3

3

A Chapter by Azulberry

Jimmy travels to Lake Elsinore. This is where Jimmy will find the ship that will take him to the island. Jimmy is perplexed that they left the ship on a lake rather than the ocean maybe?  He walks by the lake searching for some ship but he sees nothing.

“Well it is dark out.” Jimmy thought. Suddenly a substantial fog environs Jimmy, and nothing becomes visible. Thunder starts shaking the landscape while the wind speed violently accelerates up to limitless high speeds. Jimmy is not daunted by these occurrences. It's not his first rodeo at a clown show. Jimmy has a beard that protects him from almost everything and anything. Then it presents itself; a hefty ship appears from the thick fog roaring like a god, well not literally. But something close to that. The sails are pitch-black; the entire ship is sheltered in shadows. The lightning flashing in the region gives away the obscurity but only for a second. It appears almost like its levitating over the lake water. Jimmy feels a connection with the ship instantaneously and gets into the ship with a steady stride. The ship disappears into the broad fog and begins its travel into the "over exposure" part of the lake. Only a few people in the world know of the existence of "over exposure" locations on Earth. The areas covered with it can transfer anything to the other side of the world/space/dimension. The Einstein �" Rosen Bridge theory explains everything. The Superstring theory proves there are at least ten dimensions with even the possibility of an eleventh one. It needs at least the ten for quantum consistency. Quantum mechanics also provides great insight that proves larger masses can be transported through wormholes, and not only that; but people can even be transported into parallel universes. Crazy science stuff, just accept it. As he's being transported through the “over exposure” wormhole, he views the intriguing sight of being transported through a wormhole. Everything adjacent to the ship with black sails emerges blurry and amaurotic. A hefty breeze surrounds the ship. Jimmy's suave fedora looks absolutely prime while his immaculate hair flows in the breeze like a GOD. He stands alone with a serious idiom thinking of only one goal. . .

The transportation has ended; the breeze is calm and mild. Jimmy now lies in the center of the Pacific Ocean. The sun begins its descent; He stands with shoulders squared and proud. The sky glows red while the ocean is cast black. Jimmy sails through the night with no idea where or how he would discover the island. So he leaves his faith in his beard. His beard steers the ship while Jimmy catches up on some Zzzz's.

            Jimmy awakes to the sound of birds chirping and nature being nature. He rubs his eyes like a baby waking from its deep sleep. The ship is once again covered by a cloak of fog. Jimmy's inner connection with his beard tells him that they have located and entered the island. And that it's led into a river crossing through the island. Jimmy can only just make out some trees and vines hanging around.

"It’s very swamp-like in this place." Jimmy thought. "Could this place possibly be the secret hideaway of the infamous boy who destroyed the world?" "I know it. It's the hanging garden." As Jimmy comes to that conclusion, rain begins to discharge down with a violent purpose. The fog slowly starts retracting while the rain throws its temper tantrum. Jimmy can see creatures kissing in the rain. Here in the hanging garden nothing ever sleeps. The animals scream in the heat of the night.

Jimmy did not sleep well; his mind is twisted and fractured. He had awful dreams. He covers his face while the animals cry. Jimmy’s boundless beard cannot shield him from his own mind. Jimmy recalls the last kiss he shared with Lucy. He stares in all directions but sees nothing but reminiscences of her. He recalls another poem that Lucy deeply enjoyed. It was called the “Narrative of Soul Against Soul”:

But the few who are waking for

Await their recognition

No fear of death but with fear of life

Your weakness kills everyone, so live

“The deeper I think, the deeper I seem to sink.” Jimmy slaps himself with conviction. The pain to his face will hopefully distract him from his deep emotional pain inside. At least he hopes it will.

Jimmy lands the ship with black sails near the shore. The Morningstar rises and deteriorates the thick fog. The hanging garden was just a myth; well that’s what most thought. There are two infamous places that exist inside the garden. They have never been found, but only by a select few. These two places have been glorified for defying physics and other natural orders. Creatures that would never exist in our realm take refuge here; scavenging on the lives of the poor fools who were ill-fated enough to discover the hanging garden first. This place is not for the feeble, only for the burly that can overcome the fear. No descriptions have been written about the creatures that make their home in the garden because no man has lived to tell anyone about it.  Who knows what may sleep there? Perhaps there are creatures more disturbing than Anthony Green plants. Remember now, they eat children with no remorse.

            Jimmy has officially entered the garden. The boy who destroyed the world would have to be in one of these two secret places hidden in the hanging garden. Jimmy eyes his surroundings with great aspect. The air feels moist. His forehead is perspiring and becoming adhesive. The trees block out most of the sun; only some rays of light pierce through the gardens gargantuan trees. It’s best keeping out of direct sunlight; the radiation from the sun rays synthesize with the air and form a deadly gas called Demonomania. Vines drape around and through the trees as if they were hugging them; guarding them from any present dangers. There are petite critters hasting under the leaves covering much of the garden canvas. Jimmy’s beard senses danger and begins barking toward a hoard of thick bushes facing west of them. And at a glance Jimmy knew.

            “Something is coming.” Jimmy mutters out dramatically. Three of the many gargantuan trees collapse down onto him. He dives flawlessly between two of the trees avoiding certain demise. An immense shot of sound booms as the trees make contact with the garden floor. Jimmy could taste the tree because of how close they were from his face. Jimmy stares up high to see some sort of large creature glaring straight into his eyes. That glare could puncture right through most ordinary men, but not Jimmy.  

“And these advances of modern technology are amazing.” Jimmy thinks with deep curiosity. The ample creature’s eyes are pure darkness. Jimmy sees no reason why it or whatever it is should subsist.

            “You didn’t get into the prayer position! You shall not pass!” It seemed to say. It wasn’t English but Jimmy’s beard can interpret it for him. It is speaking in some “demonic” language that is alien to most of the human species. “I am the prodigious Porphyria Cutanea. I serve to guard this realm from intruders. Only the ones who know the password gain entrance into the voluminous hanging garden. And YOU did not get into the prayer position. You leave me with no choice.” Jimmy had already grasped what was about to ensue. He begins pulling out (LOL) his astounding katana. The garden gasps in horror to the spectacle of the omnipotent katana. The gods howl down with lightning flashing and thunder exploding. The blasts pierces the ear drums of the garden’s concealed creatures, and it too shakes in sheer terror. Even Porphyria takes a step back.

            “So be it.” Jimmy dashes with katana in-hand toward Porphyria. It raises its edged claws in defense. One sound occurs, the sound of clashing blades. The world goes silent and time stops. They are both kneeling back to back. Jimmy has completed his assail and Porphyria lay in the same defensive position it was in. The creatures observing the entanglement stay esoteric with much anxiety. Never has this place ever dealt with a man like Jimmy. But even a man like Jimmy can be vulnerable. His mind is clouded with emotional memories and its making him a step slower. A long silence endures but it’s so discourteously interrupted by a chuckle. Porphyria’s chuckle has turned into laughter, and now it slowly develops into an obnoxious laughter; its laugh bursts hysterically into a stereotypically evil tone. Jimmy loses hold of the katana and it crashes onto the cold garden floor. He falls to his knees in great shock; he spits out blood and it paints the floor with pain. Time commences to slow down. An untitled poem spectacularly plays as Jimmy’s dumbfounded expression lay priceless. He has never felt so exposed. Jimmy feels like an enormous and indomitable tortoise whose shell has been penetrated by a vigorous predator. His mind begins flashing vivid memories of his past and present, some at the same time. He begins to sweat profusely and has become incredibly hostel. The garden is spinning a thousand miles per hour around him, and he becomes disoriented. Lucy’s face suddenly illuminates into Jimmy’s consciousness. He doesn’t know what to think. Jimmy reminiscences what they had to go through in the underground jungle of Afghanistan. And how short time was before Ryan Secrest would come out. Are you serious? Not yet?

            The garden floor is rumbling and hyperventilating over the battle. Jimmy rises to his feet with a great struggle. His head feels heavy, and his body accelerates far too leisurely. He has a difficult time taking in his surroundings. His vision appears unsteady and foggy. Jimmy’s eyes refuse to stop vibrating. Jimmy is forced to use both arms to clutch his katana. He slides it back into the partisan sheathe. As his vision slowly progresses and clears up he finally catches sight of Porphyria marching condescendingly toward him. Jimmy straightens himself up and squares up his shoulders with great satisfaction. He gives away no emotions, staring like Jean-Claude Van Damme. Porphyria giggles with great eagerness to finish off Jimmy, and definitely not in a good way.

            “There’s something in my soul! I think it's time; it's time for me to be. It doesn’t matter how strong you are I will kill you here and now.” Jimmy charges with confidence that would make Ryan Gosling blush. He charges with great swiftness and motion, the vicinity where he just stood proudly has expanded like if a meteor had just struck the earth. Electricity pulses around Jimmy while he retracts his katana. He dives in between Porphyria’s edged legs. “My katana will be my salvation.” Porphyria had under estimated Jimmy’s speed and miscalculated just how quickly he attacked. This mistake is rather dire for Porphyria. Jimmy takes advantage and with one robust slash, slices Porphyria’s leg off as if it were butter. It shrieks up to the heavens and crashes onto the earth’s crust as if the heavens were ignoring its cries. It’s a shriek that has not been heard for possibly hundreds of years. It lies powerless while an ice cold shiver slithers down its’ spine. Porphyria murmurs one word. Jimmy’s beard translates it:

“Mercy.”

Jimmy chokes out a laugh. “Mercy . . . you know what? God called in sick today.” Jimmy’s mind had already been made up. He raises the katana histrionically. “No mercy.” Thunder roars through and around the island. As the thunder roars, Jimmy releases his demons upon Porphyria, and with one quick and paramount slash its body falls fruitlessly. Porphyria’s head soars an elongated distance away from its body. The decapitated body of Porphyria’s demise is the only sound echoing through the garden. All of the eyes of the garden lay upon the shoulders of Jimmy. He glances in all directions sensing he’s been observed. “What do you want from me?!  . . .” The garden says nothing. “. . . Why me?! Why her?! Answer that and stay fashionable!”


© 2014 Azulberry


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
Added on September 21, 2014
Last Updated on September 21, 2014


Author

Azulberry
Azulberry

Hemet, CA



About
I love writing, and I need feedback. Please help yourselves and critique away. If it at the least entertains you, then I'll consider it a win. Days of the Phoenix more..

Writing
Sequester Sequester

A Chapter by Azulberry