7

7

A Chapter by Azulberry

Ch. 7

            I am destroyed by the inside, I disassociate

I hope to destroy the outside, it will alleviate and elevate me

Like water flowing into lungs, I'm flowing through these days

Like morphine cuts through, through dead end veins, I'm numbing in these days

So...

(If you listen) Listen, listen

(Listen close) Beat by beat

(You can hear when the heart stops) I saved the pieces

(When it broke) And ground them all to dust

Rain falls and falls as Jimmy marches onward. He thought he had caught glimpse of a building of sorts, but is uncertain due to the rainfall clouding his vision. The fields shake as the rain pours over it, creating a musical choir with the way it sways in the breeze. The maroon lit sky is barely visible with the massive cloud coverage in the area. The landscape glows maroon, even the trees and plants are glowing red. White and pink pedals glide across the land constantly due to the massive Tree out in the distance. The tree is high into the mountains, but the tree hangs over the mountains as if the mountains were an extension of the tree.

            As the rain starts to let up a little Jimmy catches sight of what he’s been seeking. A large jet black gate stands at least thirty-six feet high. He stares up toward it as he walks up to the gate. The gate is directly connected to large walls that are one with the surrounding mountains. There is no possible way in besides through the jet black gates. As Jimmy observes the gate a flying object screeches across the sky like a bolt of lightning. He turns as it passes above him and the gate. The flying object bursts away as Jimmy realizes that the flying object is the same as the Flying tank from before with Lt Bear and his militia of pig " I mean men. The gates suddenly starts making obnoxious loud cracks and creaks as it slowly begins opening. Jimmy steps back in surprise. He dashes toward the edge of the wall to its left and pressed against it to shield himself from whatever is exiting. A vehicle starts exiting from the opened gates, its jet black just like the gate and wall. The vehicle appears to be floating as it strides forward, there are no tires or wheels. The windows it has are blacked out so Jimmy is unable to analyze the inside. The vehicle has an aurora colored glow surrounding it, stemming from the bottom of the vehicle. As the vehicle continues accelerating the glow of aurora bursts even brighter as it departs over the hill. The gate creeks again as it slowly begins closing, and Jimmy makes haste through it.

            As the gate crashes shut behind Jimmy he looks out toward the city he has entered. He is standing on a stone bridge. The bridge is silver and grey but illuminated by transcendent street lights. The bridge street is made up of small stones carefully constructed together for an eye pleasing sight. The bridge is lonely, and not one other person is on it. As Jimmy cautiously walks down it he notices two stone statues standing on both sides of the bridge, almost mirroring each other. There are only subtle differences between the two; one has wings and sort of resembles an angel while the other is holding a child endearingly. The bridge is standing over a calm river. The lights reflect off of the river ever-so gloriously as critters sing to Jimmy walking down the bridge. At the end of the bridge lies a tall building seemingly made out of stone as well. At the bottom portion of it is an opening into the city, perfectly designed to make any architect erected. The roof is triangle shaped with a small sphere at the triangle’s end. There are many slightly smaller buildings behind it, all shaped slightly differently. Some have sphere roofs while others are more ordinary and flat. Their roofs are different colors, illuminating brightly from the transcendent street lights. Jimmy passes through the cave like entrance of the building at the end of the bridge. He finally catches gaze of the local populace; a couple of people are walking the opposite direction of Jimmy. The couple appear to be intoxicated as they stumble while holding onto one another, using each other like crutches. They zig zag their way around the corner while Jimmy follows. As he approaches the corner he hears the sound of music faintly in the near distance. As he rounds the corner, he catches sight of a live band playing in the center of the open area. Two story buildings all directly linked to one another surround the area, glowing brightly with the amber lights. A robust sized crowd floods the surrounding stage as the band plays. Jimmy can’t believe his eyes, there on the stage stands The Boy Who Destroyed the World. The band finished playing their song and start the next one right up. The drummer starts with an ominous beat as the crowd roars in unison.

            “Love your hate, your faith lost! You are now one of us! Love your hate, your faith lost . . . You are now one of us! . . .” Jimmy can’t keep his gaze off from the band, their stage presence is inconceivable. 

            The entire crowd sings in unison with the singer as the song progresses. The Boy leans in close to the crowd as he reaches the peak of a screaming note. His eye liner melts down his face as he sweats and hits another note. The crowd and band are feeding off of each other like mystical monsters in the night. They sing together with the Boy and conclude the song. As the crowd waits in anticipation of the next song to begin, a mini explosion catches everyone’s attention. The explosion begins to spread tear gas throughout the crowd, while they all disperse with haste. Men dressed in riot gear flood the area as Jimmy watches from the edge of the building. The men dressed in riot gear are covered from head to toe with black clothing. Their helmets defend their faces from direct damage with a clear visor. The rain starts to fall again as thunder speaks for the sky. The band had also escaped somehow, while covered by the tear gas. The sky appears silver, signaling a bad omen. Its cold out and the roads are slipping with rain. Jimmy catches sight of the Boy making a run for it at the opposite end of the building, and begins hustling behind him.

            “Not sure where the rest of the band went, but I have to catch him before the authorities do!” Jimmy thinks to himself. Jimmy reaches the opposite side of the building and just barely catches a glimpse of The Boy rounding the corner of another alleyway. “He must be trying to find a way out of the city, guessing from his route, he’s trying to make it to the bridge where I entered from!” Jimmy stops abruptly as he’s confronted by two hefty-sized men blocking his way.

            “Why are you running away from the scene? Are you involved with these anarchists?” Asked hefty man number one.

            Jimmy snickers as he bites down on a snickers bar. “I am certainly no anarchist. But I do believe we are searching for the same person. I anticipate I will find him first though...The Boy Who Destroyed the World.”

            Both hefty men glance back at one another, and back onto Jimmy. They nod their heads subtly and turn their 100% attention toward Jimmy. “You’re coming with us. We have some questions we want to ask you.”

            “I am afraid that is simply not possible. You see, I am in a bit of a hurry. And I’m new to this city, so I don’t understand how you do things here.” Jimmy walks toward the two hefty men without a shed of fear showing. As he walks to pass them the two hefty men come together to block Jimmy. “I see . . . no matter.” Hefty man number one grabs Jimmy by his forearm while the other grips Jimmy’s shoulder. Jimmy’s beard suddenly spreads and grips both of the hefty men by their vulnerable throats and proceeds to lift them off of their heavy feet. They both instantly lose their grip from Jimmy and focus on gripping his beard. They spit out choking while their faces become painted in red. Jimmy leans in between them both and quietly states, “Don’t f**k with me.” Jimmy cuts between the two hefty men like he’s opening the doors to an old western saloon. Jimmy’s beard shrinks back to its normal self and the two men collapse to the ground with a loud thump. They breathe heavily as their faces return to their pale selves.

            As he inches closer to the bridge he catches sight of the Boy. He is half way across the bridge by the time Jimmy reaches the start of it. Jimmy stops and catches his breath while The Boy is nearly on the ending side of the bridge. The gate suddenly begins to open at its snail pace. The Boy stops as the gate opens; guards/police run right past Jimmy as they yell toward The Boy.

            “Stop! You’re coming with us!” They yelled. As the gate is opening a bright light shoots across the entire bridge. The Boy blocks the blinding light with his right hand to try to catch sight to whatever is coming toward him. The bright light moves toward The Boy and stops, blocking the road. A man rises from the vehicle and stands on its roof. Jimmy is unable to make out who it is due to the piercing light.

            “Hello Boy, you have a lot of nerve coming into the city. You got some god damn balls coming back here! You know we are after you for your high crimes, why come back?” States the man by the vehicle.

            The Boy brushes the hair out of his face and turns toward the man. He glares but says nothing. A pause ensues between everyone; all of the local authorities seem paralyzed. The Boy jumps onto the bridge wall.

            “Don’t jump! You will die with the impact if you choose to jump into the water. It is not deep enough! You will perish if you fall and I can more than guarantee that. Come with us peacefully.” The man shouts with great passion. He almost sounds as if sincerely cares for the Boy. The Boy once again turns toward the shouting man. The boy removes his watch and tosses it into the river. The authorities observe with great curiosity and concern as he does it. They all glance back at one another wondering what they’re going to do.  The Boy had removed his jacket and also tossed it into the river while the authorities glance toward one another. “Please, step down and accept your fate. There is no reason to go out like a coward.”

            He gathers his pitch black hair and knots it back. He whispers to himself as his hair falls back to its natural state. Suddenly the Boy breaks into singing some emotional notes.

            “Is he singing?” One of the local authorities asks while leaning into the passionate man’s personal space.

            “Fool, back up. But I fear you’re correct, what possible reason is there to suddenly break into song?” The man ponders to himself.

            “Lieutenant! We have a vehicle dashing toward the bridge, we need to get our men out of the way! It’s a silver BFW sedan with a lot of power.” The darkness cloaking the passionate man dissipates. “Lieutenant Bear! What are your orders?!”

            “That vehicle isn’t going to do anything, don’t you see?” He says while pointing out a hefty vehicle slowly heading toward the bridge entrance. “Whoever is driving will have to stop, unless they deliberately want to die.”

            SCREECH! The dashing car finally appears from around the corner, running at full throttle. Everyone braces for the dashing car, while the Boy curiously observes. As the dashing car heads toward the bridge the authorities catch sight of the driver and passengers. It’s the rest of the band coming to save the Boy. Jade points out The Boy on the bridge while Adam hits the gas even harder. The Boy gasps as their car accelerates toward the brobdingnagian sized vehicle blocking the bridge.

            Jimmy leaps out of the way and into the water below. The speeding BFW breaks and screeches as it attempts to stop.

            “We are sorry Davey.” Whispers Jade. CRASH! The vehicle explodes on impact with the large vehicle. The explosion sends everybody to the ground while the surrounding vehicles window’s burst into little pieces. Lieutenant Bear looks around for the Boy, but only sees the blinding light from the explosion. He runs over to the edge where the Boy was standing and searches for him. No sign that he may have jumped in, but where else could he have gone?



© 2017 Azulberry


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

642 Views
Added on October 23, 2017
Last Updated on November 11, 2017


Author

Azulberry
Azulberry

Hemet, CA



About
I love writing, and I need feedback. Please help yourselves and critique away. If it at the least entertains you, then I'll consider it a win. Days of the Phoenix more..

Writing
Sequester Sequester

A Chapter by Azulberry