself.
Become an actor, an athlete?
"What now do you think Alphonse?" he turned to his brother. Al was pale, his lips were seemingly dis-saturated and his face was sunken in. He did not look healthy. 
"What do you mean brother?"
"I mean that now that this is all over what do I do? People keep talking to me like I am a celebrity because I supposedly did things no one else has done." he said and shrugged. "But you were the stone, your the one who has the story to tell"
"We have OUR story, perhaps you could be a story teller...OH a author, you have plenty of time to kill" the younger brother spoke and watched Edward laugh hysterically.
"Me write? I would be terrible at it, and I could never write a rough draft...my handwriting is shameful"
Al chuckled slightly but gave a wheeze short after and ending with coughing.
"I don't like how that sounds"
"What do I do?"
"Maybe someone in central can help, the hospital, I know some good doctors in the military" Edward said patting his brothers shoulder and turned his head too look outside the window to see they were already parked outside the Military headquarters and he took a step out followed by his brother. Edward was in his normal black jacket and spandex while he loaned Alphonse a pair of his own clothes since he didn't possess any of his own.
"Are you going to tell him?" Al spoke softly hustling up the stairs to catch up with his brother.
"What? To tell that egotistical maniac now in power that I am done. Of course...I couldn't find a better way to start out my day"
~
Inside people greeted Edward with handshakes to awkward hugs. The same went for Alphonse who was still sensitive too all the new feelings and overwhelming emotions.
"Down that way, is the hospital wing, or uhm nurses office, see if they can help you there and I know they can" Edward said urging his brother on who carried on down the corridor by himself.
Edward made haste up the stairs toward the new fuhrers office where everything seemed to change from the flooring to wall paint. He gave and sighed.
'Hopefully he doesn't get too power hungry' he thought as a dark hair man brushed his shoulder as he past, not thinking much to it he knocked on Mustangs door tapping his foot waiting for his reply.
"Enter"
Edward pushed bother the door open making a rather dramatic entrance as the heavy set doors slammed shut behind him.
"Ahh Edward, I was expecting you would be here. Where might Al be?"
"Medical room, or whatever the hell it's called"
"Lets just call it the nurses office for the sake of your intelligence"
Edward huffed crossing his arms.
"I have a feeling I already know why you came here and quite frankly..I don't think your ready to go"
"Why because I can't be sent to do your dirty work?"
"No because I wont allow a kid to quit when he's working under me"
"What are you saying?"
Roy gave a deep sigh and rocked slightly in his new chair as if taunting FullMetal. He came across professional and serious but deep down inside he was just as immature as any kid sitting in class eating glue.
"Now that I am fuhrer I appointed someone else to take over my last position, therefore you have a new boss"
Edward wanted to disappear, not getting two words in and now he has 'a new boss'.
"Who!?"
"You might have ran into him in the hall, he's my younger brother Kaen"
Edward blinked, his natural topaz eyes glinted from the sunlight burning in from the blinds.
"Brother? I never knew you had a brother"
"You never asked. Now. If you have anything you wanna bring up say....quitting, you will have to talk to him" he finished.
"Where might he be?"
"Hell if I know"
He was never going to get the chance to quit.


© 2012 MadeCheaply


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

NOOOO!!!

Kaen's gonna be a meanie and not let Edward quit! D: But he should quit, because all that military business is stressful. And OH YAY, Alphonse will get to meet nurse Ayumi ;D WOOHOO!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Added on March 26, 2012
Last Updated on March 26, 2012
Tags: fullmetal alchemist tinker toys


Author

MadeCheaply
MadeCheaply

Silent Hill, MO



About
Hey there, my designer name is Made but most call me Ayumi or Ozzy. I do what I want as long as someone somewhere sees it than it doesn't matter. My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShukketsuS.. more..

Writing
Entry: #0 Entry: #0

A Chapter by MadeCheaply


Am I Alone Am I Alone

A Story by MadeCheaply