Chapter Four: Injured Spontaneity

Chapter Four: Injured Spontaneity

A Chapter by MadeCheaply

Every bone in Alphonse's body felt as if it would snap under the unstable pressure. His breath was always thick and  raspy, with a sunken face and green faced he entered the medical wing panting as he leaned against the wall. 
The walls were a dull blue-gray with 4 tall windows with cream colored curtains. To his right there were sofa in the same color but he did not sit, finding it not polite he cautiously waited for a doctor.
"Hello?" he called out.
There was rustling sounds from behind the counter to his left and he stumbled over. "Hello? I need some help" he said again.
A girl pushed her way up standing straight and proper. "I apologize" she said and turned her head. "Oh my...you don't look good"
Alphonse only reacted with a nod. The young woman walked around the counter to him and took his arm guiding him behind a push door that easily flapped open to show a hall of doors. She pushed open the first available room a few doors down to the left easing him in gently, swiping a pale beige plastic bucket from the table and sat him down. "Here, this is in case you get sick"
He felt embarrassed but took it anyway and rubbed his neck with his bony fingers. "Thank-you miss" he said and watched her stand. He was able to take in her features. She was short and petite with ebony hair pulled into a messy bun that contrasted with her pale skin. When she blinked, her lashes swept over flushed cheeks showing a jubilant shade of blue that made him feel like he was staring into two pools of blue. Rather than noting her features, he commented.
"How old are you? Don't you have to be...you know, older to be a doctor" he said.
She jumped slightly, "Oh well I am not a doctor" she said and looked down noticing she hadn't placed her tag on and fished her fingers into her pocket pulling out a silver tag pinning it to her uniform. "I am a Nurse-in-Training" she said and let her arms drop to her sides. 
"Oh"
"Im 16"
"Oh I am not saying I have a problem with that" he said and cleared his throat.
"I am sure your just ready for me to help you feel better"
He nodded and looked up to her and blushed, she was staring right back at him.
"Yes?"
She walked over to the door slipping out a check board, "I will need your help in answering some questions, about your identity and what is hurting. What you think you need check out" she said pulling over a chair that wheeled across the tile floor. 
He nodded sucking in a breath as he pulled himself more up onto the bed. The sheets crinkled under where he sighed. He had traveled hundreds of miles, fought many battles, overcome some of the harshest of obstacles to get his body back just so he could sit on a rubber mattress and paper sheets. He leaned back hopelessly.
"My name is Alphonse Elric, 16 years old. Everything hurts"
She scribbled her pen over the paper and looked up. 
"I need you to remove your clothes" she said.
He huffed, "What! Why?!" he exclaimed and watched her expression fade.
"I know I know it's weird. Let me tell you, I had to take a class so I could learn how to say it in 4 different languages just in case minorities get stationed here." she said.
It took him some time to understand what she was entirely talking about and he nodded taking the paper dress from the table not arguing with the statement and went toward the bathroom.
He removed what clothes he had seeing he was frail, sick, with virtually no muscle and resembled a grease ball. 
"I look awful" he said and slipped the paper dress over his body and side tying it in the back ignoring the rush of cold air against his backside. 
He was humiliated by the time he existed back into his room. 
"You may lay down" she said hummed a tune to herself as she prepared her numerous tests. 
"I know whats wrong"
She turned her head. "What do you mean?"
"I know whats wrong with me" he said and crawled onto the bed. "I have a poor immune system and I have no muscle" he said and looked around. "So I get sick easily, and I can barely move".
She place the syringe down and went over gripping his forearm and cringed, her fingers could wrap all the way around him. "Oh God"
She nodded, "Well I already know what we can do to help you. And you can be out of here in no time" she said and smiled lightly.
For some strange reason, despite how impatient he was; he had his body back finally and now he was stuck unable to use it still, seeing her smile made him feel like he would get better soon enough.
"Alright, I thank-you" he said and pulled from her grip, "Whats your name again?"
"Ayumi" she said and gave him a nod and walked to a closet where she pulled out a loose blanket and pillow slipping it under his head and slid the blanket over him.
"And I will be the one taking care of you."


© 2012 MadeCheaply


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"I need you to remove your clothes" she said.

He huffed, "What! Why?!"

Woah looks like Ayumi just jumped right into it ;D

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Added on May 21, 2012
Last Updated on May 21, 2012
Tags: fullmetal alchemist tinker toys


Author

MadeCheaply
MadeCheaply

Silent Hill, MO



About
Hey there, my designer name is Made but most call me Ayumi or Ozzy. I do what I want as long as someone somewhere sees it than it doesn't matter. My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShukketsuS.. more..

Writing
Entry: #0 Entry: #0

A Chapter by MadeCheaply


Am I Alone Am I Alone

A Story by MadeCheaply